• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Thomas Partey: Body Falling Apartey

SteveEvets

That was the first time Rice and Partey have started in midfield together since the Community Shield. Such a shame that we've missed out on that partnership all season. Hopefully he keeps this up the last 4 games, it'll be like a second wind for us just as we were looking a bit dodgy over the last two weeks.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Who is available and can do what Partey does? Are they healthy? If they are available then they will be expensive.
DMs can’t do what Partey does unless they are Jorginho type. But then you lose the physicality. I also don’t get why people assume he is leaving in the summer. Unless Arsenal terminate his contract I doubt he is going anywhere

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Is there anyone with similar skills we can get in the summer?

I wouldn’t mind Lobotka if I’m being completely honest. Could do a similar job to Partey even though Napoli haven’t been great this season, he’s still been one of their best performers.

Last season he was on 🐐 mode and he’s completely press resistant. Issue with him is age but depending on the fee, it could be a smart pick up…Barca are apparently heavily keen too. I doubt De Laurentiis would budge though 😭

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
I wouldn’t mind Lobotka if I’m being completely honest. Could do a similar job to Partey even though Napoli haven’t been great this season, he’s still been one of their best performers.

Last season he was on 🐐 mode and he’s completely press resistant. Issue with him is age but depending on the fee, it could be a smart pick up…Barca are apparently heavily keen too. I doubt De Laurentiis would budge though 😭

Doesn't pass the name test, I'm afraid.

Stanislol bumbotka, etc etc.

GoonerJay24

He is so good. the team just clicks with a creative pivot, there is no other way around it. and no, Rice should not be even developed there, and no, an internal fullback ala Zinny or Tomi is not enough, you still need a creative pivot. period.

such an intriguing character... is he happy? is he sad? is he even bothered? He is such a robot, I saw interviews in Spanish with him, you wonder if someone is even there.

Again, for his position you need 40+ games a season, something he can't deliver.

We still need consistency.

Okay, but Rice isn't an 8 neither; so we'll have to develop him as a 6 otherwise, we wasted £100m

MaraDon

Wants you to learn about football

I watch Napoli week in and out.
Not good enough.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

I watch Napoli week in and out.
Not good enough.

Age and metrics aren’t really on his side but he’s a proper baller on the eye. I’d rather we go for a stop gap until the market becomes favourable than spending big on a Zubimendi for example. I’ve watched him closely and he isn’t the answer long term either. Reeks of basic.

Ideally we end up spending big on an attacking profile in the 8 as we’ve been heavily reliant on Ødegaard this season as a creative outlet. Very risky to do that again.

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer

He's been complete ass this season from the 3-4 games I've seen. Would be a disaster signing at 29 IMO.

if you want someone who can sit deeper and spray passes against a press I'd look at someone like Aleix Garcia from Girona instead, bit of a late bloomer but I've seen this guy control an entire game a handful of times this season.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

He's been complete ass this season from the 3-4 games I've seen. Would be a disaster signing at 29 IMO.

Napoli have generally been trash this season, so it’s a bit hard to tell but from what I’ve seen of them, he’s been one of their better players in their team imo. I guess that’s what happens though when you replace a good manager in Spalletti with an incompetent manager.

Ngl had a feeling they’d drop off tbf after the season they had. It’s hard to keep up those sort of levels without refreshing the team. Last summer showed what De Laurentiis is all about.

Edit: You think City’s feeder club would sell a player to us? 😂 absolutely no chance of that happening.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

You can see how much better the midfield is and how he can play through the lines so much easier with him. You get some of it with Jorginho but with Partey he's so much sharper and far quicker to play that progressive pass. Also his ball retention and carrying is something we've missed.

Also deceptive when it comes to winning the ball back, he doesn't look that quick but nipped in quite a few times yesterday. his presence freed Ødegaard more and also Rice too benefitted.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

A lot of quick one passes. Rice has his qualities. But Rice doesn’t make that one touch pass Partey gave him. Not that it’s difficult. But he takes a touch and go forward before releasing it. Makes big difference in the flow of our game.

Why he wasn’t used vs Bayern or Villa I will never know

Sebastes

Statbomb Merchant
Trusted ⭐

A lot of quick one passes. Rice has his qualities. But Rice doesn’t make that one touch pass Partey gave him. Not that it’s difficult. But he takes a touch and go forward before releasing it. Makes big difference in the flow of our game.

Why he wasn’t used vs Bayern or Villa I will never know
Key for me is the two passes to Saka just after the minute mark. Especially the second. We don’t have anyone else who (dare to) make those and those kind of passes is what set Saka and Øde free in space so many times last season.

Arsenal Quotes

Right from his very first match, when Patrick Vieira was as yet unknown to the English public, he showed just how talented he was. No one disputed his ability, and he gave me the credibility and the hold over the club that I needed to take it in the direction I wanted. He and Emmanuel Petit became a duo that would remain forever etched in the memories of Arsenal fans.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom