• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Loss Manchester City 5 - 0 Arsenal | Saturday, 28th August | KO: 12:30 BST | BT Sports

Match Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
:lol:
think you are proving the 'mind-altering' anti-vaxxers hypothesis correct with your demented outburst.

the most scariest phrase of all is 'rushed science'.
never has there been a vaccine imposed that is experimentally a few months old. no-one knows the side-effects a year down the road, never mind a few years. and they'll blame the healthy unvaccinated (guilty even if proven innocent) for any issues.
it's to condition folk for the mark of the beast.

but i think we can agree ARTETA-OUT.
The initial research has been around for years, ever since SARS-Cov-1 from 2003.

I'll let John Hopkins University debunk this commonly parroted myth:

MYTH: Researchers rushed the development of the COVID-19 vaccine, so its effectiveness and safety cannot be trusted.​

FACT: Studies found that the two initial vaccines are both about 95% effective — and reported no serious or life-threatening side effects. There are many reasons why the COVID-19 vaccines could be developed so quickly. Here are just a few:

• The COVID-19 vaccines from Pfizer/BioNTech and Moderna were created with a method that has been in development for years, so the companies could start the vaccine development process early in the pandemic.
  • China isolated and shared genetic information about COVID-19 promptly, so scientists could start working on vaccines.
  • The vaccine developers didn’t skip any testing steps, but conducted some of the steps on an overlapping schedule to gather data faster.
  • Vaccine projects had plenty of resources, as governments invested in research and/or paid for vaccines in advance.
  • Some types of COVID-19 vaccines were created using messenger RNA (mRNA), which allows a faster approach than the traditional way that vaccines are made.
  • Social media helped companies find and engage study volunteers, and many were willing to help with COVID-19 vaccine research.
  • Because COVID-19 is so contagious and widespread, it did not take long to see if the vaccine worked for the study volunteers who were vaccinated.
  • Companies began making vaccines early in the process — even before FDA authorization — so some supplies were ready when authorization occurred.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
It's things like that which actually have me sometimes resenting the fact that I support us. It just seems we are the laughing stock of every club. Burnley are crap. But they know what they are and they act like what they are.

Chelsea/City had nothing to shout about in the past but have started dominating and winning. Which for most folk is all that matters.

Us.....we act like a big club. Spend like a big club. Talk about the Invincibles etc etc.

We set ourselves up to fail and every single move we make becomes a meme of laughter.

What other club gives Xhaka a new contract for the very next game to do the most typical Xhaka thing ever and get a red card.

What other club gives a 20+ goal scorer a new contract only for him to stop scoring.

What team tries to give Kolasinac away for the last 18 months only to play him in the most difficult game in the league.

We are a laughing stock and its doing my head in.

Wiggins

Plus we apparently have a bunch of Pfizer shills on here. :confused: I'm not anti-vax by any means but really? We're gonna suck off Pfizer who made $30 billion off of us this year?

Last edited:

Gunner D

Coronavirus Truther; ex. Gunner boy dd
The initial research has been around for years, ever since SARS-Cov-1 from 2003.

I'll let John Hopkins University debunk this commonly parroted myth:

MYTH: Researchers rushed the development of the COVID-19 vaccine, so its effectiveness and safety cannot be trusted.​

FACT: Studies found that the two initial vaccines are both about 95% effective — and reported no serious or life-threatening side effects. There are many reasons why the COVID-19 vaccines could be developed so quickly. Here are just a few:

• The COVID-19 vaccines from Pfizer/BioNTech and Moderna were created with a method that has been in development for years, so the companies could start the vaccine development process early in the pandemic.
  • China isolated and shared genetic information about COVID-19 promptly, so scientists could start working on vaccines.
  • The vaccine developers didn’t skip any testing steps, but conducted some of the steps on an overlapping schedule to gather data faster.
  • Vaccine projects had plenty of resources, as governments invested in research and/or paid for vaccines in advance.
  • Some types of COVID-19 vaccines were created using messenger RNA (mRNA), which allows a faster approach than the traditional way that vaccines are made.
  • Social media helped companies find and engage study volunteers, and many were willing to help with COVID-19 vaccine research.
  • Because COVID-19 is so contagious and widespread, it did not take long to see if the vaccine worked for the study volunteers who were vaccinated.
  • Companies began making vaccines early in the process — even before FDA authorization — so some supplies were ready when authorization occurred.
Mate who cares. You said Pedo’s are safer to kids than people who haven’t took a covid vaccine. You’re f*cking nuts.

Atlas

Lost a sausage bet on Xhaka 😭
Plus we apparently have a bunch of Pfizer shills on here. :confused: I'm not anti-vax by any means but really? We're gonna suck off Pfizer who made $30 billion off of us this year?
A year and a half ago people all over the world were crying out for a vaccine. Guess who delivered? They deserve to be sucked off. Big pharma gave us vaccines while the hippies sitting safely on the sidelines contributed nothing but criticism as usual.

Trill

Not Trilly
It shouldn't puzzle you when you think about it.

We slipped out of the CL places and beyond under Wenger with players like Özil, Sanchez, Ramsey, Cazorla, Koscielny, Mertseacker, Monreal etc.... (and some junk he signed that are still here) There was no obvious need to invest hugely when you've got a squad that appeared capable of winning the league, as opposed to now. It's not so much as Arteta being backed now as the club merely picking up players irrespective of whether they think he'll be here to see the best of them or not.
We've spent more than any other team this window. My god we spent 50 on White! I know it's early doors but I noticed he seemed slow and weak in his first full preseason start against Sp**s, Brentford did not allay those concerns.

Wenger never got anything close to that amount of help from the board. Imagine that Theo Van Nasregas 2011 period with a proper injection of investment? We'd have been competing for the Champions League let alone the Premier League. Instead the great man is now considered a kind of meme, when really he should have been remembered as what he was, a ****ing genius.

I know there wasn't as much incentive for the board to invest back then as now as we were consistently making top four. But if we could have had just one window of the same commitment as this, god knows where we would be now. Maybe we'd be **** still but at least we might have a PL or CL to show for it and wouldn't be a complete ****ing laughing stock.

Wiggins

A year and a half ago people all over the world were crying out for a vaccine. Guess who delivered? They deserve to be sucked off. Big pharma gave us vaccines while the hippies sitting safely on the sidelines contributed nothing but criticism as usual.
Assuming the vaccine actually works, cuz much like the flu shot, it's looking hit and miss. I still don't want to be sucking big pharma's balls cuz they'll milk this **** for all it's worth.

A year and half ago I recall some pretty loud voices saying they weren't taking the 'Trump vaccine' if that's what you're alluding to. People who've got the poke are still getting sick so it's effectiveness is still up in the air IMO. I took it, but I don't have to like it or believe it's necessarily getting the job done. Nor does it mean that I automatically have to trust big pharma and believe everything they say.

Mate who cares. You said Pedo’s are safer to kids than people who haven’t took a covid vaccine. You’re f*cking nuts.
No what I meant by that comment was that antivaxxers support the deaths of 2 million babies per day. Can't think of a group of people that fan cause that much harm to that quantity of infants. By antivaxxers I mean people who don't get their kids their childhood immunisations not people who refuse the covid vaccine. People refusing the covid vaccine are a threat to the elderly instead.
Assuming the vaccine actually works, cuz much like the flu shot, it's looking hit and miss. I still don't want to be sucking big pharma's balls cuz they'll milk this **** for all it's worth.

A year and half ago I recall some pretty loud voices saying they weren't taking the 'Trump vaccine' if that's what you're alluding to. People who've got the poke are still getting sick so it's effectiveness is still up in the air IMO. I took it, but I don't have to like it or believe it's necessarily getting the job done. Nor does it mean that I automatically have to trust big pharma and believe everything they say.
By all measures the covid vaccines are working as intended. They're not designed to stop you catching it. The idea is that it will reduce the severity of the disease if you catch it. This will reduce hospitlisations and stop the healthcare system from collapsing. Also greatly reducing deaths is the other main benefit.

Just look at the US for all the proof you need. 90 percent hospital patients unvaccinated and 95 percent deaths are unvaccinated.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
It shouldn't puzzle you when you think about it.

We slipped out of the CL places and beyond under Wenger with players like Özil, Sanchez, Ramsey, Cazorla, Koscielny, Mertseacker, Monreal etc.... (and some junk he signed that are still here) There was no obvious need to invest hugely when you've got a squad that appeared capable of winning the league, as opposed to now. It's not so much as Arteta being backed now as the club merely picking up players irrespective of whether they think he'll be here to see the best of them or not.
‘Slipped out?‘ :lol: He was forced out of the CL places by all those planes, social media rants, memes, stadium protests, and boycotts, because he finished only 4 places above Arsenals investment position, instead of winning the league.

Folding under that kind of abuse is not something to be ashamed off.

Gunner D

Coronavirus Truther; ex. Gunner boy dd
No what I meant by that comment was that antivaxxers support the deaths of 2 million babies per day. Can't think of a group of people that fan cause that much harm to that quantity of infants. By antivaxxers I mean people who don't get their kids their childhood immunisations not people who refuse the covid vaccine. People refusing the covid vaccine are a threat to the elderly instead.

By all measures the covid vaccines are working as intended. They're not designed to stop you catching it. The idea is that it will reduce the severity of the disease if you catch it. This will reduce hospitlisations and stop the healthcare system from collapsing. Also greatly reducing deaths is the other main benefit.

Just look at the US for all the proof you need. 90 percent hospital patients unvaccinated and 95 percent deaths are unvaccinated.
Just cause someone doesn’t want a Covid jab, doesn’t make them anti Vax. Just leave people to choose whether they want the covid vaccine or not. Other people’s medical records are none of your business. I’m young and healthy, so there’s no need for me to get it. The average age of Covid deaths is 84 in the u.k and the large majority who die of Covid have underlying health conditions. You say ‘anti-vaxxers’ are dangerous to the elderly, but If the elderly have had the jab, what’s the issue? A BBC Radio presenter died the other day after taking the vaccine, what you got to say about that? Let people decide what they want to do with their body. If people want to get vaccinated, then that’s their choice, likewise if you don’t want it.

Baki

Loves Anime Hates Mikel
:lol:
think you are proving the 'mind-altering' anti-vaxxers hypothesis correct with your demented outburst.

the most scariest phrase of all is 'rushed science'.
never has there been a vaccine imposed that is experimentally a few months old. no-one knows the side-effects a year down the road, never mind a few years. and they'll blame the healthy unvaccinated (guilty even if proven innocent) for any issues.
it's to condition folk for the mark of the beast.

but i think we can agree ARTETA-OUT.
Coronavirus vaccine have years and years of research behind them. Same with the mRNA tech. All the legacy research led to the incredible breakthrough with a specific vaccine for SARS-COVID-19 which is a type of cornonavirus. So don’t give me this rushed science bullshit.

Diesel

Coronavirus vaccine have years and years of research behind them. Same with the mRNA tech. All the legacy research led to the incredible breakthrough with a specific vaccine for SARS-COVID-19 which is a type of cornonavirus. So don’t give me this rushed science bullshit.
Your speaking to someone who doesnt know what "scientific method" is... no clue why people responding to them. Like i said if the symptoms were u bleeding from your ass you would not see many people opposed to a shot that could prevent that. Just be happy that it wasnt ebola and the worst byproduct is a percentage of people who spend 17 hours a day on youtube.

kopzilla

Always Negative
This club is going to make proper masochists of us all.

The players don't look like a unit at all and clearly Arteta can't improve us any more.

Hopefully, they are serious about replacing him with a better, experienced manager.

ThisFather

Fan of Alpha Males
Just looked at the table and noticed how much quality every team has. Premier League is too strong now. The margins between teams are nowhere near as high as they were in the past. Which is why talk of relegation is no joke. It is a real possibility for us the way things are going and if they don't change. And no wonder, with the amount of money you get just for being in it.

Who would you confidently hold us firm favourites against? Every weaker team I can think of feels like a 50/50. Norwich and Watford are the only teams I would personally have some reassurance against.

Newcastle, Palace, Villa, Leeds, Southampton, , Brentford and Brighton for instance. If we played them tomorrow I wouldn't expect us to win any of them as a given.

Last season we played negative and held out for draws and lucky wins. This season we can't even defend anymore even with 10 men behind the ball. We are weak in every area of the pitch.

pikey2000

Respectfully take your vaccine talk elsewhere, this is defo not the place for that ****, its all over social media, the news, papers, work place, general day to day life, we don't need that **** on a football forum as well.

Ash10

Chairman of the Bum Brigade
Thought about giving a lecture on how vaccines work & stuff. But then I remembered that it won't change the anti vaxxers mindset at all & the fact that this is a frickin matchday thread

Yeosol

But then I remembered that it won't change the anti vaxxers mindset at all
It's always a good idea to get some actual information out there to counter the misinformation spread by anti-vaxxers, but you're right that it won't change anything with the anti-vaxxers minds - you can't reason people out of a position they didn't reason themselves into to begin with.

This is probably not the thread for that though. Then again, I'm not sure what to discuss here. It's a thread for discussion about Arsenal's performance against Man City, and there wasn't really a performance to discuss, so...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

What does Arsenal mean? It means class. The structure of the Club, everything has a classy feel about it. It isn't always about success, there is more than that and this is what makes it a cut above the rest.

Charlie Nicholas

Latest posts

Top Bottom