• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Loss Premier League: Aston Villa 1 - 0 Arsenal | Saturday 9th December | KO: 17:30 GMT | Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.

1_GettyImages-1255241436-1.jpg

Screenshot-20231206-115538.png

Screenshot-20231206-115556.png

Screenshot-20231206-115616.png

Screenshot-20231206-115647.png

Screenshot-20231206-115705.png

Screenshot-20231206-115754.png

Screenshot-20231206-115813.png

Screenshot-20231206-115831.png

c7184912-f66c-4fb5-bc7c-7fb0bc8c6f23.png

Prediction

Villa 0-1 Arsenal

Ljonin

n
We can and should complain plenty. Suspending Arteta for celebrating less than many other managers and then putting Gillet up for this game and the subsequent decision making was a clear **** you from the PGMOL. Clear pen on Jesus. 2 other decent pen shouts. Disallowed the goal but ignored Cash multiple handballs as well. Cash not even spoken to for trying to maim Trossard, which totally took the Belgian out of the game. Eddie gets elbowed in the head of the ball. Saka and Martinelli having the **** kicked out of them time and time again.

Its a bloody farce.

Yes, ultimately, better finishing would have won us the game regardless, but just like Newcastle, this was a game decided by the officials.

Jesus penalty shout could really go either way having seen how inconsistent the refereeing has been this season. Not at all a given. Cash handball looked like it was after the ball hit Havertz hand.

Liverpool got done by the refs at Sp**s way worse btw. These things happen but if we want to win the title, we need to stop complaining about the refs ( putting ourselves in an even worse spot within PGMOL in the process) and focus on how do we improve our defending, how do we create more and how do we make our main striker score goals.

Artetas Arsenal are yet to pick up an impressive away win to a top club. Tell me why should I fancy our chances at Anfield?

GoonerJay24

No bro. You arent making sense here.

We CONTROLLED the game today, completely from the 7th minute. Villa were reduced to the away side on their own ground. That's how dominant we were today.

As for Wenger, I dont think we need to make the comparsion as its not a competition between Arteta and Wenger.

The problem for us today was not finishing our chances. We should have won this game 3-1 if not more.

We could have offered more in all phases, but yes, the attack let us down overall.

I actually thought Havertz played well, but he's not a £67m player. Rice is good but doesn't influence games enough. Even Redknapp just said on Sky that our midfield balance is off. If you can't see this, then I don't know.

I hate comparing, but we're spending more and haven't improved that much, in my opinion.

Anyway, let's get behind the players and coach for the upcoming games!

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
I don't think we should be worried but we need to be better than tonight. Pure sloppiness.
I wanted us to get result today because i know the max we'll get from Anfield is point. The sloppiness will never leave us but today more about we didn't score from 5 attempt on target we had and the one chance Ødegaard put it wide. Overall performance was good but to win something you have to be clinical

Sapient Hawk

Destiny's Hand 🖐🏿
Trusted ⭐

Liverpool don't control away games these days at all. If Allison wasn't playing today they wouldn't of beat 10 man Palace, that says everything about them.
However they're really good at Anfield, but if we get it right we can nulify them. Biggest issue with us again will be Zinchenko getting subliminally activated to carry out his 5th column instructions.

Post looks much better now.

King87

Kai's having the time of my life

People acting like Liverpool are unstoppable now? They were getting outplayed by Palace today until Palace went down to 10, even then they struggled.
My only concern at Anfield will be Zinchenko trying to deal with Salah. Thats it.
You should be more worried about the refs

Ljonin

We really should stop feeling sorry for ourselves and cut out the nonsense. I’ve seen it for 15 years now. So sickening.

Every top team get decisions against them anyway, just look at some of the decisions this season.

We have clear weaknesses in our squad. Until we address those properly, we won’t win this league

TriniGunner

Leceister City won the league by being clinical in front of goal. You need to be ruthless in front of goal no matter how badly you're playing. One chance is all it takes to turn the momentum towards you during a game where you're not playing well. A top striker who knows how to score would solve this. Ivan Toney fits the bill.

Sebastes

Statbomb Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Is it only me or are a lot of our attackers just rolling around on the ground way more than they have to? Saka, Nelli, Jesus all on fraud watch in that regard. ****ing just stand up will you? I know they're getting kicked, but it's starting to get ridiculous.

In no way were we robbed. We did enough to win this, only have ourselves to blame really. Weak goal, weak finishing and weak overall performance. One of those days I guess

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
We could have offered more in all phases, but yes, the attack let us down overall.

I actually thought Havertz played well, but he's not a £67m player. Rice is good but doesn't influence games enough. Even Redknapp just said on Sky that our midfield balance is off. If you can't see this, then I don't know.

I hate comparing, but we're spending more and haven't improved that much, in my opinion.

Anyway, let's get behind the players and coach for the upcoming games!

Why are you making this a spending argument? Are we speaking the football game here, or do you want to make it an accounting exercise where we take expenditure over 25 years into account?

The point should not be what Wenger spent vs what Arteta spent. That's immaterial.

The point is what happened today, and how our players were able to create the openings to win the game. The facts will show you that we did create countless openings to score goals, which on another day we convert to win the game.

City lost against Villa as well, and were actually dominated too. Do you also want to do an analysis on Pep's spending in relation to Sven Goran Eriksen?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

When Patrick Vieira came over from AC Milan, he didn’t know a word of English. We gave him accommodation, phone, car and an English teacher. I talked to Patrick in fluent French and before a game I asked in French, can you speak a bit of English to me? Patrick nodded and replied: Tottenham are shit!

David Dein

Daily Transfer Updates

Friday, May 31

Arsenal are interested in Benfica CB Antonio Silva, but will have to trigger his £85m release clause to sign the 20 year old [Correio de Manha]

Youngster Charles Sagoe Jr is set for a loan spell at League One side Charlton Athletic [Online Gooner]

Arsenal have moved on to targeting Benfica midfielder Joao Neves after Martin Zubamendi indicated a preference to remain in La Liga [Teamtalk]

Liverpool, Arsenal and Bayern Munich have all made an approach to PSV forward Johan Bakayoko [Hbvl]

Latest posts

Top Bottom