• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Loss Bayern Munich 1 - 0 Arsenal | Wednesday 17th April | KO: 20:00 BST | TNT Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
GLYokuGXsAAWxB0

No nostalgia. No crying. No excuses.

Let’s just go out there and ruin someone’s night particularly Harold’s one please:

74828579-0-image-a-13_1693306103943.jpg

Martinelli G.Jesus Saka
Jorginho Ødegaard
Rice
Tomiyasu Gabriel Saliba White
Raya​

Bayern 0-2 Arsenal (Teta Luck remontada word to @Makingtrax )

db10_therza

🎵 Edu getting rickrolled 🎵
Trusted ⭐

Player:White
I’m in two minds about this.

Common sense says we should play compact with a mid block, cut off the supply to their runners and shït house our way to a 1-0 or penalties.

But at the same time it would seriously wreck me seeing us go out with a whimper. If we’re gonna go down at least go down fighting, take the cudgel and press it against their throat goddamit and if it’s not enough then that’s fine at least we tried.

Imagine going out on penalties to a Harry Kane winner ffs

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
We don’t need much, we need to go there and play the ball we know we can play. We are more than capable of putting in a mature performance and coming away with a 2-0 win.

The boys are good enough, we see it, the world sees it. It’s up to them to remind us all again.m

We are not going away.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
Prior to yesterday, I was expecting that we'd beat them comfortably. Now, who knows? Could see us thumping them or being thumped. The team selection will give us an idea of which is more likely. If that Donbas plumber is put out there at LB, there's no need to even watch.

Nunowoolmez

Established Member
I’m in two minds about this.

Common sense says we should play compact with a mid block, cut off the supply to their runners and shït house our way to a 1-0 or penalties.

But at the same time it would seriously wreck me seeing us go out with a whimper. If we’re gonna go down at least go down fighting, take the cudgel and press it against their throat goddamit and if it’s not enough then that’s fine at least we tried.

Imagine going out on penalties to a Harry Kane winner ffs
I don't think AM would survive. TV's & phones would be flying all over the place ! Lol

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

We don’t need much, we need to go there and play the ball we know we can play. We are more than capable of putting in a mature performance and coming away with a 2-0 win.

The boys are good enough, we see it, the world sees it. It’s up to them to remind us all again.m

We are not going away.

More interested in seeing whether Tuchel will set Bayern up to dictate the game as they didn’t have control at The Emirates. They had to resort to going long or fast counters with Sane, Gnabry, Musiala but the article below says the onus this time around should really be on them since they’re the home side which is why I think we should take a more cautious approach and play them at their game in hitting them on the break.

Thomas Tuchel’s Bayern have struggled to break teams down when they have lots of the ball this season, and many of their worst results have come when they have dominated possession to a significant degree. In fact, they have lost nine of the 27 games in which they have had more than 60% possession this term, but have lost none of the 13 in which they have had under 60% of the ball. Arsenal left space for Bayern to break into in the first leg and the visitors took advantage.

I watched the Leverkusen vs Bayern game in Feb when they lost 3-0. Alonso’s side let them have the ball and they done nothing with it whereas Leverkusen were pretty lethal in punishing them when they had their opportunities with fast transitions. That should be the blueprint.

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

-------------Raya--------------
White--Saliba--Gabriel--Tomi
--------Rice--Jorginho--------
----------Ødegaard-----------
Saka-----Havertz-----Jesus---

Team pretty much picks itself imo, Tomiyasu needs to play while I'm going Jesus over Trossard/Martinelli due to his CL pedigree. Could easily start Martinelli for pace on the counter and swap with either of Jesus/Trossard in the second half.

Thrice

This game will show us what this team is made of. A week ago we were a team filled with confidence facing a struggling Bayern team that people were giving no chance of getting anything at the Emirates.
Now a week and two games later we've lost all our confidence and they will give everything in their game of the season.

If this team has resilience and a winning mentality, now it's time to show it.

Sapient Hawk

Destiny's Hand 🖐🏿
Trusted ⭐

WELP, what a downer to play this after this weekend.

Hopefully the team responds well. My major concern is how their heads are going to cope with possibly letting the title slip vs. Villa, followed by a packed Allianz Arena.

Also hoping that Arteta keeps it simple, with Tomi at LB if his fitness permits and Havertz up top. Bring Jesus on if the game needs it or start him at the left wing over Martinelli/Trossard.

Just don't push Kai back to midfield.

If Chernobyl Charlie starts at LB it's curtains for us.

RedSquad

Bayern will win this 3:1 or so.. but you never know. They will be a way stronger next year so this is still the best time to play them.

They will most likely play like this:

Kane

Musiala Müller Sane

I hope they play Dier instead of a fast and quality defender like Upamecano. That would give us the chance for fast counter attacks.

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
Jesus-Havertz
Martinelli-Rice-Partey-Saka
Tomiyasu-Gabriel-Saliba-White
Raya

If Ødegaard is injured let's move to a 442. After ESR bottling out of duels, he should be punished, and Vieira needs to put on some weight before stepping on a stadium.

LookingForEric

Patronize me again and I'll destroy you 😖

I think we lose 4-2 or go through on pens. Cannot see a simple win at all.

If Ødegaard is out then I have very little optimism. Catalyst for a bit of a downward spiral potentially, let’s hope it doesn’t come to that!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

There is no chance of Sol ever leaving for Arsenal. He is a Spurs fan and there is not a hope in hell of him playing in an Arsenal shirt.

David Buchler, Tottenham Vice-Chairman, 2001

Latest posts

Top Bottom