• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Let's all laugh at Man Utd: Istanbald

Synical

Miss Superstitious

I've got no hope of these guys getting anything out of the United game. They are so so poor.

Goldbridge was saying they've had 60 injuries this season, which confused me. He didn't say it in a hyperbolic way- he said it matter-of-factly. I must have misheard and he meant 16, which would still be ridiculously high. 🤔
Just googled it and it's 47

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

I hope they sack ten Haag, they'll have to start all over again, and it will take years.

It is in these situations you need a strong board with a conviction to keep going. Fold to the pressure and sack the manager, begin all over again, and it is a neverending circle....

Bon voyage...

Dennis_Bergkamp_10

Established Member
United fans are in a good mood for Sunday.

1-3

**** manager, **** tactics, **** players.
The Brentford domination and tonight's implosion will massively kill morale before this. This could be another 5+
We’re gonna lose, and it won’t be by a single goal.
Bet they're ****ting themselves.
7 goals again but 1 for us and 6 for them.
Nail driven into the coffin.
Another chance for Liverpool to try and get our manager sacked this season.
Another 7-0, this time at home. Klopp's most famous win. EtH to get sacked after.
Hopefully this inevitable dry bumming will be the end of our clueless 'manager'
If they finish half of their chances this will be a slaughter
Open heart surgery, but without anesthesia.

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
If that happens, feel for who ever steals my draft picks.

View attachment 22944
Could well serve as a lucky charm for us if stars align.

And if we win the title at Old Trafford, I hope that when you come back to London with all other thousands of United matchgoing fans, you will join along the celebrations around Emirates. 😉

Hleb's Sirush

Established Member
I hope they sack ten Haag, they'll have to start all over again, and it will take years.

It is in these situations you need a strong board with a conviction to keep going. Fold to the pressure and sack the manager, begin all over again, and it is a neverending circle....

Bon voyage...
They are really in a difficult spot. Stay strong and keep the manager in the hope that he knows what he is doing and gradually builds them up again, which saves them from starting from scratch and wasting years during rebuild after rebuild or get rid of a clueless manager who will never get them to challenge and all he is doing is prolonging the rebuild they desperately need.

If he is the latter, keeping him and blindly hoping he turns it around is far worse than sacking him as they still will have to go through a few years of rebuilding plus whatever time they give him.

The ultimate question is has Ten Hag done enough to warrant keeping, is there something there that gives hope he is the right man? I'm not sure he has done anything to be backed with conviction.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
People in here actually debating the pen? 😕 Jesus (pun intended) it was an obvious pen ffs.

Also, come on Arsenal! Anyone but City and Pool. Nice to see a proper club back on top.

Remember when Brighton used to be "good'?

Good for Arsenal. Better them than the alternatives

The solidity that Rice gives Arsenal hurts to watch. Such an obvious signing that should have been prioritized over the years we were chasing names and fading stars. Would have sorted a key position for 6/7 years and then you just build around with more expansive players.

Got to hand it to arteta, completely transformed arsenal. We can only dream of being where they are now as a team :(

Credit to arsenal board for backing him and not listening to their fans or media who were calling for him to be sacked

He's good but Saliba has transformed their backline. Bit like when Sol Campbell joined them.

There is something much more resiliant about this Arsenal team.

I think too much was made of Arsenal's Xmas wobbles.

They aren't going away.

Arsenal look a lot more solid at the back than city and Liverpool.

Arsenal are a very impressive side and I think they are more convincing than Liverpool. As a United fan, I’m fed up of the club’s three biggest rivals constantly winning. Would be refreshing to see them draw or lose once in a fecking while mind.

Liverpool are the worry as they're doing just enough to get wins out when not playing well.

Arsenal are smashing the goals in, but will they have the tight 1-0 when it's all against them?

Arteta proved all the doubters wrong from last year. All the talk about last year being Arsenal’s chance blown as if they couldn’t go again or were not the real deal.

My last post of the day so just going to finish with that I hope Arsenal win the title this year. Credit to the club for sticking with him. People use his success as a benchmark for comparison for sticking with Ten Hag, but Arteta’s lows were never as littered with mind-bogglingly poor decisions on the daily and presiding over a team that looks completely systematically broken.

Can't say I've watched all their games, but whenever I have, I've been more impressed with them than City or Liverpool. As long as they don't bottle it mentally at the end I think they'll win the league

The funny thing is that all the "experts" reckoned Arsenal didn't have a chance because they didn't have a proper striker.

Yet they've outscored everyone.

Rice is just incredible at the moment unfortunately. And I count myself among the many who were delighted that we signed Casemiro instead of him last year.

My god I hope we put a spanner in Arsenals title challenge next month

Arsenal Quotes

I always wanted to play in English football and Arsenal and Highbury IS English football to me.

Dennis Bergkamp

Latest posts

Top Bottom