• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Win Premier League: Arsenal 1 - 0 Norwich City | Saturday, 11th September | KO: 15:00 BST | Stream

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't even know if I want us to win or not. Both teams are in poor form, but I'm sure Norwich fancies this. This might kickstart their season. Historically, we always have the upper hand against them, but struggling to see how we beat them seeing the way we play.

The stats makes for grim reading

Screenshot-20210905-120307.png

Screenshot-20210905-120327.png

We do seem to have a decent record against them tbf

Screenshot-20210905-120244.png

This match always come to mind when I think about Norwich. Orgasmic football!

A bit of nostalgia for my boy @Riou

Predicted Lineup

Attachments

• 1861963_Arsenal.jpg
    1861963_Arsenal.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 29

Alkesh

Thought the defense in general looked good through most of the game, though they switched off at the end a bit. Tomiyasu had a good debut, liked what I saw there, and the White-Gabriel partnership looked decent for just starting out. Tierney was average, crosses were a bit wayward today.

Lokonga and Ødegaard looked great I felt. I definitely want to see Lokonga next to Partey. This was a game for AMN to stake a claim to a spot in the midfield, but he looked downright awful there today I felt. Lethargic, loose in possession, and with several terrible passes. ESR solid when he came on, added a spark.

Saka was the same as usual. Active, adventurous, but lacking in impact I think. Created one or two chances, but his lack of an end product is concerning given his role. Auba got in decent positions for much of the game, but wasn't good enough finishing today (recent trend he needs to reverse). Pepe, as mentioned elsewhere, had one or two good chances interspersed between mostly terrible play.

We really need to make some radical changes to our front line, because it just isn't working atm. Defense looked solid, midfield (in the 2nd half mostly with ESR + Partey) did their bit, but the attack just isn't clicking at all. New blood like Martinelli or Balogun, more Lacazette over Auba, and just generally we need to start making some big changes there I think.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
All jokes aside, this team would have been ****ting themselves and very low on confidence. Add to that the players coming back and new arrivals starting, and this was a recipe for disaster. It was all about getting 3 points and easing that pressure. We're back to full strength now with a win under our belt so lets see what happens.
Are you sure you’re the same lad. A room full of men in white coats had to hold you down to wipe the froth from your face after coming second in the league. And now you’re seeing positives in finally scrapping for one goal to lift us off the bottom of the table. LMAO 😂😂😂

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

I agree that this was not that inspiring of a performance and im not exactly optimistic about his tactics but he cannot be blamed for the bad misses….it should’ve been 4 nil let’s be honest…someone in the attack needs to say **** you im scoring..I like the flicks and creative passes but who’s gonna be the guy to say I’m not going to be denied I’m burying this…I think smith Rowe knows he needs to try and fill that role but he’s gotta be better in that regard
Both Ødegaard and ESR need to take more responsibility in this area.

berric

Established Member

Player:Trossard
Felt we were much better after the goal but the inexperience and lack of decision making in the front line is obvious. Final pass lacking and finishing was so off.

Rams and Tomi had sturdy debuts.

Next game Burnely away I feel will be another scrap. We are so unconvincing upfront I have no idea how we win that.

Liam_Og

ESR did fine? Should have scored. Did you watch the game? Ødegaard was much more liability.

Some people are never happy, when we had MÖ everyone cried that he disappeared and offered nothing defensively when the team were under the kosh.

MØ wasn’t at his best today, but created a clear cut chance with a crafted pass that Auba should have scored (in the end he was offside) but whats more telling, is the amount of closing and tracking back martin did, he was on the edge of our 18 yard box when needed as much as he was theirs. I’d love to see the stat, but i’d have a fiver that its between him and Tierney for most ground covered today.

It was exactly the type of performance that we’ve missed from our 10’s - offering something defensively when they are ineffectual offensively.

ESR should have scored. Finishing needs working on with all the front 4, but for the 20 min Cameo he got, he made a difference.

MLK79

Elite Drama Queen
This was OK. We still look a mess in the final 3rd despite the umpteen shots we were able to muster. But we won and we didn't look bad, so kudos!
Need to work on that finishing. That's where we are at the moment. A lot of negativity on the forum but then again, when have Arsenal fans not been negative.

Take the win and build from there, work on the finishing, some of these players haven't even properly trained together so there's work to be done and improvements to be made.

All of the Crown Jewels need to do better in terms of output (saka, esr, ode). Not to pin it all on them but if they aren’t scoring or assisting we won’t score much which is fine if we keep winning 1-0 in my book. I’m happy we got 3 points I don’t think much else is needed to say. If you watched the game you knew it could’ve/ahouldve been 4 for the arsenal but the onus is on the attackers to score more

NieThePiet

Loves Overhyping Our Rivals
Don't be bluffed about chances and shots.

We haven't had a clear chance until we scored a goal full of fortune.
Of course Norwich had to play more offensive after that and we would get massive rooms to create chances.

We were the same planless team like in the majority of games under Arteta.

Alkesh

Need to work on that finishing. That's where we are at the moment. A lot of negativity on the forum but then again, when have Arsenal fans not been negative.

Take the win and build from there, work on the finishing, some of these players haven't even properly trained together so there's work to be done and improvements to be made.

Ironically I think Tomiyasu probably had the "best" shot all game (in terms of finishing technique). I was sad it didn't creep in.

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
Don't be bluffed about chances and shots.

We haven't had a clear chance until we scored a goal full of fortune.
Of course Norwich had to play more offensive after that and we would get massive rooms to create chances.

We were the same planless team like in the majority of games under Arteta.
We'll struggle to create a single chance again against Burnley and people will be scratching their head wondering what's wrong

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Arsenal have always been the club of the people, the streets. Arsenal was one of the first clubs to really have black players, so it did represent the mass of the UK and how London is. I hope people at the club know that and who are they playing for.

Thierry Henry

Latest posts

Top Bottom