• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Win Premier League: Arsenal 1 - 0 Norwich City | Saturday, 11th September | KO: 15:00 BST | Stream

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't even know if I want us to win or not. Both teams are in poor form, but I'm sure Norwich fancies this. This might kickstart their season. Historically, we always have the upper hand against them, but struggling to see how we beat them seeing the way we play.

The stats makes for grim reading

Screenshot-20210905-120307.png

Screenshot-20210905-120327.png

We do seem to have a decent record against them tbf

Screenshot-20210905-120244.png

This match always come to mind when I think about Norwich. Orgasmic football!

A bit of nostalgia for my boy @Riou

Predicted Lineup

Attachments

• 1861963_Arsenal.jpg
    1861963_Arsenal.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 29

TriniGunner

I don't remember Norwich had one good chance but the problem is remain the finishing has been seriously poor can't finish the game early and our players strangely just missing easy chances or try to be too cute with thier finishing krul made good saves even in our goal his save against pepe was great. As long the finishing still poverty we'll struggle if we fix that soon we'll have fun Season against Brentford Norwich we had like 50 shots only 10 on target that explains alot

I liked the energy and intensity from the kick-off. Reminded me of our mid 2000's games under Wenger where we were all over teams from the start at the Emirates. What we lacked today is a cutting edge up front and I've been telling everyone that the attack looks better with Lacazette. It's not that I want to drop Auba, it's just that Lacazette works best with our midfielders and he's also an excellent finisher. Our most dynamic games post Wenger era was when those 2 AND Özil were in the team and there was some chemistry in how we moved the ball forward. Maybe it's too early to tell but from what I saw today, it was a vast improvement over the past 3 games. The right personnel does help when you're playing football.

carlito'sway

Established Member
Good win today. Arteta and the team could not afford not take take the 3 points and they did just that with a very encouraging display to boot. Let's hope that is the start of a good series.

sergio_giorgini

Dying on Mt.Neymar Hill
A win and 3 points. But I saw nothing from the performance to be all that optimistic about really. It was more of the usual. Slow passing, low energy, static movement, lack of cohesion to our play and one dimensional and predictable going forward. Whatever Arteta is doing with this group is just not clicking.

At least the result is something to build on but Burnley next week is a big test and I’m not confident.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
We have had massive issues away from home, since around 2017.

Even though we had a decent away record last season, though I don't count it as there were no fans, I feel we are in for anther tough time on the road this year.

All clubs have certain players, that struggle in away games...but over the last few years, Arsenal excel in collecting those players in every position :lol:

Think with how young our side is, plus refs letting teams get away with murder against us...will be shocked if we end up with a positive goal difference on the road.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
That's not necessarily true - our away form for about 2-3 season when we had Ramsey-Özil-Sanchez firing for us was close to the best in the league. Wenger had many teams which had seasons where our away form was stellar.
Exactly. I even remember lunatics like @Makingtrax cooking up lashings of horseshit excuses for our home form being crap, like the stadium being too toxic to perform in, or something. Or the wind.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Exactly. I even remember lunatics like @Makingtrax cooking up lashings of horseshit excuses for our home form being crap, like the stadium being too toxic to perform in, or something. Or the wind.
Getting arsy now cause you didn't like me reminding you how you lost your sh!t at a manager coming 2nd, but happy to make excuses for a manager scrambling a goal to lift us off the bottom :lol:

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
I actually thought we created a few good chances. I really liked our pressing in the first 20 minutes too. A big feature of our game under Arteta is that we tend to start really well, that includes against the likes of Chelski and Citeh too.

If we start scoring early in games we’ll be cooking on gas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

When we won the title on May 3-rd by beating Everton 4-0 as Tony Adams scored that iconic goal, we showed everyone and especially Manchester United that we could beat them. Thirteen days later, when we beat Newcastle 2-0 in the FA Cup final in the legendary Wembley Stadium, it was wonderful... I felt immensely proud for the team, for the club: this was the fantastic response I was able to give to those who had put their confidence in me, as well as those who had put me through all those difficult weeks when I first arrived.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom