• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Thomas Partey: Body Falling Apartey

PrinzPoldi

Player:Havertz
Indeed the last two games Saka has been less doubled/tripled up because the passes are reaching him quicker and the opposition defence has been shuffled up and can't reset. You don't hear Liverpool fans crying 'Salah gets tripled up' every now and then because Liverpool players do what is necessary, quickly feed the ball to him and let him take on his man (if that opposition player is there on his flank in that instance) and deliver in the final 3rd.
Arteta knows, all coaches know, we all know, once you slow it down, you are allowing the defense to get back and prepare.

Maybe just in some games we need to slow it down, and in some games we need to speed it up.

fute

Arteta knows, all coaches know, we all know, once you slow it down, you are allowing the defense to get back and prepare.

Maybe just in some games we need to slow it down, and in some games we need to speed it up.

Arteta also knows Partey, even not a full strength, is essential due to his passing ability.

It helps the forwards, it helps Ødegaard.

Paperino

It’s Timo Time

He has faced Gallagher, Caicedo, Fernandez, Höjbjerg, Bentancur and Maddison. Anyone can look decent against that kind of shìt. I will be incredibly disappointed if we keep this cvnt.

Macho

DJ Machodemiks
Dusted 🔻

Offer him a year contract extension with the option of a second (appearances permitting.)

He’s incredible.

Despite how fascinating a top Partey can be, it's likely to be a dozen games a season at best. We can and should do better even if it's a durable 7/10 player.

Wonder how Arteta sees it all though, he could see it differently from many on here like he often does.

db10_therza

🎵 Edu getting rickrolled 🎵
Trusted ⭐

Player:White
Wonder how Arteta sees it all though, he could see it differently from many on here like he often does.

I’m worried Arteta will see what a lot (if not most) of this forum will see.

He’ll see a few games of Partey strutting his stuff and then his mind will be sucked into an alternate timeline where Partey gives us 30+ games of his finest blend and we win the quintuple.

Then bam 💥 - back to reality. Except this time he has that fkn lightbulb in his hand again.

Contract extension.

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli

The analysis for the Spuds game was quite revealing, it may well be the case that slowing it down is a deliberate tactic since the upsides of generally a big, physical side (and the ability to cross it in more frequently) + much greater ability to keep possession vs breaking quickly is generally an advantage against teams who sit deep, but against a team who plays a high line you can mix it up more (just like Newcastle beat Sp**s)

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
Despite how fascinating a top Partey can be, it's likely to be a dozen games a season at best. We can and should do better even if it's a durable 7/10 player.

I think this is the only season where he’s made less than 20 league appearances for us. I’d love for us to get a like for like replacement but it’s very doubtful they have his quality.

From a completely selfish perspective, the ideal would be for him to retire from international football and commit his summer to improving his fitness and durability. I’m fairly sure Lallana did something similar at Liverpool under Klopp and it paid dividends.

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

AM please :lol:

This guy has played two games for us this season, there is absolutely no world in which we should offer him anything accept a chance to leave.

Jorginho has been far more important in keeping us in a title race.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
I’d love for us to get a like for like replacement but it’s very doubtful they have his quality.
Over the years we've had loads of unique players, just because we would lose one player with unique qualities doesn't mean we wouldn't be able to find someone with different characteristics but still on the same level.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
AM please :lol:

This guy has played two games for us this season, there is absolutely no world in which we should offer him anything accept a chance to leave.

Jorginho has been far more important in keeping us in a title race.
So in the future any player that gets injured we put him straight on the transfer list, makes sense bro

Macho

DJ Machodemiks
Dusted 🔻

Ideally, both Partey and Jorginho would be going. Or at the very least a couple of competent players ahead of them if it's by law that they stay.

db10_therza

🎵 Edu getting rickrolled 🎵
Trusted ⭐

Player:White
Ideally, both Partey and Jorginho would be going. Or at the very least a couple of competent players ahead of them if it's by law that they stay.

I don’t mind keeping Jorginho around for another year to shepherd the squad.

Almost every player that gets interviewed these days and asked who they look up to / learn from the most immediately and instinctively say Jorginho.

Also I can get behind his anti drip crusade.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
Fair play to him, I favoured Jorginho starting but I was happy with how Partey played. Good performance overall.

I just don't want to see Partey in an Arsenal shirt anymore. Hopefully there is a parting of the ways in the summer.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
I think he will be sold if someone offers £20m for him. At the minute I don't see that happening though so it will probably be Jorginho who will go and Partey's role in the squad will be similar to what Jorginho has done.

Dennis_Bergkamp_10

Established Member
If he can stay fit for the last three games and perform in them as well, I'd keep him for sake of having a bigger squad. When he's fit, he's a beast.

I'd still sign a replacement for him to partner Rice, but having Partey in there makes you better as a team. We might be able to rest Rice now and then too. Besides, he's only 30, it's not like he's a grandpa.

Arsenal Quotes

Tony Adams was a legendary Arsenal captain. He had authority over the team and even over his opponents.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom