• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Arsenal vs Portsmouth | 28/12/05

• Thread starter Anonymous
  • Start date
  • Replies 230
  • Views 10,389

mood

Good to see Reyes again on the scoresheet as well as Bergkamp.

I enjoyed Pires' display. Flamini was also very good. Gilberto was an improvement.

mood

Hleb was definitely rested.. he needed it.

Good to see Man Utd, Sp**s drop points today. Chelsea would've too if Man City held on for 10 mins longer.

informed1

HOLD THE PRESS!!!

Paddy was back home.....what the.....now why is he back? just to watch the game or.....do I dare consider it?...no no quite absurd......anyway bad luck at Citeh they couldn't hold on and bloody chelsea got lucky. But Birmingham...much respect and joining all the rest KANUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Monne

did he do the kickoff or something?
would have been nice to have a proper way to say goodbye

i say give him a season ticket after tonight :lol:

phenn

Good job gunners... and i can't help but say kanuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu just because i love the guy. Because let's face it we need to catch Sp**s now.

James

Established Member
Reyes, Flamini, Toure and Henry were all brilliant tonight.

Dennis had a very good game also, and Pires also looked like he wanted that two year extension. Whether he'd keep that sort of form up is another question, just look at Dennis.

Cygan was his normal self, and Gilberto improved on his recent form but he looks very low in confidence at the moment.

I predicted it to be 4-0 at half time before the game, had a flashback of us stuffing Harry Redknapp's West Ham a few years back and just had that feeling it'd be a comfortable night.

IBL

Established Member
Just came back from the match, very impressive first half, dire second half but can't complain with 4 goals in 45 mins and a clean sheet.

Flamini was really good today, what a through ball for Henry's first and helped to set the first one up too. Henry took his goals well, Reyes was very lively and deserved his goal. Gilberto and pires were ok. The back 5 bar Cygan were solid....but Cygan was again dreadful, he even managed to throw a ball down the line out of play at one point. Bergkamp, apart from his goal was average.

All in all a great confidence booster and it was great to see that Kanu still has Arsenal in his heart ;)

Lukazan

Established Member
Glad to hear Flamini played well..

Only saw the MOTD highlights but he looked good from what I saw! Incredibly good through ball for Henry's goal.

4-0 is a good result against a Pompey side who haven't been playing at all badly lately although apparently they had one or two key players injured.

But it's a confidence booster and just the kind of result ideal for going in to an away game.

COME ON ARSENAL.

A

Anonymous

Ice Berg legend said:
Just came back from the match, very impressive first half, dire second half but can't complain with 4 goals in 45 mins and a clean sheet.

Flamini was really good today, what a through ball for Henry's first and helped to set the first one up too. Henry took his goals well, Reyes was very lively and deserved his goal. Gilberto and pires were ok. The back 5 bar Cygan were solid....but Cygan was again dreadful, he even managed to throw a ball down the line out of play at one point. Bergkamp, apart from his goal was average.

All in all a great confidence booster and it was great to see that Kanu still has Arsenal in his heart ;)

Was the crowd aware Vieira was in the stadium.

A

Anonymous

Yup.. Mr V looked very dappa in his un-matrix clothing.
--

As per the game.
Above-average performance, soft-domination.

Good goals, lively team.

Cygan is awful.

Defense needs tightening.

Campbell and Senderos with Toure being a defensive shield.

I'm waiting for Hleb to do something.

Good win.

James

Established Member
Highly Fabregas said:
Was the crowd aware Vieira was in the stadium.
Nope. There wasn't any word on it, or any songs sung so...

First i knew of him being there was reading it on here when i got back.

IBL

Established Member
Highly Fabregas - I got to the match a little late because of the trains so his presence may have been announced, but I doubt it because not once was there a "Vieera oooooo" chant.

I only found out he was there when I saw MoTD

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Didn't see the match , but read in several internet articles that Matty Flamini was excellent and defence splitting passes no less! Good to hear. That will quieten his critics for well , a couple of hours . Keep it up Matty.

Fin_Gooner

Sounds like an excellent performance for a change. Too bad this had to be the 1st EPL match I totally missed this season (I wish it had been the dreadful Bolton match instead). Well, I guess it's just my luck. I started downloading the MOTM this morning and will watch it on my lunch break. Up the gunners!

Arsenal Quotes

He is like a new signing

Arsène Wenger on a player coming back from injury

Latest posts

Top Bottom