• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Wish List

Kuroske

If we sign a permanent starting LW then Olise becomes an option for the other side. Because he can cover for Saka + Ødegaard as a master of that right half space.

Would mean we don’t sign a CF though, if we sign a LW and Olise. Anyway it’s a less likely scenario as you could argue it’s overkill (doesn’t stop city though does it?).

Is Frimpong not a better option? He can cover RB and RW. I do think Frimpong is an upgrade on RB.

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
Adam Wharton. Not getting the applaudits he deserves outside of Palace fans. Quality player that really should be make the England squad if we didn't have such an inept manager.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Theo Hernandez £70m
Bruno £80m
Williams £42m
Keeper £10m
Raya £28m

£230m spent

Reiss £10m
Eddie £20m
Ramsdale £25m
Tierney £10m
Partey £10m
Vieira £15m
Zinchenko £15m

£105m spent

£125m net

GK: Raya, new GK
RB: White, Timber
RCB: Saliba, Timber, White
LCB: Gabriel, Kiwior
LB: Theo Hernandez, Tomiyasu, Kiwior
DM: Bruno, Rice, Jorginho
LCM: Rice, Bruno, ESR
RAM: Ødegaard, ESR
RW: Saka, Williams, Jesus
CF: Havertz, Trossard, Jesus
LW: Martinelli, Williams, Trossard

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Adam Wharton. Not getting the applaudits he deserves outside of Palace fans. Quality player that really should be make the England squad if we didn't have such an inept manager.

He looks impressive but I think they’ll ask for a mega fee for him and with such a small sample size it could be slightly risky.

Wouldn’t mind Matt O’Riley from Celtic as a depth option or to replace ESR’s role. Pretty sure he was linked to Inter a a few months ago but he’s done well this season getting 32 G/A in all comps:

StefanB

For meg it's clear that we need to reinforce more than a couple of positions. From starting positions to backups: In my view we need a new striker, winger, midfielder, centreback, goalkeeper and potentially a left back if Zinchenko leaves.

When it comes to a striker I want someone who can play as a lone striker, but who doesn't necessarily have the same linkup play as Havertz, but excels in runs in behind the defense and getting into scoring chances. I'd love a Viktor Gyokeres type of player - someone who just desperately wants to score goals. Sesko and Zirkzee are good options aswell, but I'd rather have the swede as again: We know he can handle the physicality of playing in England, but then again not in the Premiership, but the Championship. I do believe he would excel in this team though. Dream signing would probably be Osimhen who is available, but who would be a risky signing and insanely expensive.

As for wingers there's only really one player I want, and thats Nico Williams. Great technical ability, great pace and speed, works hard and seems to have his head in the right place. The only issue is that there's a lot of clubs after him, and we don't even know if he wants to leave Athletic Bilbao. Currently he's playing with his brother and playing really well, while only still being 21 years old. With us he wouldn't be a guaranteed starter, but he would be competing for both the left and right wing. Pedro Neto would be a good shout if he wasn't so damn injuryprone. The dream would be Rodrygo, but: Probably not a chance of it happening even though Mbappe is coming. Another player who could be a possbility would be Olise.

When it comes to midfielders the dream is Frankie de Jong, but that's not happening. Bruno Guimaraes is probably the best fit for us if he's available. He's been outstanding for Newcastle and would slot right in as he knows the league, and we know that he was wanted by the club before he went to Newcastle. Another option is Zubimendi, but unlike Bruno he isn't as physical and would be a far riskier signing as we don't know how well he would adapt to the league.

As for a new centreback: I know Diomande from Sporting has been linked to us quite a lot, but he would be insanely expensive to be a backup. I'd rather want an experienced head alongside Kiwior, Gabriel og Saliba if we have to rotate. In theory we should have enough players with Timber being able to play RB, Zinchenko LB and White at CB, but as Tomiyasu is quite injury prone that would be a gamble I don't really want us to take if we're gonna compete for the league, champions league and FA cup. Lewis Dunk would be an amazing signing in that regards. Thiago Silva could also be a decent stopgap.

When it comes to a new backup goalkeeper and a left back I'm not really sure about the former. I'd want someone with experience, but with the ability to at least play a bit like Raya, so someone you could trust with his feet a bit. I guess Keylor Navas if we could get him cheaply? At left back I think Zinchenko is still a class player and that people are extremely harsh on him. We also have Timber, Tomiyasu and Kiwior. If we're getting someone I would want it to be a young attacking talent like Jorrel Hato, but in my mind this would only be if Zinchenko was sold. I'd rather keep him atleast another season.

In: Gyokeres, Williams, Bruno Guimaraes, Dunk, Keylor Navas

Out: Nketiah, Nelson, Marquinhos, Smith Rowe, Lokonga, Elneny, Tavares, Tierney, Ramsdale

1st 11:

Raya
White - Saliba - Gabriel - Timber
Ødegaard - Bruno - Rice
Saka - Gyokeres - Williams

2nd 11:

Navas
Tomiyasu - Dunk - Kiwior - Zinchenko
Vieira - Jorginho - Partey
Jesus - Trossard - Martinelli
Havertz

LookingForEric

Patronize me again and I'll destroy you 😖

I’ve decided on my perfect summer wish list for transfers in, think the outs kind of speak for themselves.

Frenkie De Jong - £70M. My number one midfield target and it’s been that way for a while, loved him for a LONG time. Just about to turn 27, which seems to be the age bracket of midfielder we are wanting to sign. Could last a lot longer than most due to his skill set.

Isak - £100M. I think he speaks for himself, his fitness has been much better this year now he’s settled in the premier league. He’s by far the best option we can get and easily the best value for money in this meh striker market.

LCB/LB - I think this is the last position we are wanting to upgrade and we’ve been linked with Pacho of Frankfurt who I haven’t seen too much of. Price seems to be around £40M.

If we get either FDJ or Isak I’ll be ecstatic, really not expecting both to happen.

Nunowoolmez

Established Member
For meg it's clear that we need to reinforce more than a couple of positions. From starting positions to backups: In my view we need a new striker, winger, midfielder, centreback, goalkeeper and potentially a left back if Zinchenko leaves.

When it comes to a striker I want someone who can play as a lone striker, but who doesn't necessarily have the same linkup play as Havertz, but excels in runs in behind the defense and getting into scoring chances. I'd love a Viktor Gyokeres type of player - someone who just desperately wants to score goals. Sesko and Zirkzee are good options aswell, but I'd rather have the swede as again: We know he can handle the physicality of playing in England, but then again not in the Premiership, but the Championship. I do believe he would excel in this team though. Dream signing would probably be Osimhen who is available, but who would be a risky signing and insanely expensive.

As for wingers there's only really one player I want, and thats Nico Williams. Great technical ability, great pace and speed, works hard and seems to have his head in the right place. The only issue is that there's a lot of clubs after him, and we don't even know if he wants to leave Athletic Bilbao. Currently he's playing with his brother and playing really well, while only still being 21 years old. With us he wouldn't be a guaranteed starter, but he would be competing for both the left and right wing. Pedro Neto would be a good shout if he wasn't so damn injuryprone. The dream would be Rodrygo, but: Probably not a chance of it happening even though Mbappe is coming. Another player who could be a possbility would be Olise.

When it comes to midfielders the dream is Frankie de Jong, but that's not happening. Bruno Guimaraes is probably the best fit for us if he's available. He's been outstanding for Newcastle and would slot right in as he knows the league, and we know that he was wanted by the club before he went to Newcastle. Another option is Zubimendi, but unlike Bruno he isn't as physical and would be a far riskier signing as we don't know how well he would adapt to the league.

As for a new centreback: I know Diomande from Sporting has been linked to us quite a lot, but he would be insanely expensive to be a backup. I'd rather want an experienced head alongside Kiwior, Gabriel og Saliba if we have to rotate. In theory we should have enough players with Timber being able to play RB, Zinchenko LB and White at CB, but as Tomiyasu is quite injury prone that would be a gamble I don't really want us to take if we're gonna compete for the league, champions league and FA cup. Lewis Dunk would be an amazing signing in that regards. Thiago Silva could also be a decent stopgap.

When it comes to a new backup goalkeeper and a left back I'm not really sure about the former. I'd want someone with experience, but with the ability to at least play a bit like Raya, so someone you could trust with his feet a bit. I guess Keylor Navas if we could get him cheaply? At left back I think Zinchenko is still a class player and that people are extremely harsh on him. We also have Timber, Tomiyasu and Kiwior. If we're getting someone I would want it to be a young attacking talent like Jorrel Hato, but in my mind this would only be if Zinchenko was sold. I'd rather keep him atleast another season.

In: Gyokeres, Williams, Bruno Guimaraes, Dunk, Keylor Navas

Out: Nketiah, Nelson, Marquinhos, Smith Rowe, Lokonga, Elneny, Tavares, Tierney, Ramsdale

1st 11:

Raya
White - Saliba - Gabriel - Timber
Ødegaard - Bruno - Rice
Saka - Gyokeres - Williams

2nd 11:

Navas
Tomiyasu - Dunk - Kiwior - Zinchenko
Vieira - Jorginho - Partey
Jesus - Trossard - Martinelli
Havertz
Wow.....looks like our 2nd team has a cheat code ! 12 players !!!!

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

Seriously at CM, we can go Bruno, Zubimendo or De jong, LW as cover we can go Nico Williams covering Martinelli & Trossard, RW we can sign Olise from CP, he can also cover for Ødegaard. CF or striker, Isak, Gyorekes or Osimhen. Zirkzee is another guy in contention but imo he's not good enough.

ragnarock

I’ve set my mind on two things that has been caused me some confusion:

1) I think Rice should primarily play as an 8 next season; which would mean getting a playmaker 6.
2) Signing a left forward would mean having Trossard, Martinelli + new obvious upgrade sharing one position (and the argument for Trossard being versatile doesn’t quite hold up for me, if he wants to start games that’s not the role you want in a squad).
Alas I don’t think we’ll sign a left winger.

(3) I don’t think we’ll sign a striker either.
Top class 6 and then replace eventual departures and that’s it.

Impact

Established Member
I’ve decided on my perfect summer wish list for transfers in, think the outs kind of speak for themselves.

Frenkie De Jong - £70M. My number one midfield target and it’s been that way for a while, loved him for a LONG time. Just about to turn 27, which seems to be the age bracket of midfielder we are wanting to sign. Could last a lot longer than most due to his skill set.

Isak - £100M. I think he speaks for himself, his fitness has been much better this year now he’s settled in the premier league. He’s by far the best option we can get and easily the best value for money in this meh striker market.

LCB/LB - I think this is the last position we are wanting to upgrade and we’ve been linked with Pacho of Frankfurt who I haven’t seen too much of. Price seems to be around £40M.

If we get either FDJ or Isak I’ll be ecstatic, really not expecting both to happen.

+ a GK to replace the outgoing Ramsdale and this is the perfect summer, IMO.

Impact

Established Member
I think we will give Smith Rowe another season but if he fails to push on and we are looking to replace him next summer, I like Adam Wharton at Palace. Reminscent of Nemanja Matic. Think he would be a great deputy for Declan Rice in that left 8 role (assuming that is where Mikel sees Rice in the short to medium term). Given CP paid a fee that could rise to £22m, I reckon we'd need to pay the better part of £50 million to prize him away.

UpTheGunnerz

Vrei sa pleci dar una una iei

Player:Elneny
Kim Källström - Midfielder - Rennes hopefully you can have a look at him during Euro 2004 and not just in CM04 :D

Beckham - ofcourse and I don´t care about the media-hype around him, hey Arsenal is one of the biggest clubs around, if they can´t handle it they don´t belong there! And I certainly don´t care that he´s played for Manure, hey didn´t Sol play for that other team from London? :D

And maybe we can find something from that Division 1 side Leeds United...

Cook

benjamin86

Established Member
El Kroupi might be a good pickup for the future.

LookingForEric

Patronize me again and I'll destroy you 😖

I’d like Simons tbf but still don’t think it’s the right fit and we need a rapid out and out attacker.

Arsenal Quotes

Nobody has enough talent to live on talent alone. Even when you have talent, a life without work goes nowhere

Arsène Wenger

Daily Transfer Updates

Sunday, May 19

RB Leipzig want to offer Benjamin Šeško a new contract to stay for one more year [Fabrizio Romano]

Arsenal are the negotiating table for Fenerbache LB Ferdi Kadıoğlu [Takvim via Sport_Witness]

Latest posts

Top Bottom