• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Yves Bissouma

Status
Not open for further replies.

TornadoTed

Established Member
With the players we have been linked with Bissouma is probably my favourite, over Neves and Locatelli. Five attacking and five defending seems to be the Mikel way.

Tierney, Saka, ESR/?, Auba and Pepe

Gabriel, White, RB, Partey, Bissouma

Looks strong defensively and pretty counter attack proof with Partey and Bissouma's athleticism. If that front 5 can't create enough chances for themselves then there is something seriously wrong.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
You can’t go wrong with him and partey. If the 4 players ahead of them can’t create enough. Then that’s really the problem. Neves really isn’t creative at all and he is way weaker defensively, I would get taking a real ball playing cm ahead of him. But neves ain’t it

Simply "you cant go wrong with him and Partey" is a mid table attitude you trying to slap here. You wanna sell ESR as well. How bad do you want us to be?

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

I will say I'd still rather Bissouma, but I am slowly convincing myself Neves is a better option.

Iwobeast

Established Member

Player:Martinelli
Don't think Bissouma or Neves will improve our creativity tbh. I'd say if it did, Neves would have the edge, but you need a strong RB and a Maddison/Aouar in the team as well /

Bissouma will, indirectly. Since he and Partey can cover the whole pitch, for example, our fullbacks can join the attack more often. We'd be immune to counter attacks, and able to create waves of attacks.

Both Bissouma and Partey are excellent in getting out of tight situations and progressing the ball. which is key in modern day Premier League football.

I think Bissouma would make our general play more dynamic and versatile, with Neves it would be the same like Xhaka, too static. Opponents would still breeze through our midfield with ease.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Bissouma will, indirectly. Since he and Partey can cover the whole pitch, for example, our fullbacks can join the attack more often. We'd be immune to counter attacks, and able to create waves of attacks.

Both Bissouma and Partey are excellent in getting out of tight situations and progressing the ball. which is key in modern day Premier League football.

I think Bissouma would make our general play more dynamic and versatile, with Neves it would be the same like Xhaka, too static. Opponents would still breeze through our midfield with ease.
exactly....after 5 years of xhaka hey lets get a younger xhaka. Its beyond madness. Xhaka is better passer than kante.....is he a better mifielder? We already know how the nice unathletic ball player looks at Arsenal and we all hated it. With xhaka we reached even smaller teams like palace could come to our ground and be comfortable in possession. With bissouma constantly on their ass we wont have to watch average players run pass our midfield all over again

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
exactly....after 5 years of xhaka hey lets get a younger xhaka. Its beyond madness. Xhaka is better passer than kante.....is he a better mifielder? We already know how the nice unathletic ball player looks at Arsenal and we all hated it. With xhaka we reached even smaller teams like palace could come to our ground and be comfortable in possession. With bissouma constantly on their ass we wont have to watch average players run pass our midfield all over again

You've just completely ruined yourself with this paragraph.

Kante plays next to Jorginho in Chelsea's midfield. Jorginho is very much like Xhaka. Partey is far more like Kante than he is like Xhaka.

This is what people are trying to say to you, Partey does what Bissouma does and more. We don't need two of them.

People mainly dislike Xhaka because of the mistakes over the years. Someone younger without the mistakes is pretty ideal no?

Token Yank

Think some people are type-casting Bissouma as a ball winner who passes the ball 5 yards sideways once he recovers it. From what I've seen watching him he has a lot more to his game. He is a good dribbler and can glide past players. Plays quick forward balls. Would gladly take him over Neves and Sanches. Could provide a lot of flexibility to the squad depending on who we sign at AM.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Surely Partey and Lokonga make the need for this guy a bit redundant. Unless you're putting Partey or Bissouma as the 6 where Xhaka was and you don't sign someone like Neves, but think Arteta will be looking for a more similar Xhaka replacement rather than going down the route a lot of Arsenal fans want him to go. I think we should have faith that Arteta knows what he..... ah who am I trying to kid?

Gn1212

I actually don’t see any overrating tbh. If we were spending 40m some would prefer him over Neves or our current options that’s all.
They act like he is the next Makelele. He is not the great anchorman some seem to think he is. He is a great tackler and his pressing is good for most of the game but he has his costly lapses during the game and he tends to be spent by the 70th minute.

yorch44

Commander of the Pelotudo Brigade
Depending on the price and the situation.with Lokonga I agree this would be a nice signing. But I want to give Willock a chance, but only if Willock is willing to put more effort on his defensive work. I don't like him thinking he is the new Ramsey after purple patch.

Ramsey was excellent when he did firstly his job as CM and then getting in goal opportunities. When he got obsessed with scoring, he lost the surprise factor and our midfield went unbalanced. So, first do your basics and then you take advantage of getting in goal positions from behind.

So if Willock can do that and get better in his distribution game, I will happily have him next to Partey or in 3 midfield.

yorch44

Commander of the Pelotudo Brigade
You can’t go wrong with him and partey. If the 4 players ahead of them can’t create enough. Then that’s really the problem. Neves really isn’t creative at all and he is way weaker defensively, I would get taking a real ball playing cm ahead of him. But neves ain’t it
But I don't want Neves hahaha... I don't rate him at all.

Finesse

Bissouma and Nevez can both play for this club. I am not sure what the ramble on here is about to be honest. It depends on how we plan to play and set up going into the season. This is Arteta’s responsibility and only him knows the direction and how either player can fit in. The system , the set up , the tactics and positional play etc. We don’t know this for sure. This notion of we need a Xhaka ilk player to replace him or Bissouma is just some ball winner / tackler are all conjecture based on personal preference for either player. Both are top players who can offer a lot to this Arsenal midfield as an upgrade to what we saw from Elnenny or Ceballos last season.The choice for either player will largely depend on how the manager wants to set up and use them and the financial package eventually.

Sammy1887

New Year, Same Hate For Reed
Don't think Bissouma or Neves will improve our creativity tbh. I'd say if it did, Neves would have the edge, but you need a strong RB and a Maddison/Aouar in the team as well /

Your posting has been top notch recently. Fear of losing the Trust status brought this change? :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

What does Arsenal mean? It means class. The structure of the Club, everything has a classy feel about it. It isn't always about success, there is more than that and this is what makes it a cut above the rest.

Charlie Nicholas
Top Bottom