• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Win Premier League: Arsenal 1 - 0 Norwich City | Saturday, 11th September | KO: 15:00 BST | Stream

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't even know if I want us to win or not. Both teams are in poor form, but I'm sure Norwich fancies this. This might kickstart their season. Historically, we always have the upper hand against them, but struggling to see how we beat them seeing the way we play.

The stats makes for grim reading

Screenshot-20210905-120307.png

Screenshot-20210905-120327.png

We do seem to have a decent record against them tbf

Screenshot-20210905-120244.png

This match always come to mind when I think about Norwich. Orgasmic football!

A bit of nostalgia for my boy @Riou

Predicted Lineup

Attachments

• 1861963_Arsenal.jpg
    1861963_Arsenal.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 29

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Saka until he improve his finishing he'll not be considered an elite talent i hope he do improve this he always get himself in scoring position 2-3 times a game nothing to do with manager because it's up to player to be ruthless

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel

...saw this kinda pointless stat, but very fitting for this kinda pointless match :lol:

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Saka until he improve his finishing he'll not be considered an elite talent i hope he do improve this he always get himself in scoring position 2-3 times a game nothing to do with manager because it's up to player to be ruthless

He is not a winger, doesn’t have the end product. Needs to play in midfield in a three, I’ve no doubt it’ll happen in a year or so as he has all the attributes to play box to box in a three.

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
He is not a winger, doesn’t have the end product. Needs to play in midfield in a three, I’ve no doubt it’ll happen in a year or so as he has all the attributes to play box to box in a three.
I think we shouldn't give up about him as LW finishing will come we don't have winger like him who press and have quick pace.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

I think we shouldn't give up about him as LW finishing will come we don't have winger like him who press and have quick pace.
That’s why I said in a year or so he’ll move into midfield. I think they’ll persist with him on the wings this season before they realise he isn’t productive enough. You can’t have players in your attack these days who don’t score.

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

That was a 50/50 game all together for me, I thought our backline for the majority of the game with their first game together played alright despite it only being Norwich. Tomiyasu had a pretty good game & he impressed me on his debut. Gabriel played well aswell, better then Mari had been playing.

Partey impressed me well as soon as he came on, AMN wasn't his best but I wouldn't blame him, I'd still like to see a partnership of Partey & Lokonga. Lokonga played alright at times aswell I thought. Not perfect but certainly better then El Neny, should get in before El Neny.

Auba didn't have his best game but he could have got more then 1 goal if their keeper didn't have such a good game. Pepe, Saka & Auba I thought were pretty unlucky tbh, Norwich's keeper had a pretty good game, if he didn't have such a good game we woulc have won by more then a goal. Pepe played well with a good shot or 2 but he was just unlucky. Saka is a very good player but he's got to improve his finishing. ESR played well as soon as he got on, he was also unlucky not to get a goal with his shot either. He brought us up another level when he got on though.

Tom Mix

Carlos Vela at the age of 20-21 was better than any youngster we have currently and he went on to have an average career, fans need to calm down with Saka, Smith and co
I don't think so. Vela had a few nice chips in the League Cup against mostly inferior opposition but then disappeared against bigger teams. Saka, and to a slightly lesser degree Smith-Rowe, has already proved he can cut it in big games against big teams.

They basically need to be playing in a better team with more coherent ideas and a game plan.

TinFish

Judging as a youngster you can overlook it I guess, but when he's meant to be one of your best players it's not good enough at all.. Definitely needs to add end product to take the next step. His overall game has been lacking to start this season too, but I'm not worried about that yet.
Feels like I'm watching Grealish sometimes with Saka. He is trying to attain a bit more flair and hold onto the ball more. As a result he wins us consistent fouls. I guess training with England and being with his best mate Grealish helps with that....

However at Arsenal we need his purple patch form from last season.

Monstar-Gunn4r

Established Member
Feels like I'm watching Grealish sometimes with Saka. He is trying to attain a bit more flair and hold onto the ball more. As a result he wins us consistent fouls. I guess training with England and being with his best mate Grealish helps with that....

However at Arsenal we need his purple patch form from last season.
Wtf he received the ball a few times and got kicked mid turn. He found more and more space as the game went on. Hes young and getting the most attention out of everyone on the team, nobody else gets fouled, late challenged or kicked as much as him for a reason and it isnt the rest of them are better.

TinFish

Wtf he received the ball a few times and got kicked mid turn. He found more and more space as the game went on. Hes young and getting the most attention out of everyone on the team, nobody else gets fouled, late challenged or kicked as much as him for a reason and it isnt the rest of them are better.
Let me rephrase that - a 'wannabe' Grealish.

I'm not criticising his performance. I just feel he was more useful last season considering our attacking input is dire.

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
The kid is like 19.
Yes that's why people need to show more patience with him he playing with little quality around him and pressure is bigger him and ESR should be developed step by step and not asking them to be our main men

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Thierry Henry was very quick at analysing everything that was going on and how he needed to react. This intelligence, this capacity to evaluate, understand and question oneself, is also the mark of great players... For everyone, for the fans and for us, he symbolised the golden age of Arsenal.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom