• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Your current top 10 Premier League managers

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

He's not a Prem manager bro. His club didn't give him any time to develop his playing style and change the team. Just a few months.
How much of his fall do you consider his doing and how much was a difficult situation? I recall you very much thinking he was a very good coach, or am I misremembering. I know you think Wenger was a very good coach! ;)

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger šŸ™
Trusted ā­

Player:Saliba
How much of his fall do you consider his doing and how much was a difficult situation? I recall you very much thinking he was a very good coach, or am I misremembering. I know you think Wenger was a very good coach! ;)
Potter did very well at his previous clubs. Made them all over perform. He inherited a hodgepodge of players at Chelsea that Tuchel and Frank failed to get much out of. It took Arteta 3 and half seasons to get Arsenal into the top 4 with a big squad turnover. Expecting Potter to do the same in a few months is a bit ridiculous.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ā­

It depends what criteria you're basing it on too.

Because if we're basing it on the jobs managers did in the PL last season, Steve Cooper deserves to be in the top 5 easily.

Keeping Forest up was a bigger achievement than what Frank or De Zerbi did last season tbh. He's just not hipster cool like them :lol:

Canā€™t have a man that clapped in the top 5 ffs.

Saying that as a Welshman as well.

db10_therza

šŸŽµ Edu getting rickrolled šŸŽµ
Trusted ā­

Player:White
Potter did very well at his previous clubs. Made them all over perform. He inherited a hodgepodge of players at Chelsea that Tuchel and Frank failed to get much out of. It took Arteta 3 and half seasons to get Arsenal into the top 4 with a big squad turnover. Expecting Potter to do the same in a few months is a bit ridiculous.
The whole episode must have lowered him in your estimation though no? At the end of the day the squad he inherited wasnā€™t badā€¦ I wouldnā€™t judge him too harshly as Chelsea was/is a mad house but you canā€™t judge him ā€œwellā€ based on it either. He made some really weird decisions whatever way you dress it up.

Getting a ā€œsmallā€ club to outperform and getting a big club to just ā€œperformā€ are two very very different kettles of fish. Itā€™s why Iā€™m raising eyebrows at some of the picks on this list of guys that have never had to do anything at a big club.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger šŸ™
Trusted ā­

Player:Saliba
The whole episode must have lowered him in your estimation though no? At the end of the day the squad he inherited wasnā€™t badā€¦ I wouldnā€™t judge him too harshly as Chelsea was/is a mad house but you canā€™t judge him ā€œwellā€ based on it either. He made some really weird decisions whatever way you dress it up.

Getting a ā€œsmallā€ club to outperform and getting a big club to just ā€œperformā€ are two very very different kettles of fish. Itā€™s why Iā€™m raising eyebrows at some of the picks on this list of guys that have never had to do anything at a big club.
Surely he only did what Arteta did. Uni came 5th with the same squad that Arteta couldnā€™t get to work. 2 mid table finishes and some weird decisions is exactly what happened to Arteta. But given time to change the squad, enforce his methods and heā€™s now the best thing since sliced bread.

db10_therza

šŸŽµ Edu getting rickrolled šŸŽµ
Trusted ā­

Player:White
Surely he only did what Arteta did. Uni came 5th with the same squad that Arteta couldnā€™t get to work. 2 mid table finishes and some weird decisions is exactly what happened to Arteta. But given time to change the squad, enforce his methods and heā€™s now the best thing since sliced bread.

You really need to stop framing everything in the context of either love for Wenger or dislike of Arteta (or both). You can (and should) objectively assess Potter based on what he did or didnā€™t do during his tenure, just like how you could (and Iā€™m sure did) judge Arteta after his first two years at the clubā€¦

And besides, a huge part of being a good manager is being able to effectively manage upwards to the ownership, and here Arteta is clearly levels above Potter.

Macho

DJ Machodemiks
Dusted šŸ”»

Even though I did guess that it wouldn't work out for Potter and he was a little overrated by A-M at the time, it would be a mistake to judge him off that Chelsea stint.

That amount of players is simply unmanageable.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

He inherited a hodgepodge of players at Chelsea that Tuchel and Frank failed to get much out of.
Tuchel won the CL with that group, which isn't to be sneezed at. Think we all would be over the moon if we could win the CL at least once.

Let's not give Potter too many breaks. The squad he received wasn't bad. Yes, it was too large and poorly put together, but there was and is a lot of quality in there.

Farzad Stoned

Self-appointed Deprogrammer for the Cult of Mik šŸŸ„

Player:Havertz
If Villa finishes on top of us every Arteta backer should punch themselves in the face really hard and never pollute this forum with their bizarre cult surrounding a terrible Spanish rookie manager.

It is hilarious loser Mik is seen as 3rd best manager in Pl on strength of his bottle jobs. @SA Gunner is Arteta still 3rd best manager after Pep and Klopp. Oh that is right you rate Pepā€™s dumbest ever coffee boy as superior to Klopp. Arteta isnā€™t even a top 5 manager in London. Total trash gravy training Stanā€™s money and favor.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
If Villa finishes on top of us every Arteta backer should punch themselves in the face really hard and never pollute this forum with their bizarre cult surrounding a terrible Spanish rookie manager.

It is hilarious loser Mik is seen as 3rd best manager in Pl on strength of his bottle jobs. @SA Gunner is Arteta still 3rd best manager after Pep and Klopp. Oh that is right you rate Pepā€™s dumbest ever coffee boy as superior to Klopp. Arteta isnā€™t even a top 5 manager in London. Total trash gravy training Stanā€™s money and favor.

I think its between De Zerbi and Mikel yes, they are both on an equal level for me and Ill put Roberto slightly ahead based on how he's stabilised and add bite to that Brighton team.

Top 5 for me..

Pep
Klopp
De Zerbi
Arteta
Emery

Yours?

Farzad Stoned

I think its between De Zerbi and Mikel yes, they are both on an equal level for me and Ill put Roberto slightly ahead based on how he's stabilised and add bite to that Brighton team.

Top 5 for me..

Pep
Klopp
De Zerbi
Arteta
Emery
De Zerbi hasnā€™t proven it either. Funny you used to rate Mik above Klopp, what has Mik done to drop 2 rankings?

Arteta has a nothing CV and underperformed by any objective measure at a top club. He isnā€™t even a top 10 manager in Pl

All managers better than Arteta in pl no order:
Frank, de zerbi, Pep, Unai, Moyes, Klopp, Silva, Eth, Ange, Eddie Howe.

Half the managers in Italy and Spain bury this tosser as well.

Bring in the guy at sociedad or Feyenord they are way better than this w.nker who invents formations and buys flops from rivals to pay them a million a month and hug the fear out of them.

Farzad Stoned

1. Gary O'Neil

Who cares about the rest.
Yes he is better than Mik to and so are some guys in Championship and some guys like Potter who are out of a job. I honestly think Mik was hampered by not coaching in lower leagues. That is why he canā€™t rate players and only buys famous Chelsea retreads

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
Yes he is better than Mik to and so are some guys in Championship and some guys like Potter who are out of a job. I honestly think Mik was hampered by not coaching in lower leagues. That is why he canā€™t rate players and only buys famous Chelsea retreads

How does Mik compare to Erik these days?

MauveGunner

Player:Rice
De Zerbi hasnā€™t proven it either. Funny you used to rate Mik above Klopp, what has Mik done to drop 2 rankings?

Arteta has a nothing CV and underperformed by any objective measure at a top club. He isnā€™t even a top 10 manager in Pl

All managers better than Arteta in pl no order:
Frank, de zerbi, Pep, Unai, Moyes, Klopp, Silva, Eth, Ange, Eddie Howe.

Half the managers in Italy and Spain bury this tosser as well.

Bring in the guy at sociedad or Feyenord they are way better than this w.nker who invents formations and buys flops from rivals to pay them a million a month and hug the fear out of them.
Sleep Yawn GIF

Arsenal Quotes

I cannot classify the moments of happiness and of sadness, but every defeat is a scar in your heart that you never forget.

ArsĆØne Wenger

Daily Transfer Updates

Sunday, May 19

RB Leipzig want to offer Benjamin ŠeŔko a new contract to stay for one more year [Fabrizio Romano]

Arsenal are the negotiating table for Fenerbache LB Ferdi Kadıoğlu [Takvim via Sport_Witness]

Latest posts

Top Bottom