• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

To Pompey fans

liam346

the best athomesphere is not at the big grounds (excluding Newcastle) its usually at the small grounds where the boisterous success starved fans enjoy the big day

Currently you enjoy top spot and fair do's to you as we have and that other lot have in red too had a share lately.However think if you will how much Middlesboro enjoyed last week winning their first pot!Imagine the true fans of Tranmere say who dream of Natiownwide leage........playing Everton or Sp**s........

bobbypires

Established Member
Come to Spain and you will see that Highbury has a great atmosphere. Only Betis and Sevilla have a good crowd.

Soler

Established Member
I watch La Liga a fair bit. I remember the Barcelona vs. Real Madrid from the Nou Camp this season, and after Ronaldo scored for Real Madrid there was ... SILENCE. Is it always like that?

The Mini

skart14 said:
May be we should introduce the butt wave....

10_6_4.gif
10_6_4.gif
10_6_4.gif

re-introduce I believe

Pat's missing Gerbil

liam346 said:
(excluding Newcastle) ..

last few times weve been there we have had to "sing a song for them" , "where's your famous atmosphere?" and the shhhhhhhhhhht to their silence. Last year wasnt too bad because they competed well, but the atmosphere is fading at St james's with the new stand bringing in more corporate guests, more women at the game, mates not being able to sit with mates etc..........same everywhere

Beany

ITK
Trusted ⭐

Our away support is great; home support is poor.

Yesterday was an oddity; we mullahed them to such an extent they could only laugh. They didn't even pause when Freddie scored the 5th! It's hard to strike up banter when your oponnents react in such an unusual, albeit admirable fashion to such a comprehensive taking apart. If we did that to spuds it would be a liiiiiitle different, I'm sure!

marco

credit to pompey fans for singing even when they were losing 5-0!
great support to be fair to them. Best home support i think ive heard before, whatever those northern fans of sunderland and newcastle think!!
totally agree with someone earlier, atmosphere at st james park is not as good as your geordie on the radio makes it out to be!
as for the 60,000 muppets or 40,000 russians enjoy your prawn sandwiches!!

Exiled In Newcastle

Established Member
I said to Pat near the start of the game that they'd keep up the noise all game, and they did.

Fratton is probably the ground I've been to most apart from Highbury. I worked in shipping for a couple of years in the early/mid 80's when I left school and we had an office in Portsmouth I had to work at from time to time. Probably 6 months on and off. We had to work saturday mornings so if Arsenal were anywhere past the midlands there was no chance and I used to go to Fratton park with the guys I worked with.

Aussie

Established Member
When your sitting in Highbury with 38,000 other gooners and its just another regular game against say Everton. People that dont usually sing that much get the attitude cant someone else do it. However usually the away fans feel they have to make the nosie as there aint anyone else to do it for them. There is also a bit of an us against them attitude which will always create more noise. Last night i went to a soccer game in Aus (we won) and sat with about 6 mates of mine and we made a fair bit of noise. However the week before I was sitting next to two people who i had never seen before and i didnt really do much chanting. Your going to much braver when you around your mates and you wont be afraid to stand up and get some chants going. Unreserved seating in a section of the grounbd is the answer.

Aussie

Established Member
When you see the way they behaved last night it makes you realise how spoiled and churlish some of our fans are. We’re top of the league, unbeaten all season, into the semi-finals of the FA Cup, in a good position in Europe, yet some people still find it necessary to berate Gilberto or Parlour, or to criticise the team when we only win 2-1. Portsmouth were outclassed on the field, absolutely taken apart, but they made it a night to remember for themselves. Harry Redknapp summed it up perfectly when he said “It was good to see our fans cheering people like Thierry Henry and Patrick Vieira. Football must not be all about hate.”

That there is from www.arseblog.com and it pretty much sums up some of our supporters. Every day you should thank god for letting you support Arsenal and auctually make that shown at games.

My whole view of Pompey changed after that game and that was down to their fans I also want them to stay up and if they do I will certainley be a Gooner in Portsmouth applauding them for what they deserve...RESPECT

blimpar

Don't think Pompey fans would be like that if they were 5-0 down in a relegation cruncher against Bolton or somebody. Losing in the FA is something that happens every year to them. It's not important.

Arsenal Quotes

Arsène Wenger's idea is not only to play good football. It's to play good football to win. In my day, we knew that with our style we could hurt teams and win trophies too. But we did it our way, with the positional game, passing, movement.

Dennis Bergkamp

Daily Transfer Updates

Saturday, May 18

Arsenal‘s interest in Ivan Toney has waned. It is unlikely he will join this summer and neither will Alexander Isak, with the club no longer interested at his £120m price [John Cross - The Mirror]

Benjamin Šeško will cost €65m this summer [Sky Sports Germany]

Latest posts

Top Bottom