• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Aston Villa vs Arsenal | 31/12/05

singooner

"Villa showed a lot of fight and we had difficulty getting the ball to be able to play technically as we would have wanted." - A. Wenger

M. Wenger, many teams are going to prevent us from playing as "technically as we would have wanted." What are we going to do about it? Keep doing what we do and keep our fingers crossed?

Hate to say this but I almost wish for Manure to cream us 6-0 in the next game just so that Wenger, the Board and the team will wake up and smell the coffee. We can't keep doing things on the cheap and we can't keep relying on such a small squad, players need to run the risk of being benched to keep them on their toes. You're right, M. Wenger, we can't keep blaming our poor form on Vieira's departure, but Campbell, Gilberto, Pires, Ljungberg, Bergkamp and Henry, have not pulled their weight and the youngsters aren't totally ready. Buying one or two good players isn't going to ***** the progress of our youngsters if you ROTATE the bloody squad instead of relying on 15 outfield players to play 95% of the games.

At the rate we are going, by end-Jan we likely to be out of every competition this season and not qualify for CL next season.

bojed

AM Resident Joker #1
>YounGunner< said:
Toure should be captian he never sulks he carrys the team gets into every challenge, funny and cheerful guy. Inspiring.

Henry is not a captain, It is obvious that Wenger only made him captain so he could stay.

i agree with toure being the captain. what else can you ask more from a captain who puts his everything week in week out? plus toure doesnt sulk with his arms in the air and never puts on an irritating look on his face whenever an arsenal player gave him a bad pass and being dispossessed. he seems to have this "u dispossess my team mate's pass then i'll just have to destroy you into pieces" sort of mentality towards the opponents. just look at what he did to moore and baros.

well about giving henry the armband as a token for him to stay, there might be a slight chance of truth there but i dont know. whatever it is i hate skippers who sulk so much because of others bad passes but when he does it, it's meant to be forgiven. very very cheap.

Gooner83

i saw The Villa Fulham game which finished 3-3

it seemed Villa are very bad in the air... its a shame we don't have a player to exploit that :(

bojed

AM Resident Joker #1
Gooner83 said:
i saw The Villa Fulham game which finished 3-3

it seemed Villa are very bad in the air... its a shame we don't have a player to exploit that :(

lauren, toure, campbell, cygan, senderos. all are defenders. and correct me if i'm wrong, we only got 1 corner kick right?

:eek:ops:

MightyArsenal

Toure has been producing world class performaces nearly every game for us....If only we could have his drive in the centre of the park. But that would come at a price, leaving our defense with no pace what so ever.

usheray

to tell you the truth i blaimed this game on wenger how can he put in Hleb and remove Reyes whose bn unstoppable and knowing that Henry sulks when football is not flowing this was utter stupidity

Ryanzinhhio

People who complain about Gilberto just have to look at today to see why we need him, the midfield was non existance Fabregas when he did get the ball just gave it away and same can be said for Flamini the 2 of them together just get bullied. Ljungberg was useless as was Hleb really few nice touches but you expect more when you pay 8 million, Reyes should have started and so should Pires.

Was not good enough really though, we were lucky to come away with a point in the end although Toure should have nicked an undesearved winner at the death.

James

Established Member
Wenger was looking for a reaction from Hleb and Ljungberg after Wednesday's game, which never came. He really should have made the substitutions sooner...our best chance came in the 87th minute.

bojed

AM Resident Joker #1
i think the yellow away jersey has something to do with our away performances. bring back the bold blue!

(yeah i know this is absurd. i'm just frustrated with blowing a possible chance of winning at villa park)

James

Established Member
bojed said:
i think the yellow away jersey has something to do with our away performances. bring back the bold blue!
:shock:

Because we play really well in blue? It's well known that we never win anything in blue.

Tony Montana

Established Member
bojed said:

Yellow is our traditional away colour, not blue. The blue kit's crap anyway. You shouldn't believe in superstition either mate, i know you're joking though. We're losing and drawing because we are poor.

bojed

AM Resident Joker #1
yup mate i know that. well sometimes being crazy and sh*t is fun. just like playing hleb and cygan at the flanks

patrick42uk

Established Member
one way to explain hleb on the edge of our box is that i feel he's always thinking 'counter-attack' which is one of the reasons wenger brought him here. he just doesnt fully understand how little time you are afforded to do that in this league. i think he played worse than usual today and at times he looked a player low on confidence.

longrufus

Established Member
At the start of the season Hleb looked a great player, he really impressed me and i thought he would flourish in an arsenal shirt. However since his injury he has been very poor, i have been very disappointed with him to be honest.

Wheelori

at first, after Martin Tyler described Hleb as ''a player who looks like he's been playing for Arsenal for years'' i was expecting a lot more, i just hope he isn't going through a similar period to the one Reyes went through after his honeymoon period.

At least Hleb can ride a tackle, and get up and run at the same bloke with the ball.

i think it's too soon to write the guy off as a bad buy, if you think, no body in an Arsenal shirt is playing particularly well lately, and it must be even harder for Hleb, still being the new boy.

Given time and patience, he'll be a cracker.

sabret00the

Established Member
patrick42uk said:
one way to explain hleb on the edge of our box is that i feel he's always thinking 'counter-attack' which is one of the reasons wenger brought him here. he just doesnt fully understand how little time you are afforded to do that in this league. i think he played worse than usual today and at times he looked a player low on confidence.
totally agree, it was definately his worst game for us yet.

rojos

mrsvanpersie said:
ARGH! Why do we always start this "Wenger must leave" sh*t? And if Liverpool have such a good "pro-active" coach, why not support them? I mean the guy has achieved NOTHING, in comparisson to Arsène. .

An European Cup, UEFA cup and 2 Spanish championships by his 45th birthday ain't bad going c'mon :D

zerofeel

i reckon hes not playing well because he is being asked to play on the flanks when he is actually an a central attacking midfielder by trade.It takes a awhile to get used to the pace of the EPL peeps,give that guy a chance...

patrick42uk

Established Member
i dont know about that. henry played as a left wing forward quite often in the game today (although he didnt beat his man as often as i'd have expected). the purpose of that was to push hleb into playing in central areas as often as possible with that space on the left taken. this league has never been one to cater for pure offensive midfielders. OMFs are usually played out wide e.g. dunn, bentley, cole, pires. the exception is when there is a 3 man midfield.

Arsenal Quotes

Arsène Wenger's idea is not only to play good football. It's to play good football to win. In my day, we knew that with our style we could hurt teams and win trophies too. But we did it our way, with the positional game, passing, movement.

Dennis Bergkamp

Latest posts

Top Bottom