• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Sambi Lokonga: Sam Be the Man in Midfield?

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
He’s been fine. Some dodgy moments but overall he’s okay and I’m pleased we signed him. In fact, it kinda shows just how overrated Xhaka’s importance to the first team is. Sambi is doing nothing extraordinary but he keeps things ticking and is good under pressure.

Farzad Stoned

Self-appointed Deprogrammer for the Cult of Mik 🟥

Player:Havertz
He’s been fine. Some dodgy moments but overall he’s okay and I’m pleased we signed him. In fact, it kinda shows just how overrated Xhaka’s importance to the first team is. Sambi is doing nothing extraordinary but he keeps things ticking and is good under pressure.
All of my memories of Xhaka outside a couple long range blasts is of him being red carded. I don’t know how people rate him. Sambi is more difficult to press and when he loses the ball he has the desire and pace to get back and break up the counter without going to ground and putting us at risk

Farzad Stoned

I like Sambi, I’d like a ham sandwich in midfield before Xhaka, but he does have a certain ease and comfort on the ball, and for a skinny midfielder he mixes it up nicely. He has to develop a bit of the end product. There are a lot of players who look really nice on the ball and are really fast but are useless to the side because they can neither shoot or pass, Iwobi comes to mind. He doesn’t need to chip in a lot going forward but he has to pitch in and at least create a lot of key passes and assists. He doesn’t strike me as a player who lacks end product but it is always a danger.

Henry boi

I like Sambi, I’d like a ham sandwich in midfield before Xhaka, but he does have a certain ease and comfort on the ball, and for a skinny midfielder he mixes it up nicely. He has to develop a bit of the end product. There are a lot of players who look really nice on the ball and are really fast but are useless to the side because they can neither shoot or pass, Iwobi comes to mind. He doesn’t need to chip in a lot going forward but he has to pitch in and at least create a lot of key passes and assists. He doesn’t strike me as a player who lacks end product but it is always a danger.
What do busquets, frenkie de jong fabinho etc stats look like

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
You can't have three midfielders who don't score or create but you can just about get away with two if they are good enough. I get your point though.

Farzad Stoned

What do busquets, frenkie de jong fabinho etc stats look like
I didn’t say he needed goals or even assists we need him to fulfill his distribution duties with some forward thinking in a midfield that struggles to create chances. I bet both those guys you named get a ton of hockey assists also Busquets plays deeper. If he produces the assists and key passes of Frankie I’ll be happy

Farzad Stoned

You can't have three midfielders who don't score or create but you can just about get away with two if they are good enough. I get your point though.
I actually think you need all three to both pick a pass and put in a challenge people hate Mo because he passes sideways only or backwards. Modern midfielder has to be a jack of all trades to an extent especially when you don’t have traditional number 10s anymore you can’t afford two pure water carriers anymore or your teams play like Jose’s teams

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
Nice.

A side sidenote, I'd hope people start calling him Sambi like Kompany does here, (or Albert) like he wished in his interview.

He doesn't want to be called Lokonga, but almost everyone still does it.
Sambi feels to informal, I don't know him like that.

samspade

"You said I said" detection expert at your service
I think he has the end product in his locker personally, I don’t know how it’s escaped people’s notice and I wish I had a video to back me up but he’s put people through or into very advantageous positions quite a few times this season. He put Laca through with a beautiful, deft pass in the opening minutes against Watford but the fans and commentary totally ignored it.

I believe his line splitting passing skills will further reveal them selves in time as he has a feal for the press, he can read people’s body weight and find unexpected options as a result. The skills that allow him to elude challenges are closely related to the ones that will eventually show them selves in his passing. I think he’s a better a player than Arsenal fans realise.

Arsenal Quotes

Arsenal is in my blood as well as my heart. I will always, always, always remember you guys. I said I was going to be a Gooner for life and I did not lie because when you are a Gooner, you will always be a Gooner. This club is in my heart and will remain in my heart forever.

Thierry Henry

Latest posts

Top Bottom