• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Premier League 2023/24: Race for the Top

Where do we finish in 23/24?

• Total voters

blaze_of_glory

No, it's not mindboggling we lost to Villa twice. Emery countered us perfectly.

But how did we lost to Fulham after leading early ?
I didn't see the game last week but didn't we miss a ton of chances in the one at Villa Park? I remember us being all over them after we went behind but just couldn't score.

You're right about Fulham though, that one really hurts.

dka1

100% Dark Chocolate
Trusted ⭐

I didn't see the game last week but didn't we miss a ton of chances in the one at Villa Park? I remember us being all over them after we went behind but just couldn't score.

Additionally we should've really been up by a few against Villa at home by half time.

I think us losing to them twice is more circumstancial than anything; I don't envisage us dropping points twice to them in the league next year.

Imo, ofc, ygm.

Haphazard

Regardless of where we finish I'm proud of the team first season back in the CL and going out in the QF against Bayern is not the end of the world.

Being in a title race in late April is very encouraging, this time last year we pretty much lost all ground to city and in days past we would be out of title races by Feb.

We need 1-2 more xG cheaters like Trossard, guys that can create something out of nothing.

The matches against Villa didn't help but for me the most infuriating one was the 2-2 draw vs Fulham at home.

LookingForEric

Patronize me again and I'll destroy you 😖

We’re going to be in with a shot for the title going into the final week. That’s all you can ask for, huge amount of pressure on City and Liverpool now.

This is where I wanted us to be, albeit with 3 extra points going into these final 4 games.

berric

Established Member

Player:Trossard
Really good season whatever happens until the end.

We could've stayed more in cups and Arteta could've managed some minutes better / played fringe players and youngsters more but we're in a great position coming into the last 3-4 games of the season. Can't remember when that was the case last time.

LookingForEric

Patronize me again and I'll destroy you 😖

Really good season whatever happens until the end.

We could've stayed more in cups and Arteta could've managed some minutes better / played fringe players and youngsters more but we're in a great position coming into the last 3-4 games of the season. Can't remember when that was the case last time.

This time last season we had 78 points, 81 scored and 39 conceded.

77, 82 and 26 as of right now. City were two points ahead at this stage last season, the one thing in our favour now is the fixture list.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I need to rewatch Arsenal Chelsea, and see how we handled Chelsea's build up with our pressing. It looked much better tonight, they could not get the ball into midfield.

We kind of let them attack because we knew guys like Mudryk and Madueke would just give us the ball back.

Will be interesting to see how we set up against Sp**s.

avenellroad

John Radford’s son
Felt we were much more open yesterday and they had a decent xG. Not sure against Sp**s we’d get away with it.

Wasn’t most of their xG the Jackson chance in the second half where it was harder to miss than score. Came from our defensive mistakes ofcourse.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Not even focusing on the Brighton game for City as I doubt they’ll drop points there. It’s more so the Forest (A) game for them on the weekend but we need to do the business in the NLD before that.

There will be massive spotlight on the referee and whoever is on VAR in that Forest game, so it won’t be easy for Pep at all.

Rain Dance

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

We failed to finish chances, and got punished for it. That's all there is to it.

Yes, but the second Villa loss was in the second half of the season when we were in better shape.
They also hit the post twice before scoring, I just gotta admit Emery got us.

Sapient Hawk

Destiny's Hand 🖐🏿
Trusted ⭐

Been the best all-round team this season, if we don't win the league this year I think I will just get a voluntary lobotomy to be honest.

Can't do this anymore!

- Arsenal win the title after 2 decades from the last one.

- Pep is left fuming & crying into his sneakers.

- @Riou getting a voluntary lobotomisation to spare us from additional "Goodbye AM" threads.

the-office-win-win (1).gif

Ljonin

Not even focusing on the Brighton game for City as I doubt they’ll drop points there. It’s more so the Forest (A) game for them on the weekend but we need to do the business in the NLD before that.

There will be massive spotlight on the referee and whoever is on VAR in that Forest game, so it won’t be easy for Pep at all.

Not sure Nottinghams tantrum about the refs will do them any good tbh, probably counter productive

Sapient Hawk

Destiny's Hand 🖐🏿
Trusted ⭐

Today win will give us good confidence boost against Sp**s not only that but we didn't spend much energy

Only Sp**s and Manutd to overcome now and then wait if city or Liverpool drop points. back to back seasons we finishing with 80+ points in other leagues that enough win you title

If Liverpool drop points at Goodison today, they're out.

Arsenal Quotes

It is well known the referees are protected very well like the lions in the zoo so we have to live with their decisions

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom