• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Arsenal vs Norwich City | 02/04/05

Rocafella

Established Member
Can't wait to see the highlights later on of our win and the Bowyer Dyer fight. I hope Dyer gave Bowyer what alot of people of football have wanted to do over the years.

Sith_Gooner

Rocafella said:
Can't wait to see the highlights later on of our win and the Bowyer Dyer fight. I hope Dyer gave Bowyer what alot of people of football have wanted to do over the years.

Yeah Rocafella, he's been due that spanking for a long time, just hope Dyer enjoyed it, they just apologised in a press conference too. mmmmmmmmmmm humble pie anyone!!

Alexone234

Norwich offered very little in terms of resistance, and I thought that while TH was the man of the match, Gilberto Silva showed why we missed him.

algunner

I thought it was like 8 or 9 wow ??? He might get it next game. I would rather wait till he gets it against Chelsea that would be lovely scoring a brace and breaking the record.

RocktheCasbah

Established Member
Spike said:
kanuuu said:
What was Henry's hattrick like?
Haven't seen it yet, but I predict it was fantastic like all his other hattricks. :p

1st goal was a smart turn and right foot finish into the bottom corner from inside the penalty area.

2nd goal was Henry cutting in from the left and smashing a shot into the far corner.

The hat trick goal was good opportunism as he slid home a ball from Reyes who had been taken out in the penalty area.

All quality finishes.

I thought Thierry was on 181 for the club now, which means 5 goals to break the record.

Sammer

Established Member
Overall a must win - but it was Henry who made the difference:

Lehmann - after a couple of very good matches, he did not look confident today 6

Lauren - not too convincing either as he got beaten by pace a couple of times 6

Toure - a better match from him, but ...hm, well it was Norwich 7,5

Cygan - made some good clearances and not any major mistakes 7,5

Pires - I thought he had a pretty bad game considering the opponent - was a bit at fault when we conceded as he let the Norwich striker go through too easily 6.5

Reyes - a good game from him, altough his passing was suspect at times (as was his finishing), but overall a good effor 7.5

Fabregas - did the job, distributed the ball well, but nothing remarkable 7.5

Flamini - see: Fabregas, but of course with more defensive impact 7.5.

Ljungberg - continues his good form and was involved 100% - 8.5.

Gilberto - great game for a 1st game after such a long injury - 8.5.

Henry - pure class; perfect touches, perfect timing, superb finishing - he was a different class to all of the players on the pitch 10

van Persie - not much of an impact really, maybe due to him only playing for a couple of minutes.

KingReyes

Established Member
For those who went to the game what reception did Cole get? I saw the game but there was no audio :evil: . But reading another Arse forum his name was booed (not loudly) when the lineups were announced. looks like he got a mixedreception.

IBL

Established Member
see here for video highlight of BOWYER Vs DYER.....hilarious stuff :shock: :lol: :lol:

edit: sorry no video clips please!

koivu

OneteaminLondon said:
kanuuu said:
Was that match on sale to Red members?

I don't think so, but I went to the Pins to watch it.

Nope, definitely was not. Thought I might have had a chance at this one but no dice. Haven't had a chance since Palace in Feb!

koivu

Oh, and can't wait for Match of the Day for both our performance and the rumble between those two

jeremiesgirl

Anybody have news on Flamini's injury - Arsenal.com said he was taken off after 36 mins with a thigh injury so just wondered how bad it was?

whoztheman

two positive things out of the draw between manu and BR.

firstly, we r in the second spot.(woohoo)

secondly, wenger and the players will realise that BR will be no walkover. any team that can draw with man at OT will probably be much stronger at a neutral venue. the good thing going for us is we are closer than ever before this year to having a settled team. we are high in confidence.

the dawn raids

Established Member
whoztheman said:
two positive things out of the draw between manu and BR.

firstly, we r in the second spot.(woohoo)

secondly, wenger and the players will realise that BR will be no walkover. any team that can draw with man at OT will probably be much stronger at a neutral venue. the good thing going for us is we are closer than ever before this year to having a settled team. we are high in confidence.

excellent point. back into second. for now.

:wink:

Soler

Established Member
whoztheman said:

Well, we did kind of beat them two weeks ago with a slightly under strength team at their place ;)

Arsenal Quotes

Of the nine red cards this season we probably deserved half of them

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom