• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Most overrated Arsenal players

Macho

DJ Machodemiks
Dusted 🔻

Has Giroud even had a moment like Auba did when he scored braces against City and Chelsea to win us the FA Cup?

Auba ended badly but a lot of you show Giroud too much love for his work experience at the club.

HattoriHanzo

Has Giroud even had a moment like Auba did when he scored braces against City and Chelsea to win us the FA Cup?

Auba ended badly but a lot of you show Giroud too much love for his work experience at the club.
Since I follow also AC Milan, I appreciate him even more.
He improved a lot since his Arsenal days, his finishing is top now.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Two FA cup final winning assists which were both top quality tbf.

outlawz

My hot take is that whilst it was this game that killed us off it wasn’t the Eduardo injury.

It was this from Clichy…

Still one of the worst things I’ve ever seen on a football pitch. What the actual f*ck was he doing?

Our “captain” then loses his head and storms off to sit on the halfway line which must have been incredible for morale. From there it seemed to snowball.

View attachment 21831
Not only did Clichy **** up royally, the worst thing about it is he won the ball.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Not only did Clichy **** up royally, the worst thing about it is he won the ball.

Yeah Mike Dean deserves to be shot in the sun I agree.

Can’t believe from when that header is won it was made into a 50/50 though. Just smash the ball down the field and it’s game over.

ArsenesCoatMaker

Established Member
That's my point. He was a tidy player from what we saw before the leg break. He wasn't great and he wasn't bad. He was good/ok but gets overrated by fans because they imagine he'd have gone on to be great, which is overrating him based on what we saw of him.

He had 12 goals in all comps by February including 2 braces in the league cup. He wasn't a regular starter but was racking up goals and assists. His finishing technique was similar to RVP too. He had 47 in 47 games the season before we signed him. He obviously wasn't the same player after suffering that injury.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Eduardo's "overrated-ness" basically comes from his injury (the way it happend and then how that match unfolded) costing us the title in 2008.

He was a quality player (never heard anyone say he was a great one) that was really starting to find his groove before all that ended...more a case of fans wishing that injury never happened, than thinking he was an elite player.

We really needed him then too... don't forget Van Persie got injured about a third into that season and we never got him really back to peak fitness/form for the rest of it, Eduardo was really stepping up.

Croatia should be gutted too as I think they could have done really well in the Euro's that summer with him, they had a quality team then but were just missing their finisher...think they could have gotten to the final with him in 2008.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Banners and planes, stripped of captaincy, 8th place finishes, regardless of it all each of his managers clinged onto the brudda for dear life and even with his brilliant final two seasons I still don't get how he more or less did a decade at the club of all the players that have come and gone.

Granit basically stole Undertaker's "decade of destruction" gimmick, but he didn't quite do it in the completely right way 😅

GDeep™

League is very weak
Saka is overrated for me amongst the Arsenal fans. Most have him as their “star boy” and he clearly isn’t that. Good PL level talent. Not a great footballer.

Ode is another one, overrated despite being a flat track bully, rarely performs in the big matches. Let’s see how he does against Porto away.

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
Saka: I love the kid, but some people on this forum were claiming he's better than Robben and Vini Jr. Let's chill on that. I've always said he could reach Mane levels and I stand by that, but let's not take the piss.

Balogun: I swear people were telling me we shouldn't entertain anything less than £50 million (myself included). However, Openda and Wahi were sold for a similar fee, and those two have managed to look good for their new clubs. I wish I could say the same for Balogun, but reports show that he's been struggling at Monaco.

ESR: I'm afraid he's not that guy anymore. He's lost his place in the England pecking order to Gallagher, Jones and Palmer. For his own sake, I hope he moves, and rebuilds his career like Gibbs-White has.

Ramsey: 13/14 and 17/18 he was on a mad one, but his injuries derailed both seasons. And when he was on his way back to fitness, he coughed up some truly terrible performances. Nice player, but I feel only Tories or Tory-sympathisers love Ramsey more than his worth to us.

Nasri: Good player, but he's the definition of the “streets won't forget” merchant. I liked him the most when he played centrally with Cesc and found his time on the left wing to be his worst period at Arsenal. That's just me.

Arshavin: He changed my life for those first six months, he was a superstar. But, I dislike how people blamed Wenger for killing Arshavin’s career because he decided to play him out wide. Arshavin had a poor work ethic and was homesick. A few games out wide didn't “kill” anything. It was even Arshavin’s best position.

Eduardo: A player that has been eulogised to infinity and beyond because he was assaulted by some no-name thug. But I still see Arsenal fans blame his horror injury for our capitulation in 07/08. He barely scored any league goals for us FFS and was at best our third best striker.

Guendouzi: Good player, but it's obvious that he was overrated by the fanbase because he challenged the unpopular Arteta. For all his spunk, he hasn't down much in his career. Yes, I'm aware that he received a MOTM award against Bayern, but let's be honest. Before that when was the last time Guendouzi’s name popped up?

Arsenal Quotes

When you grow up with a club and you end up playing for them and winning things, you are from that club. I was born here. I was formulated here.

Liam Brady

Latest posts

Top Bottom