• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

What if Arsenal.....

Andrew Cole Linighan

Player:Saka
I always wondered what would have happened had Arsenal not sold Andrew Cole. In 1991, we signed one of the best strikers in Ian Wright, who would go onto do do well at Arsenal. Cole was emerging, went on loan and signed for Bristol City. Done well there, then Newcastle Utd signed him. Formed a brilliant partnership with Peter Beardsley. Then signed for Man Utd. Had the partnership with Dwight Yorke, won trophies.
Can remember buying The Gooner fanzine at a match in 1994. An Arsenal fan questioned why we sold Andrew Cole and kept Kevin Campbell? When Kevin first came on the scene, he was a robust striker, thought he worked well with Ian Wright. We also had Alan Smith as well.
Could Cole and Wright have played together, or were they too similar? Having Smith, Campbell, Cole and Wright could have been like Sheringham, Solskaer, Cole and Yorke.

Arsenal Quotes

I didnt score as many as I hoped, but it was nice that I always scored against Tottenham

Charlie Nicholas

Latest posts

Top Bottom