• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Your current top 10 Premier League managers

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer
We won the Fa Cup when we were still playing 3 ATB though once we implemented Arteta’s own style we’ve been pretty poor in the cup.

What am I supposed to give Emery credit for other than his accomplishments?

You don't see the irony of this post?

You minimize Arteta's achievement but give full credit to Emery for winning something you don't think has much if any value.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
You don't see the irony of this post?

You minimize Arteta's achievement but give full credit to Emery for winning something you don't think has much if any value.
There is no irony in the post you just didn't understand it. I said Arteta won the FA cup when we were playing 3 ATB not his prefrence but since we switched to his style we've been poor in the cups.

I don't know why you keep putting words in my mouth about the Europa league, the only cup I said had no value is that Conference league bullsh*t West Ham won. I would kill for Arsenal to win the Europa league but Arteta hasn't been able to do it.

If you have an actual point make it otherwise stop this passive aggressive nonsense.

MauveGunner

Player:Rice
Not going into making a list. Pep is tactically clear off the rest. Klopt and Arteta complete the top 3 imo. The rest is up to personal preference imo. Sometimes a trainer and a coach are just made for eachother, while other managers are journeymen who are good with one team, but fail with another.

The one I really look forward to next year is Kompany. Last year I never expected him to do what he did in the Championship with Burnley. It always felt a weird choice for me. At RSCA he was known for his footballing idea's and Burney is was your typical Kick&Rush team that never was know for it's good football. Coupled that with some players from the Belgian competition (who never really stood out) and the limited budget he had at the beginning.

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer
I don't know why you keep putting words in my mouth about the Europa league, the only cup I said had no value is that Conference league bullsh*t West Ham won. I would kill for Arsenal to win the Europa league but Arteta hasn't been able to do it.

rSdzyp1.png

0O6sO1x.png

QEYYCRX.png

LPHHBnH.png

fuhCwRK.png

hWB7I2E.png

FW4e3Ng.png

ZM9LdMr.png

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
You went out of your way to researching my posts just to take jokes and facetious comments too seriously. Everyone was sh*tting on the Europa league on this forum doesn't mean we don't want to win it. Last time West Ham were in it Rice was crying in the changing room so it shows it means something.

Regardless does this make Emery less accomplished than Arteta? I know you're desperate for a win against me but this is just petty really, you know i'm right.

UpTheGunnerz

Vrei sa pleci dar una una iei

Player:Elneny
Will never rate that German psychopath passion merchant

Liked him well enough in Dortmund tho

Vinci

The Sultan of Unai

I think it’s a bit hard to judge Unai Emery just off his stint at the club. It was always going to be a very difficult job for any manager taking over straight after Arsène, the same with Alex Ferguson too. You could see the club were reluctant to back him and changed the whole structure with Con Raul and Mislintat taking control with some of the transfers and Emery just had to work with what he had available. He didn’t even get his preferred choice of signings but still got us to the Europa League final in his first season and missed out on a CL place by a single point.

He was very unfortunate with the timing of when he came in imo.
Yeah, true.

There was no real strategy to transfers. The obvious signing is Pepe, when he wanted Zaha. But also a lot of aging players like Lichtsteiner, Luiz, Sokratis and a bit of a punt on youngsters like Guendouzi, Martinelli, Saliba. The latter two who weren't ready for first-team football.

Macho

DJ Machodemiks
Dusted 🔻

1. Arteta
2. Arteta
3. Arteta
4. Arteta
5. Arteta
6. Arteta
7. Arteta
8. Arteta
9. Arteta
10. Arteta

just to balance out @Macho's post which scandalously didn't include him

Arteta’s moved up since I made that post but for balance sure let’s have it.

All jokes and biases aside I think only the top 2 are set in stone with the rest to play for it’s not that straight forward.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

It depends what criteria you're basing it on too.

Because if we're basing it on the jobs managers did in the PL last season, Steve Cooper deserves to be in the top 5 easily.

Keeping Forest up was a bigger achievement than what Frank or De Zerbi did last season tbh. He's just not hipster cool like them :lol:

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

It depends what criteria you're basing it on too.

Because if we're basing it on the jobs managers did in the PL last season, Steve Cooper deserves to be in the top 5 easily.

Keeping Forest up was a bigger achievement than what Frank or De Zerbi did last season tbh. He's just not hipster cool like them :lol:

How about Gary O’Neil? Bournemouth were everyone’s favourites to go down and sitting 20th before he took over and he helped them finish 15th.

Marco Silva deserves a shout too. He done a great job at Fulham last season.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

How about Gary O’Neil? Bournemouth were everyone’s favourites to go down and sitting 20th before he took over and he helped them finish 15th.

Marco Silva deserves a shout too. He done a great job at Fulham last season.

Yeah, O'Neil did great. It was a disgrace he got sacked really.

Silva did really well too.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Yeah, O'Neil did great. It was a disgrace he got sacked really.

Silva did really well too.
And Thomas Frank. His whole 25 man squad was less than Rice’s transfer fee and he finished 9th. That’s 10 places above his squad cost.

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli
Arteta’s moved up since I made that post but for balance sure let’s have it.

All jokes and biases aside I think only the top 2 are set in stone with the rest to play for it’s not that straight forward.

True, think Tets needs to win some serious silverware to overturn Pep tbh, his record is ridiculous.

Bloodbather

Established Member

Tier 1: Pep, Klopp
Tier 2: Arteta, Frank, De Zerbi, Howe, Ten Hag, Emery
Tier 3: Pochettino, Postecoglou

Arsenal Quotes

I’ve told Dave to cut off his ponytail. I think it makes him less aerodynamic.

Arsène Wenger

Daily Transfer Updates

Sunday, May 19

RB Leipzig want to offer Benjamin Šeško a new contract to stay for one more year [Fabrizio Romano]

Arsenal are the negotiating table for Fenerbache LB Ferdi Kadıoğlu [Takvim via Sport_Witness]

Latest posts

Top Bottom