• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Premier League 2023/24: Our Race Is Run

Where do we finish in 23/24?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Farzad

Stormy's Lifetime Fan and Subscriber #1 🫶🏽

Player:Havertz
Yeah maybe but I also think no matter who was in our place every fan base would be gagging for City to win it over them. You don't really get City fans lauding it over you as I never see any
That maybe case in Uk but they do have fans abroad and among young. Winning brings you casual fans and gloryhounds

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

That maybe case in Uk but they do have fans abroad and among young. Winning brings you casual fans and gloryhounds
I don't really see them online but I'm not exactly looking for them either. Maybe not got past parental controls yet

Farzad

Stormy's Lifetime Fan and Subscriber #1 🫶🏽

Player:Havertz
I don't really see them online but I'm not exactly looking for them either. Maybe not got past parental controls yet
Their fan forum is huge has tons of posters although you can’t go by that as a measure. A lot yanks i know who just picked up European club football last few years back them. Not everyone is up to on tradition or who was great 25 years ago.

LookingForEric

Patronize me again and I'll destroy you 😖

Who isn’t going to the euros? Or who won’t play a big part?

Pretty much our entire back 4 but Gabriel obviously has copa America. Rice and Saka will be a big part for England. Ødegaard isn’t there, Havertz probably won’t be a huge part.

boonthegoon

Arteta In by November

Player:Ødegaard

Pretty much our entire back 4 but Gabriel obviously has copa America. Rice and Saka will be a big part for England. Ødegaard isn’t there, Havertz probably won’t be a huge part.
Havertz is a starter for Germany.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵

Zinchenko and Kiwior will play a lot

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Bobby Fischer always played against the whole soveit union.

This season felt like that. Everyone rather City won it than us. Even that rat Neville. Sp**s gave them the win. Aston Villa rested their starting line up. What was that Everton today? They played like they were in some sort of squid game.

We really must be the most hated club in England?
I don't know. The Premier League itself probably needed an Arsenal title win. It's not good optics with a bankrolled City winning the title four times in a row.

Blankety Blank

emoji merchant
Yeah, but the thing is I think the invincibles could go invincible in this league :lol:

I'm not demanding Arsenal go undefeated, but City is only one team and the league is full of weak opposition, at least in comparison to Arsenal and City's starting 11.

and like I said, I nowhere criticised our points tally at all. I equally don't think you can look at that Everton match for example though and feel hard done by at all. Or the Villa or Fulham matches.
Its your opinion which is fair enough.

I am somewhere in the middle I think the invincibles were undoubtedly a phenomenal side (our best ever) they probably win the league now but perhaps don't go unbeaten?

I honestly do think there is a lot of nostalgia around our previous teams & the league back then as it relates to people's youth when football was seen as better. It's not a new way of thinking it happens every generation.

We have not been serious challengers since Abramovichs Chelsea moved the goal posts. A lot is due to finance & we couldn't get the players but no doubt the demands to win the league & the level required became higher.

Lets look at the way the league finished today the top 8 powerful clubs pretty much finished in those poisitions.

Let's look back at the invincible league table it looks pretty average compared to nowadays.
60 points would have got you 4th. The league certainly doesn't look anything special or tougher imho it's just nostalgia tinged thinking.

Can you or any of us make a coherent argument that the league was tougher back then.
When you objectively look at the teams & points totals it doesn't look to be the case?
The only thing people can do is roll of the names of some players enjoyed in our youth which lets be honest has been going on for many decades.
chrome_screenshot_19 May 2024 19_53_19 BST.png

Last edited:

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
Teams we would have pipped to the Title:

2022/23 Man City 89
2012/13 Man Utd 89
2006/07 Man Utd 89
2014/15 Chelsea 87
2007/08 Man Utd 87
2001/02 Arsenal - COYG 87
2020/21 Man City 86
2013/14 Man City 86
2009/10 Chelsea 86
1995/96 Man Utd 82
2015/16 Leicester 81
2010/11 Man Utd 80
2000/01 Man Utd 80
1998/99 Man Utd 79
1997/98 Arsenal - COYG 78
1996/97 Man Utd 75

Blankety Blank

emoji merchant
If you think competing against Prime Fergie United was "an honest era", you are insane...was as hard getting a title of them as it is City, plus the chasing pack was much better then so point tallies were lower generally.

Since the Invincible season, our best seasons go...

1. 2004/2005, 2nd and cup win.
2. 2014/2015, 3rd and cup win.
3. 2013/2014, 4th and cup win.
4. 2005/2006, 4th and Champions League final.

...all better than the current year.

Ok look at the league table I posted from the invincible season & tell me the chasing pack is better? 🤔

I agree we certainly could do better in the cups but points wise Artetas team in the last 2 seasons has done enough to win the title in all 3 of Arsenes prem winning seasons when 81 points was required.
All I'm saying is the goalposts have moved.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.

Dennis Bergkamp

Daily Transfer Updates

Sunday, May 2

Fulham have made Emile Smith Rowe a priority this summer and are ready to bid for him [Mike McGrath - The Telegraph]

Arsenal have scouted Las Palmas goalkeeper Alvaro Valles as they prepare to part company with Aaron Ramsdale [Ryan Taylor - The Mirror]

Arsenal have set a deadline of two weeks to complete the signing of Benjamin Šeško [Sky Germany]

Napoli striker Victor Osimhen is expecting an offer from Arsenal [Gazzetta]

Latest posts

Top Bottom