• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Draw PL: Brighton And Hove Albion 0 - 0 Arsenal | Saturday, 2nd October | KO: 17:30 BST | Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
What did Brighton create? i thought we defended pretty well and it was a gritty performance.
They had 20 shots, some of which were in very dangerous positions that they just missed. It wasn't a defensive shambles but they aren't 2010s Juventus back there either.

benjamin86

Established Member
They had 20 shots, some of which were in very dangerous positions that they just missed. It wasn't a defensive shambles but they aren't 2010s Juventus back there either.
They didnt have a chance with a higher xg than 0.10, the only chance i felt like they could have possibly scored from was that Burn header.

Blankety Blank

emoji merchant

Why you back lie now? Lokonga was terrible for most part did improve but it wasn't his best performance lol
lol trying to keep his confidence up. He said he was one of the better performers for Arsenal (In the game) not that it was his best performance.
Lets be honest outside of ESR, & Possibly White/Ramsdale/Gabriel nobody put in a decent performance.

Melquiades

They didnt have a chance with a higher xg than 0.10, the only chance i felt like they could have possibly scored from was that Burn header.

The play where Ramsdale made a great leaping hand-away to prevent Maupay from a tap-in was their best chance.

But yeah, it was mostly just possession/pressure leading to hopeful crosses and medium-long range attempts which would have needed to be perfect strikes. There were only one or two legitimately dangerous chances. The CBs were excellent.

Batman

They could also have scored from that chance that Ramsdale had to make a ridiculous save on. The point is that on another day, Brighton probably convert 1 or 2 of those chances and we walk away with nothing. It was an all around uninspired performance that resulted in a point because Brighton were equally uninspired.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel

Yeah, most of their attempts were pretty bad...think the volume of shots they had will make them look better than they were, as we had a few really good chances too.

Though overall Brighton still should have won 2-1 today, to be fair to them.

Batman

I swear I read he went to Highbury a lot back in the 80's, couldn't believe it. :lol:
He used to fundraise in Brooklyn. Plus you have to remember that the CIA funded him in their proxy war with Russia in Afghanistan. He truly was the chicken that came home to roost.

Camus

Trusted ⭐

I see we're back on the "at least we're solid defensively" train again.
But at the same time Burnley, Norwich and Brighton aren’t known as they most prolific teams in general and Sp**s have been just as bad (actually worse) this season.

I’d like to see how we do against a proper attacking side. We’ve got Liverpool coming up next month, that’ll be a great barometer.

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
We we're the second best team today and we're lucky to come away with a point.

ESR, Saka, Gabriel and Ramsdale the only ones who played well for us today

Tomiyasu, Partey, Odeegaard and PEA all very poor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I cannot classify the moments of happiness and of sadness, but every defeat is a scar in your heart that you never forget.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom