• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Bolton Wanderers vs Arsenal | 03/12/05

champions04

Wenger14 said:
I just shudder to think what Robben SWP Duff and Cole would be doing to Cygan on the 18th.

If I see Cygan's name in the starting line up against Chelsea, I'm not watching the match. How Wenger continiously persists in playing this guy is beyond me.

Gurgen

Established Member
celestis said:
Honestly, you can talk about people being stronger physically . I take it with a pinch of salt . If you have a bit of bottle and courage you can put up a fight wiht anyon on a soccer field. Savage is tiny , what abouth the job Neville did on Vieira. When you lose the ball you got to close them down. GIlberto is not a small man . Unfortunately he is playing like one .

Exactly, even if you're small, you get in there and kick the ****ers. Unfortunately our players simply don't seem to have the bottle.

Shadow Moses

Established Member
I'm going to say something no one seems to be capable of saying, let alone see on the field. Cesc Fabregas is NOT first team material. Yes, I said it. He may be the most gifted 18 year old on the planet but he's far from being an Arsenal starter. He provides absolutely nothing to the team besides passes. What on earth is the point of him being in a team if he can't provide anything other than passes? He can't run to recover when upfront, he can't tackle to save his life, he has absolutely zero physical presence, he is slow as a snail, he can't win any ball in the air(case in point.. Bolton's first goal yesterday) etc. All he does is pass the ball. That is all! I ask the question again, what is the point of a central mid-fielder if you can't do any of the above? Even Wenger saw this yesterday when he took Cesc off. The kid is hopeless against strong opposition.

All the above things Cesc lacks were done extremely well by Vieira(ye, I meantioned his name). He recovered all the time and made superb tackles. He had the "baddest" physical presence of any mid fielder out there, won countless headers and controlled the mf week in, week out..even when he was playing like crap. We obviously need another MF player.

Do you know the difference between last seaon's away form and this season's? Cesc for Vieira.

You draw your own conslusions.

Arsenal_Soldier

Im glad someone has said that, every team we play in the league is going to be physical, we need a beast someone bigger and badder than flamini, who does the same kind of job as flamini but also has creativity and a quick mind...hard to find. (I just want Riquelme :cry: )

A

Anonymous

hi guys, i don't know if any of you saw this, i watched the whole game, but when Cesc was taken he threw the bottle near Arsène wenger.

...and Thierry was constantly looking in disgust at the arsenal players.

Gooner_Girl

I didn't cause didn't see the whole game. Those goals... I can't believe how easily we gave them the goals. Gilberto and cygan, what were they thinking? For onceon motd, they said what was right. Why was cygan even on the pitch? Next week, toure must be moved to the left and senderos in centre back. Cygan is a risk, and is not doing his job. How the hell did he get 7 on the teletext ratings? Was close though with henry's chances, i don't think the race is over but we can't afford to slip again. A must win against newcastle.

LeTallec

as someone mentioned before the lack of bite in the midfield is a big problem in the premiership.. Vieira was physically a beast and you need a dominating player in the middle to do well in the premiership unfortunately because the ref is not asked.. I think Arsenal will struggle till they do not resolve that issue..I dont see Cesc as a central midfielder.. his best position in the premiership is behind the strikers like Valeron used to do for Depor

sabret00the

Established Member
Shadow Moses said:
I'm going to say something no one seems to be capable of saying, let alone see on the field. Cesc Fabregas is NOT first team material. Yes, I said it. He may be the most gifted 18 year old on the planet but he's far from being an Arsenal starter. He provides absolutely nothing to the team besides passes. What on earth is the point of him being in a team if he can't provide anything other than passes? He can't run to recover when upfront, he can't tackle to save his life, he has absolutely zero physical presence, he is slow as a snail, he can't win any ball in the air(case in point.. Bolton's first goal yesterday) etc. All he does is pass the ball. That is all! I ask the question again, what is the point of a central mid-fielder if you can't do any of the above? Even Wenger saw this yesterday when he took Cesc off. The kid is hopeless against strong opposition.

All the above things Cesc lacks were done extremely well by Vieira(ye, I meantioned his name). He recovered all the time and made superb tackles. He had the "baddest" physical presence of any mid fielder out there, won countless headers and controlled the mf week in, week out..even when he was playing like crap. We obviously need another MF player.

Do you know the difference between last seaon's away form and this season's? Cesc for Vieira.

in reality you're talking ****, IMO Cesc bettered Vieira last season and what he lacked then he's improved upon. can't tackle? where have you been for the last 5 games because it's in these games that he's shown his real ability to tackle, he's worked hard, i admit he's better at the commited (sliding) tackle than standing up but bar that he's a good player and currently our best midfield, you cannot expect an 18 year old to do the job of four people and when he can't get upset as was stated, Wenger took off everyone that played a half decent game, so let's not hold that up as testement to anything, we were just ****e.

A

Anonymous

With Henry we are a one man team, without him we play as a team. Although he is my best player I can see the positives in him leaving in the summer.

Killer7

Indeed sabre, and just to back it up against the more 'physical' Bolton CM:

http://www.arsenal.com/article.asp?arti ... as+v+Speed

Cesc Defending Speed
28 Tackles made 20
18 Tackles won 11
10 Tackles lost 9
12 Interceptions 10
1 Blocked Shots 3
8 Clearances 7
0 Penalties Conceded 0
0 Own Goals 0

My view: we were **** but as optomistic as I was pregame it's not a TOTAL disaster considering the Arses piss-poor record against them. It was patently clear, regardless of what Wenger said postmatch, they've got a kind of mental block against Fat Sams team.

We needed a win to put some pressure on the Chavs for Xmas time but we're gonna have to leave that to Man U & the Scousers but the season's still young and I'm still confident of a 2nd placing.

Just a LB and we've STILL got a geat team guys; where's all the negativity coming from about the rest of the season? We had the 2nd best defence in the league prior to Clichy getting injured and that level will return when Cygan leaves. Perhaps even before Cole's back, Wenger??!!

A few stern words with Gilberto, Hleb & Reyes starting, a LB and we're back on track. Hopefully.

Oh, and if Wenger's subs are anything to go by, I'm expecting changes to the Arse lineup in the coming games...

marco

Henry was not happy with Pires when he missed that chance off the rebound.

Fabregas had every right to be pissed off when he was taken off given that freddy and pires were abysmal as was gilberto.
I suppose you cant take gilberto off but freddy and pires.
I was going mad when RVP came off couldnt believe it.

We were shocking yesterday and i can take it when players have an off day but when they dont even try. and chase down and harry thats what really winds me up.
every time anyone got the ball, we were closed down by Bolton, 2 3 men on our players.How much space did we give them.
As for Stupid mistakes, ie.e cygan for first goal and Gilberto for second we cant afford to do that. Ok we had a goal disallowed which i thought was a fair goal. NBmatch of the day didnt even show that again!
It also shows how much we miss a left back, either cole or clichy for that extra bit of width and pace and control.
Ljunvberg and pires showed that they have never and wil lnever play well together.
LOok at both players best performances in an arsenal shirt, they were both when the other was out of the side.

Our support yesterday was poor i thought there just seems to me to be so many fans at games who just dont care. When that ****** Faye, or Nolan or Davies were elbowing two footing no one round me was getting wound up or incensed bar a handful.
Also for some reason there was argument going on 2 rows in front of me between arsenal fans.

Henry is off next summer you could see towards the end. Teh guy had 2 brilliant shots both hit post and RVP and pires should have finished both rebounds.

Also to all you arsenal fans out there who continually slat Lehmann and waiting for him to make next mistake. he was excellent yesterday kept us in the game and was one of the only people on the pitch who seemed to ****ing care about the club. hence why he kept arguing with those little ****s of ball boys who never seemed to give the ball back quickly.
Well done Jens thank you for at least showing some care for the cause yesterday, unlike the rest of them!

Sie

Jesus, our defending was awful yesterday. When Lauren, toure and eboue leave for the african nations cup i can only imagine the amount of goals we're going to concede.

:(

Killer7

Lauren doesn't go.

Hleb's back for RM - Eboue won't be so sorely missed.

Toure - Senderos or Cygan.

Cole will be back.

We'll be fine I think. Unlike Bolton, who I'm gonna relish crash and burning!!!

sabret00the

Established Member
Killer7 said:
Lauren doesn't go.

Hleb's back for RM - Eboue won't be so sorely missed.

Toure - Senderos or Cygan.

Cole will be back.

We'll be fine I think. Unlike Bolton, who I'm gonna relish crash and burning!!!
Eboue's a right back.

Shadow Moses

Established Member
sabret00the said:
Shadow Moses said:

in reality you're talking s**t, IMO Cesc bettered Vieira last season and what he lacked then he's improved upon. can't tackle? where have you been for the last 5 games because it's in these games that he's shown his real ability to tackle, he's worked hard, i admit he's better at the commited (sliding) tackle than standing up but bar that he's a good player and currently our best midfield, you cannot expect an 18 year old to do the job of four people and when he can't get upset as was stated, Wenger took off everyone that played a half decent game, so let's not hold that up as testement to anything, we were just s***e.

No, you are full of ****. And based on your history here, I have every right to say so. Once you pick a side i.e a player, you lose all links with reality. I'll state it again like I see it..Cesc is not good enough. You can scew the figures like you wish but the record speaks for itself. Cesc cannot replace Vieira. I will not go into individual player stats 'cos they are as misleading as most PR stuff out there. What I have for you is the record this season and that of last

This stage last seaon (away games) P8 W5 D2 L1. pts 16
This season..............(away games) P7 W1 D2 L4. pts 5

Do you know the difference between this season and last? One MF player.
The MF is clearly weak and lacks physical presence. Cesc cannot provide this and we will continue to lose and perform badly against strong opposition. We've been embarasses countless times in the MF this season(Boro, Scums, Bolton, West Ham) and it is bound to continue until a replacement is found for Vieira or 2-3yrs time when Cesc becomes a man.

Killer7

Yeah but with Lauren playing, Eboue won't be so sorely missed cos they'll be a RM in front who can play. So Eboue won't need to come on as a RM, as he has for one or two games (?) and Lauren's a warrior, man, injury FREE.

/cue the jinx...

Shadow Moses said:
I'll state it again like I see it..

But dude, the stats proove you wrong. There's a whole heap of reasons for our underperformance this year compared to last, and Cesc is farrr lower than some of them.

sabret00the

Established Member
Shadow Moses said:
sabret00the said:
Shadow Moses said:

in reality you're talking s**t, IMO Cesc bettered Vieira last season and what he lacked then he's improved upon. can't tackle? where have you been for the last 5 games because it's in these games that he's shown his real ability to tackle, he's worked hard, i admit he's better at the commited (sliding) tackle than standing up but bar that he's a good player and currently our best midfield, you cannot expect an 18 year old to do the job of four people and when he can't get upset as was stated, Wenger took off everyone that played a half decent game, so let's not hold that up as testement to anything, we were just s***e.

No, you are full of ****. And based on your history here, I have every right to say so. Once you pick a side i.e a player, you lose all links with reality. I'll state it again like I see it..Cesc is not good enough. You can scew the figures like you wish but the record speaks for itself. Cesc cannot replace Vieira. I will not go into individual player stats 'cos they are as misleading as most PR stuff out there. What I have for you is the record this season and that of last

This stage last seaon (away games) P8 W5 D2 L1. pts 16
This season..............(away games) P7 W1 D2 L4. pts 5

Do you know the difference between this season and last? One MF player.
The MF is clearly weak and lacks physical presence. Cesc cannot provide this and we will continue to lose and perform badly against strong opposition. We've been embarasses countless times in the MF this season(Boro, Scums, Bolton, West Ham) and it is bound to continue until a replacement is found for Vieira or 2-3yrs time when Cesc becomes a man.
:lol: you're laughable. you really are. Cesc is 18 and without a doubt in anyone's head bar yours our best central midfielder. everyone has stated atleast once this season that the wingers are underperforming now what does that say to you? "sabret00the is full of ****" get your head outta your arse, he's not Vieira he never will be, but that's isn't sufficient enough an excuse for everyone else to stop performing.

let's break it down for you.
Pires; seems intent on proving he can defend in order to get Italian interest however doesn't show the desire or heart for this new defensive role so just wastes space bar the odd good performance.

Ljungberg; only ever looked good with Vieira and Dennis to hold his hand, now without either he looks like a duck outta water. no Vieira to pass the ball sideways too, receive it back and look like a space finding, off the ball running genius. no Dennis to again pass the ball sideways too, find the spae and slot it home. lacks the individual ability to do it on his own, so duck outta water.

Reyes; the most solid of the wingers, but has a brain like a _____? will get the ball, make a run then do **** and lose it, tends to look best playing with van Persie who he seems to have some understanding with and looks outta place whenever our franchise player is on the pitch. saying that he's done some very good things this season, but highlighting them doesn't suit the purpose of this post.

now let's look at Gilberto; doesn't seem to have made a successful pass this season, unable to tackle and come out with the ball, unable to get forward and has looked outta sorts staying back, this can be blame on covering for Cygan.

now if you must look at Cesc; Commited challenges, sliding tackles and retreiving the ball, holds up the ball well, get's forward well, only real problem is he can't defend set pieces.

now i'm sorry that you're bias and blind as **** and have no idea how you can call me full of **** but the facts are the facts. Cesc has been our best midfielder for a minute now and is doing the work of four men.

it's easy to blame everything on Cesc, but the fact of the matter is, Gilberto, Pires and Freddie are all underperforming this season.

Arsenal Quotes

I am not scared to spend money. If you go out with me one night, you will understand that.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom