• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Aston Villa vs Arsenal | 31/12/05

Courier

>YounGunner< said:
Toure should be captian he never sulks he carrys the team gets into every challenge, funny and cheerful guy. Inspiring.

Henry is not a captain, It is obvious that Wenger only made him captain so he could stay.

I agree totally mate. I called wenger on this board at the season start 'comical wenger' Originally after completing his double we could see this as a joke, however over the last 2 years he looks more and more like the iraqi madman. Standing as players desert us, play games like practice matches, poor performsnce after poor performance, defeats are treated as 'victories' in his eyes, quality players become available and go elseware for big, medium and small fees he seems oblivious to it all. "trust me" he said. :cry:

Arsène I'd love nothing more for you to shove our comments right down our throats. Make Kolo captain move him to CM and partner him with his brother.Get rid of Gilberto and use his money towards a CB and start rebuilding our team from there.

A

Anonymous

Oh I forgot to say I was very impressed with Baros at the weekend. He sure did give our back four problems. I know he didnt score but with the correct service we would be awsome. I think he has improved since his move from liverpool.

longrufus

Established Member
i thought he was bad yesterday, however i think he has the ability to be a top player in the right team

A

Anonymous

Tegh said:
Yeah, he was great at beating our offside trap.
:roll:

But most were due to the passer not releasing the ball quick enough. I was impressed how he out muscled Campbell. For me he reminded me of Anelka.

longrufus

Established Member
Anelka had way more going for him, pity he couldnt shake the demons in his head, not to mention those behind him (brothers)

RocktheCasbah

Established Member
Courier said:
Arsène I'd love nothing more for you to shove our comments right down our throats. Make Kolo captain move him to CM and partner him with his brother.Get rid of Gilberto and use his money towards a CB and start rebuilding our team from there.

Use your brain.

Kolo goes to centre midfield, leaving us with Cygone Senderos and an ever more unconvincing Sol Campbell. And having to buy an off the peg replacement. I'm not sure if you observed how long it took Campbell and Kolo to settle into their respective positions, but it was at least six months in Kolo's case.

A central midfield containing two Toures. Great in theory, but this is the real world, a world containing the African Nations Cup- so your vaunted Toure-Toure midfield would completely disappear for at least one month every two years. Not to mention the other games that Kolo and, hypothetically, Yaya would be involved in. Kolo would also have to adjust to playing further up, and Yaya would also have to adjust to playing in a new country, new team.. If seeing the two Toures in central midfield is the height of your ambition for Arsenal, then I'm very, very glad you have nothing to do with the running of this club.

And how much do you think we would get for Gilberto anyway? No top team is going to buy him.

sabret00the

Established Member
RocktheCasbah said:
Courier said:

Use your brain.

Kolo goes to centre midfield, leaving us with Cygone Senderos and an ever more unconvincing Sol Campbell. And having to buy an off the peg replacement. I'm not sure if you observed how long it took Campbell and Kolo to settle into their respective positions, but it was at least six months in Kolo's case.

A central midfield containing two Toures. Great in theory, but this is the real world, a world containing the African Nations Cup- so your vaunted Toure-Toure midfield would completely disappear for at least one month every two years. Not to mention the other games that Kolo and, hypothetically, Yaya would be involved in. Kolo would also have to adjust to playing further up, and Yaya would also have to adjust to playing in a new country, new team.. If seeing the two Toures in central midfield is the height of your ambition for Arsenal, then I'm very, very glad you have nothing to do with the running of this club.

And how much do you think we would get for Gilberto anyway? No top team is going to buy him.
:lol: quality post.

in all honesty gilberto came here for £5m and he'd leave for around half that, a team rebuilding that does not start.

longrufus

Established Member
To be honest i think you could get around 5million for him. But to be honest i wouldnt sell him, he's been poor in his last 6/7 games, apart from that he has been one of our most consistant performers since he came

GuNNerZ4LiFe

Reyes should have been started on the left. Hleb on the right. Llunberg has been crap most of the season and should have been punished for it. Can't really put a blame on Henry and Van Perse if our midfield cant provide them service.

Flamini is an average substitue player. And if Fabregas is in going to start we need to buy a DMF/CMF who can steal balls, shut down lanes, and just fight the opposition off the ball. Villa absolutely controled the game and we got really lucky to get a point away from home.

Arsenal Quotes

A player's true character is in how he plays and not in his social life. You can hide your real personality in your social life, You cannot on the field.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom