• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

West Ham: Kings of Europe

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Why? Feel free to explain because i really cant understand the hype around that guy.
Fair question, and I'm not sure I got a very good answer, but compared to Potter I've prefered the way his teams are set up. Potter was fortunate to come to a well run club in Brighton, and foundered badly at a poorly run club at Chelsea. O'Neill has done well in the clubs he's been at.

TornadoTed

Established Member
Why? Feel free to explain because i really cant understand the hype around that guy.
The guy has done wonders at Wolves and deserves the hype he gets. He took over 2 days before the season started after they had just sold £150m worth of players including their captain and talisman.

The expectations were to avoid relegation and they achieved that without ever being even close to danger. He has also managed to get Wolves scoring which has been a perennial problem.

He has transformed the whole mood of the fan base from down right depressed to full of optimism. Importantly too they are good to watch compared to the almost painful pragmatism under Nuno.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel

...remember when this was a thing :lol:

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer
THU2id9.png

Called this collapse in December btw by actually.. you know, watching us play :lol: We have played awful football all season and got hard carried by individual brilliance from the front 3.

Tnegs

Sméagol has done well for the Hammers. Back when the league was easier this team would be about 5th-6th every season like his Everton side was. Think he’s brought them as far as he can and winning that cup was the cherry on top.

King87

Kai's having the time of my life

Surely west Ham players would want to sign off with a result for Moyesy against city? Or more likely they won't be arsed

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer

Looking forward to Lopetegui hopefully improving our CF performances instead of us being the club where strikers go to die.

Actually insane that we've had both Haller and Scamacca and both were benched for Antonio because of how inflexible Moyes is :lol:

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
Obviously it hasn't been a great season for West Ham but sometimes you should be careful what you wish for. I'm not sure that Lopetegui is going to improve them that much. The recruitment and the buy in from players still has to work out. It's never a guarantee.

SuperGoon

Debbie Downer

Player:Saka
Obviously it hasn't been a great season for West Ham but sometimes you should be careful what you wish for. I'm not sure that Lopetegui is going to improve them that much. The recruitment and the buy in from players still has to work out. It's never a guarantee.
Let's be honest, we of all fans can not be preachy and say be careful what you wish for. We were stagnant for years and then we were banterful for years then after.

Sometimes football fans deserve to be ambitious and excited. You do you, Westham

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
Let's be honest, we of all fans can not be preachy and say be careful what you wish for. We were stagnant for years and then we were banterful for years then after.

Sometimes football fans deserve to be ambitious and excited. You do you, Westham
I'm not being preachy at all. I actually don't care one way or the other what happens with them. All I'm saying is that there is no guarantee that the guy will be successful. He hasn't exactly pulled up trees anywhere he's been. If you are determined to make the comparison to us however, 1.5 years in the wilderness with Emery was a textbook case of be careful what you wish for.

SuperGoon

Debbie Downer

Player:Saka
I'm not being preachy at all. I actually don't care one way or the other what happens with them. All I'm saying is that there is no guarantee that the guy will be successful. He hasn't exactly pulled up trees anywhere he's been. If you are determined to make the comparison to us however, 1.5 years in the wilderness with Emery was a textbook case of be careful what you wish for.

But would you take that part of our history back knowing that we're competing for the league now??

Emery was a stepping stone to taking a chance with Arteta who also was a large unknown when approached.

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer

A lot of that was because of the chaos above Emery though, with a lack of structure that has since been fixed. We've already appointed a DoF last summer and that DoF is the one who wanted Lopetegui, so I'd hope there's a shared vision here instead of a rat race of executives behind the scenes trying to fill a power vacuum.

In any case, I'd take less points for better football, at least for the immediate future. I genuinely can't watch our games anymore as it's just so depressing seeing us line up like a team facing relegation against every team.

Arsenal Quotes

I really like Arsenal. But you, do you like Arsenal? Or just Arsenal with Trophies?

Dennis Bergkamp

Daily Transfer Updates

Saturday, May 18

Arsenal‘s interest in Ivan Toney has waned. It is unlikely he will join this summer and neither will Alexander Isak, with the club no longer interested at his £120m price [John Cross - The Mirror]

Benjamin Šeško will cost €65m this summer [Sky Sports Germany]

Latest posts

Top Bottom