• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Draw Premier League: Liverpool 1 - 1 Arsenal | Saturday 23rd December | KO: 17:30 GMT | Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.

0_Liverpool-Arsenal.png

Screenshot-20231219-092754.png

Screenshot-20231219-092809.png

Screenshot-20231219-092831.png

Screenshot-20231219-092913.png

Screenshot-20231219-093004.png

Screenshot-20231219-092930.png

Screenshot-20231219-093024.png

lineup.png

Prediction

Liverpool 1-1 Arsenal

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Yes bruv. Truly the games gone soft, hell the worlds gone soft. But so many major incidents yesterday could be traced back to a slip, I’ve never seen anything like it in all my years (of which there are many)

"Physically slipping is a sign of a fragile mentality"

Andrew 'Riou' Tate, 2023

IrishGooner93

We also got away with that penalty. If that was the other way around and went liverpools way all the tinfoil hat ***** in here would be complaining about pgmol conspiracy against arsenal as usual

Sebastes

Statbomb Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Arteta was too happy for my liking. It was like we'd won the match.
Context though. Anfield is probably the toughest place to play in the league, they should’ve gad a penalty and it was pretty much luck TAA didn’t score as the ball jumped up just a little bit more on that last bounce.

I’m far from a fan of his but some slack is due here

As per lots of comments, Martinelli slipped just before talking the shot, unless Arshavin had a habit of always carrying the right studs.

But our attack could certainly have been better on the day.
'just before' taking the shot is right, but he did have a touch after he slipped to steady himself..it was not like his standing foot slipped. I can definitely see how a slip could unsettle him, but when he has time to steady himself, he has to do better.

arshavin would have scored a couple there even without his boots. :lol:

Heavy Duty Rom

Outdated Tweets Merchant
Context though. Anfield is probably the toughest place to play in the league, they should’ve gad a penalty and it was pretty much luck TAA didn’t score as the ball jumped up just a little bit more on that last bounce.

Yeah i get that, but, some context, they have a midfield of Endo Szob Jones, we shouldn't be overly happy with a point, not if we are heading in the direction most think we are.

Sebastes

Statbomb Merchant
Trusted ⭐

TLDR: Very good performance which could have been excellent if we took our chances.
Also next to zero luck involved. If you want to push luck then the Trent crossbar moment is it.

Got a chance to catch the game, some thoughts.

In the first half we scored early and that made us take our defensive positioning up very early. This is what Liverpool are designed to attack and break down, with their intensity and combinations in the middle to create direct play. Despite the goal coming from a long ball to Salah from TAA in the end.

Second half, after that first 10 minutes where Liverpool were pushing for the win and the crowd + Klopp were in dreamland, we took over the game and reduced Liverpool to chasing shadows and jumping on our mistakes. Their best moment in the second half (and the game) was the Trent shot that hit the crossbar, which again came from our mistake. Our finishing really let us down as we created some good openings, particular our tactic of crossing the ball in the six yard and then attacking the far post. Some good moments squandered there.

All in all, fair result. We were by no means lucky here. I'd sum it up by saying Liverpool mostly had the first half and we almost completely had the second half.

Some players that come to mind.

Saliba - imperious. His ability to sprint back and disrupt that counter attack moment was also magnificent to watch.

Rice - de facto captain. His ability to not only keep calm, but also keep the likes of Salah quiet in the middle was superb.

Ødegaard - Needs to continue to drop into our second phase to influence the game, even when we bring in another ball progressor at 8. His impact goes up a lot when he can look up, in addition to being in the box.

Martinelli - Off it, had a great moment to attack the far post when Jesus used his chest to control the ball in their box, and put in that cross six yard box cross. Trossard in that position scores or at least gets a shot away with his left.

Subs - they were ok, were brought on for energy levels and in Eddie's case chasing the late goal in transition.
On the luck stuff; it was a clear as day penalty on Øde. So if you count Trent’s miss as luck then you definitely have to include that as well. But it’s more swings and roundabouts imo.

I think it was a game of defences. Both teams were really good defensively which in turn made both teams struggle with chance creation.

I think it was a really good game and fair result.

Sebastes

Statbomb Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Yeah i get that, but, some context, they have a midfield of Endo Szob Jones, we shouldn't be overly happy with a point, not if we are heading in the direction most think we are.
No, I agree in principle. It was more about how the game turned out in the end. I don’t think he’ll be as happy as they sit down and analyze it.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
'just before' taking the shot is right, but he did have a touch after he slipped to steady himself..it was not like his standing foot slipped. I can definitely see how a slip could unsettle him, but when he has time to steady himself, he has to do better.

arshavin would have scored a couple there even without his boots. :lol:

Agreed. Arshavin was capable of ANYTHING

coleio

This is Holdingesque defending. There was no smart play here, just an Arteta xmas miracle with the ball bouncing a bit before TAA shot.

That's not to diss Rice either, it's a 4v1, nothing was expected of him to save that.

There is no bounce before the shot but we all knew that was the case. Difference is we don't pretend to support Arsenal.

littleboysilva

People are understating it. Even with Man City's total dominance for the better part of a decade they haven't won at anfield once. In fact they haven't won there since 2003. A draw is a good result.

Sebastes

Statbomb Merchant
Trusted ⭐

There is no bounce before the shot but we all knew that was the case. Difference is we don't pretend to support Arsenal.
I’d say there definitely is a bounce, not that easy to spot though as the ball is bouncing all the way from leaving Salah’s foot. But if you watch closely you can see the how the last bounce is a tiny bit off. Having played football myself I’d say it’s enough for Trent to miss, but it’s really fine margins.

It was good defending by Rice all the way, but it’s not like he saved us there. It was more chance and bad execution from Salah when passing

Sebastes

Statbomb Merchant
Trusted ⭐

People are understating it. Even with Man City's total dominance for the better part of a decade they haven't won at anfield once. In fact they haven't won there since 2003. A draw is a good result.
I’d say beforehand I was okay with a draw, but not happy with it. Looking at the performances of each team up until this game we definitely should have been favourites. Their defence stepped up massively this game though compared to the times I’ve seen them this season.

But the way the game u folded a draw was probably a good result and we should be more happy than Pool with it

Sebastes

Statbomb Merchant
Trusted ⭐

I’d say there definitely is a bounce, not that easy to spot though as the ball is bouncing all the way from leaving Salah’s foot. But if you watch closely you can see the how the last bounce is a tiny bit off. Having played football myself I’d say it’s enough for Trent to miss, but it’s really fine margins.

It was good defending by Rice all the way, but it’s not like he saved us there. It was more chance and bad execution from Salah when passing
@coleio I can’t help you can’t see it, or aren’t experienced enough playing football to recognize the difference, but it’s there.

Then ofc whether it should be enough to miss or not is another thing. I say it is, but you could claim bad execution from TAA as well I guess. But you can never say Rice saved us.

frankgm

They over watered the pitch. Stopping our flowing passes. Klopps plan b was to play long ball.
*The over watered pitch has cost them two
injuries.
This would make sense Liverpool fans, klopp calling it hand ball and a penalty. It was an accident, he slipped. End of.
*That's what you call schadenfreude.

coleio

@coleio I can’t help you can’t see it, or aren’t experienced enough playing football to recognize the difference, but it’s there.

Then ofc whether it should be enough to miss or not is another thing. I say it is, but you could claim bad execution from TAA as well I guess. But you can never say Rice saved us.

It was a bad shot mate. Please don't LARP the experienced footballer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

If you love football, you love Tomáš Rosický

Arsène Wenger

Daily Transfer Updates

Friday, May 17

Cedric and Mohamed Elneny will leave the clubs when their contracts expire this summer [Fabrizio Romano]

Newcastle have joined Arsenal and Liverpool in the race to sign Barcelona winger Raphinha [TBR Football]

Arsenal are keen on Benfica’s 21 year old striker Marcos Leonardo [TBR Football]

Aaron Ramsdale has agreed to join Newcastle this summer [Sky Sports News]

Latest posts

Top Bottom