• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: West Bromwich Albion vs Arsenal | 02/05/05

gunnertilldeath

Established Member
two more games and we've clinched second place. manure wont catch us. up the gunners!! again, senderos = brilliant magnificence. he and kolo toure will be arsenal legends.

kel varnsen

Established Member
Eduuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu!!! :D :D

he has to start the next match. he is just brilliant these days. so damn cool on the ball, brilliant passing and he even scored a great goal today.

i think we are saving energy, the midfield wasn't running at the first half, second half was better... reyes worked hard... he should have passed to cole when he got a chance though instead of keep dribling and shoot right to the defender...
Senderos! = dang... five star! except some awful passing in the first half
Van Persie suprisingly becomse british airways player of the match (watch on fox world sport) instead of sendo, i dont mind at all... persie play pretty good today!

second half was much better!

go go gunners!

OneProudGooner

Established Member
A bit of a dire game but we grinded out a result Toure misplaced a few passes early on which could of cost us one error and we could of be behind and with their Formation I don't think we would of found it any easier.

Otherwise overall our defence was solid and our 2 Central midfielders were immense especially Vieira who was doing everything including distributing the ball well, you can see how highly the other players respect and think of him as he was probably the most passed to player on the pitch!
Upfront didn't have much of a chance but the young 2 upfront managed to create one chance and Van persie took it well whilst Pires and Fabregas were okay but we do really need Ljungberg back sometime soon and a Right Winger next season.

AFCG7

Established Member
IMportant win.. with potential points-droppers vs Pool/Birmingham/Everton ..we needed to stay 4 points ahead of the Manc ****.

yihyng

But our last 3 games are somewhat harder than Man U's.

Liverpool. Everton and Birmingham.

WBA, Southampton and Chelsea

I suspect Chelsea is going to field a bunch of reserves against Man U since they will be resting players for the CL, unless Liverpool kicks their butt.... Besides, they've won the season so there isn't anything for them to play for - Time for them to dust off the Scot Parkers and Kezmans of the team for some action....

yonatan

Pretty bad game for us overall. I think Cole may have been offside for that Reyes pass (or lack thereof), if he wasn't then I'm really disappointed in Reyes.

kamikaze80

Established Member
reyes shouldve cut it back for cole on that breakaway, you could see how frustrated ash was at not getting the pass, he was all alone on that far post. its really not that hard to have an awareness of where your teammates are, thats part of why reyes' play is so frustrating to watch sometimes. henry wouldve made it the simplest of goals...

but, good assist on rvp's goal, which was well-taken.

eddie_wills

good result, not a great performance - they were very hard to break down, but we didn't help ourselves by playing at such a slow tempo for most of the match. Fabregas and Pires in particular were dire tonight, although at least Cesc applied far more effort than Bobby

Ashley MOTM for me, narrowly beating Phil and PV4

Allyboy

Established Member
We were professional today and got the three points, which was all that mattered.

With two home games to come we should be okay for second now, it really is ours to throw away.

JazzG

Established Member
Good professional performance by the lads, needed 3 points and got it. Yet another clean sheet as well which is very good to see. We look a lot more compact now all over the field.

yihyng

Even though it is against Liverpool? Our home record against them is kinda spotty over the last few years.

I think Birmingham is doable. But Everton and Liverpool are fighting tooth and nail for the 4th CL slot still, and that makes it so much harder.

Mbaki Mutahaba

Established Member
Being second is very important because that means for the past 2 years in a row we would have finished above Manure. Unfortunately we have a new force to contend with that is supported by the russian mafia. But overall being on top of Manure for 2 consecutive seasons is a big accomplishment by itself. Lets go for it.

Arsenal Quotes

I believe one of the best things about managing people is that we can influence lives in a positive way. That’s basically what a manager is about. When I can do that, I am very happy.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom