• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arteta’s Transfer Targets: Summer 2024

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 4,719
  • Views 238,653

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Left back I think Timber will be playing there next season even tho most people say he shouldn't but there no place for him because White been very good as RB.

teamsoutheast

Player:Ødegaard
He subbed kiwior at half time. He subbed Zinchenko many times during games to keep it time this season. He doesn’t have a LB he trust. I’m convinced he will buy one. Timber is 100% ball playing CB
No, they are tactical changes depending on the match situation.

Goonger

people talking about midfielders or strikers….what about left back? By far our biggest need. And if anyone says Timber they may as well say I’m an idiot

Are you saying Arteta won’t play him there, or are you saying we’d stupid to play him there?

teamsoutheast

Player:Ødegaard
We do need a top class CB who can rotate with Saliba/Gabriel. We are very fortunate that neither of them have had a long term injury as we wouldn't be where we are without them. Part of our collapse last season was when Saliba got injured and thankfully we have kept them both fit. Diomande (Sporting) or Yeny Loro (Lille), are very good options IMO. We also need to know if we are extending Jorginho or replacing him. Zubimendi is a good shout as he is a similar type of player (Deep-lying midfield controller/distributor/pass-master).

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Are you saying Arteta won’t play him there, or are you saying we’d stupid to play him there?
I’m saying he was bought as a CB and just because he played there to get minutes doesn’t mean that was the plan. The guy was bought as holding replacement

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I’m saying he was bought as a CB and just because he played there to get minutes doesn’t mean that was the plan. The guy was bought as holding replacement

How do you know that? You’re making assumptions based off no evidence.

Direct quote from Arteta: “Jurrien is a main one because he has a quality that nobody else has in the backline to actually effect, especially in the attacking phases, things that we do, in both positions or three positions. We have more flexibility now.”

He started the season as a left back, it’s obvious he was going to get a lot of game time there.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

How do you know that? You’re making assumptions based off no evidence.

Direct quote from Arteta: “Jurrien is a main one because he has a quality that nobody else has in the backline to actually effect, especially in the attacking phases, things that we do, in both positions or three positions. We have more flexibility now.”

He started the season as a left back, it’s obvious he was going to get a lot of game time there.
Let’s use logic then. The guy has played CB every single game the season before we bought him. Secondly the defence he joined had Holding leaving.

Yes we been unbelievably lucky Saliba and Gabriel has been injury free all season. But if one of them had injury and timber never got injured. I really believe he would play CB ahead of kiwior who I expect to be sold in the summer. I just don’t believe we scouted a right footed CB, spent 40 million on him because we believed he could be great LB. When have they seen him play there

Macho

DJ Machodemiks
Dusted 🔻

Let’s use logic then. The guy has played CB every single game the season before we bought him. Secondly the defence he joined had Holding leaving.

Yes we been unbelievably lucky Saliba and Gabriel has been injury free all season. But if one of them had injury and timber never got injured. I really believe he would play CB ahead of kiwior who I expect to be sold in the summer. I just don’t believe we scouted a right footed CB, spent 40 million on him because we believed he could be great LB. When have they seen him play there

I said the same thing, but Arteta man.

I don't get why so many are deadset on insisting he's a leftback (not sure what they get out of it) but we can't rule it out neither.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

I said the same thing, but Arteta man.

I don't get why so many are deadset on insisting he's a leftback (not sure what they get out of it) but we can't rule it out neither.
They got the idea from idea he was used there in pre season and first game. But in his first pre season game he played as rb. I just think it was a period where few guys were behind in fitness and Arteta already had his 3 starters fit and ready and wanted to give timber experience. But we can rule it out long term because at the highest level you can’t just take a guy who never played lb and just make him one. The data we have is 2-3 games which most players can do a job

TheDrunkenMaster

We do need a top class CB who can rotate with Saliba/Gabriel. We are very fortunate that neither of them have had a long term injury as we wouldn't be where we are without them. Part of our collapse last season was when Saliba got injured and thankfully we have kept them both fit. Diomande (Sporting) or Yeny Loro (Lille), are very good options IMO. We also need to know if we are extending Jorginho or replacing him. Zubimendi is a good shout as he is a similar type of player (Deep-lying midfield controller/distributor/pass-master).
We already have white, kiwior and tomiyasu. As arteta would never rotate the cbs it would be a waste of money signing another expensive cb

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
Upgrading on Zinchenko becoming a must Timber likely will be his replacement anyway. With way we play we can't have someone make 3 errors a game. Same with G.Jesus but with him I'll make him squad player and buy someone better. Still if good offer came we should consider selling he not same player when he joined

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Upgrading on Zinchenko becoming a must Timber likely will be his replacement anyway. With way we play we can't have someone make 3 errors a game. Same with G.Jesus but with him I'll make him squad player and buy someone better. Still if good offer came we should consider selling he not same player when he joined
Timber is CB. We will never have a season like this with starting CBs being injury free. That’s why timber was bought

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
Timber is CB. We will never have a season like this with starting CBs being injury free. That’s why timber was bought
agree but you know what gonna happen LB is available for him White Gab and Saliba places secured. likely we have to wait for pre season to see what the plans for him also i think he will play part for last 3-4 games of season if he managed to play U21 in these 1-2 weeks.

Arsenal Quotes

To all the Arsenal lovers:
Take care of the values of the club. My love and support forever.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom