• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Loss PL: Brentford 2 - 0 Arsenal | Friday, August 13 | KO: 20:00 BST | Sky Sports

Match Prediction

• Brentford

Votes: 46 30.1%
  • Draw

Votes: 33 21.6%
  • Arsenal

Votes: 74 48.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Utterly pathetic display against Sp**s. It's almost as if we can't even create a chance to save our lives ffs. Under Wenger, we use to create highest number of clear cut chances. We used to be the best team in Europe at breaking teams down. But A-M said that was stagnation and that what we're seeing now is progress.

Anyway, enough of the ranting. Seriously if we go into the season as is, we're not finishing more than 10th. Our football is torture.

We need Saka back ASAP. But this game will come too soon for him.

Prediction : Brentford 0-1 Arsenal

Predicted Lineup

1857939_Arsenal.jpg
Top post. Brentford is hell of a story but really, if we can’t beat these it’s time pack it in and start following Palace with Vieira, or OM with Saliba and Douzi. Come back to Arsenal when the misery is over.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

I hope to see our strongest side play:

Gk: Leno
RB: Chambers
CB: Holdini
CB: Gabriel
LB: Tierney
Cm: White/Lokonga
Cm: Willock
Acm: ESR
Rw: Pepe
LW: Saka
CF: Lacca

However I fully excpet White at CB, Xhaka, PEA and Bellerin to start. At the expense of Holdidni, Willock, Chambers and Pepe.
White might make a better CM due to his short stature.

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

Leno
Bellerin/Chambers White Holding/Mari Tierney
Xhaka Lokongo
Pepe ESR Saka
Laca/Auba.

Thats what I'd go with until Gabriel gets fully fit then he'll take the spot next to White. Partey will take Xhaka or Lokongos place when he is fit aswell. I'm unsure on who to put as CF between those 2, one will have to come off the bench. You'd think Arteta would be sensible to keep ESR & Saka in their places & have one off the bench as impact. Pepe should start on the right.

Atlas

Lost a sausage bet on Xhaka 😭
I've never been less optimistic for the start of a season. The team looks painfully average the only thing one can do is hope for a miracle and for the planets and stars to align to allow us to have a decent season. We are going to need everyone to move up a level because the current base performance of this team is mid table.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

I don’t care how crap things are I’m always excited for the new season. Also it’s f*cking Brentford, if we don’t win this at least 6-0 Arteta should be sacked.
I see there’s still 32% of voters going for a Brentford win, not even a draw 😂 OMD.

Tourbillion

Angry & Miserable
I don’t care how crap things are I’m always excited for the new season. Also it’s f*cking Brentford, if we don’t win this at least 6-0 Arteta should be sacked.
Arteta should be sacked if we win 6-0.

There's no way we're doing that anyway though. Have you seen us play?

Lady_Gooner

Posting While Meditating
Trusted ⭐

I’ve decided to get excited too. Gonna order some sushi, have a bottle of Prosecco and force my flat mate to watch it with me :D

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Well! Where I used to live had basically no sushi options other than this random sushi place. But where I’ve moved has a highly rated sushi place so gonna try ittt!

Fair. Went stix n sushi pre-Covid with the Mrs and got totally scammed.

Elite food though.

berric

Established Member

Player:Trossard
Currently vacationing in Budapest. Heard there's an entire pub here dedicated to Arsène Wenger and I'm tempted to watch the game there. But seeing Micky on the sidelines would make me feel like I cheated on my beautiful lovely wife with a young, mentally deranged lunatic.

Arsenal1508

Mods are unethical! Özil, come assist me please!
When we lose, hope it is a thrashing. No close contest where Arteta can say we were the better team and dominated.

Morning_woody

We will get trashed won't we?! Opening fixture, playing against a motivated and newly promoted Brentford side in a packed stadium. They will get ahead on an own goal in 12th minute, Ben white scores an own goal.
They score their second goal in 34th minute, Leno makes a massive mistake after trying to play out from the back. Luckily we won't concede more goals that evening, however Saka and Tierney leave the pitch on a stretcher. They are both out 6 to 7 months.
Brentford doesn't even get a booking for butchering the two of course.
Stats after the game show that we didn't have a single shot on goal. Arteta loses it in the post match interview and lashes out at Edu and the owners. Stan makes a press release post match that we are working on strengthening the squad. We bring in Ødegaard and Abraham on loan, no purchase option. We stop trying to get rid of Kolasinac, Willian, Bellerin, Chambers, Torreira and Eleny. They all will play a role now that Saka and Tierney are out. Oh yeah, we lose the upcoming fixtures again Chelsea and City too.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
I’ve decided to get excited too. Gonna order some sushi, have a bottle of Prosecco and force my flat mate to watch it with me :D
It’s only Brentford too, their stadium is probably in a shopping centre next to Vue. We have enough time for breakdowns after the Chelsea and City games coming up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Play for the name on the front of the shirt and they’ll remember the name on the back.

Tony Adams

Latest posts

Top Bottom