• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Win Premier League: Arsenal 1 - 0 Norwich City | Saturday, 11th September | KO: 15:00 BST | Stream

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't even know if I want us to win or not. Both teams are in poor form, but I'm sure Norwich fancies this. This might kickstart their season. Historically, we always have the upper hand against them, but struggling to see how we beat them seeing the way we play.

The stats makes for grim reading

Screenshot-20210905-120307.png

Screenshot-20210905-120327.png

We do seem to have a decent record against them tbf

Screenshot-20210905-120244.png

This match always come to mind when I think about Norwich. Orgasmic football!

A bit of nostalgia for my boy @Riou

Predicted Lineup

Attachments

• 1861963_Arsenal.jpg
    1861963_Arsenal.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 29

Tom Mix

I am happy we won but amazed to think anyone can be satisfied with our performance. There was a point in the first half for about fifteen minutes where Norwich were basically dominating us.

We did not batter them. We made a lot of sound and fury at times but six shots on target, most of them easy to save, is simply not enough against this level of opposition - basically a slightly beefed-up Championship team. Possession ended up at 51/49.

If anyone really thinks scraping a 1-0 home win against this type of team is a great result you, and we, are in trouble.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Arteta confirm both Tomi and Lokonga came late and Lokonga had tight hamstring in international duty. Tomi was cramping

Alkesh

Yeah Saka is surprisingly one dimensional. Needs to kick on.

End product is already a big problem for our frontline at the moment. Hard to feel good about fitting another player like Saka that also doesn't have it, as much as I like his other attributes.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
The Burnley game is going to be tough, based on what we have seen today.

But three points needed, because Arteta wont be sacked if we lose that one.

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐
Yeah Saka is surprisingly one dimensional. Needs to kick on.

Judging as a youngster you can overlook it I guess, but when he's meant to be one of your best players it's not good enough at all.. Definitely needs to add end product to take the next step. His overall game has been lacking to start this season too, but I'm not worried about that yet.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
I am happy we won but amazed to think anyone can be satisfied with our performance. There was a point in the first half for about fifteen minutes where Norwich were basically dominating us.

We did not batter them. We made a lot of sound and fury at times but six shots on target, most of them easy to save, is simply not enough against this level of opposition - basically a slightly beefed-up Championship team. Possession ended up at 51/49.

If anyone really thinks scraping a 1-0 home win against this type of team is a great result you, and we, are in trouble.
I don't remember Norwich had one good chance but the problem is remain the finishing has been seriously poor can't finish the game early and our players strangely just missing easy chances or try to be too cute with thier finishing krul made good saves even in our goal his save against pepe was great. As long the finishing still poverty we'll struggle if we fix that soon we'll have fun Season against Brentford Norwich we had like 50 shots only 10 on target that explains alot

OSBK

Established Member
Happy with 3 very important points. We wont play that many teams as bad as norwich so still work to do.

Gk- did ok, nothing much to do. We did the play out from the back and he did ok but not keen with him doing that against high press teams.

Thought the back 4 looked ok, alittle exposed at times but again a fit partey solves that issue. Both fullbacks were very good going forward.

CM just about coped, Ødegaard at times was at cdm helping. Ødegaard had a good game from a workrate POV but it was a poor attacking display. The diffence ESR made was night and day to Ødegaard, but arteta tactics are not helping him.

Saka did ok, they were on him and kicking him and making life difficult but he stuck to it. Same with pepe, towards the end when he got more space he looked alot more dangerous.

Aside from the goal it was a very poor display from auba. He was through on goal in the first half and a defender was catching him so he bottled it and tried a worldie from 25yrds out. Abit more courage and he takes that on and scores. His speed decline is bad, he burst past hanley at in point and hanley caught him up like a freight train. Glad he got his goal but against burnley he has to start being aggressive or he will get his lunch money taken.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah

Judging as a youngster you can overlook it I guess, but when he's meant to be one of your best players it's not good enough at all.. Definitely needs to add end product to take the next step. His overall game has been lacking to start this season too, but I'm not worried about that yet.

I think he's a kid, who needs a coach.

baccy_man

Established Member
We got the win but we were too slow to get players forward when we had goal kicks or the ball was being played out of defence,
By the time we did get players forward any chance we had to catch the other team short at the back was gone we need to speed our play up and this has been a problem for years now,
You can see Arteta, on the side lines trying to get the players to go forward but the players are taking too much time to get forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Ian Wright was the incredible striker for whom those around him sometimes found hard to control especially the opponents. He was an extrovert, hyperactive, and had endured an extremely hard life. His playing style was instinctive, and he had that killer instinct, a player like no other.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom