• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Loss Bayern Munich 1 - 0 Arsenal | Wednesday 17th April | KO: 20:00 BST | TNT Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
GLYokuGXsAAWxB0

No nostalgia. No crying. No excuses.

Let’s just go out there and ruin someone’s night particularly Harold’s one please:

74828579-0-image-a-13_1693306103943.jpg

Martinelli G.Jesus Saka
Jorginho Ødegaard
Rice
Tomiyasu Gabriel Saliba White
Raya​

Bayern 0-2 Arsenal (Teta Luck remontada word to @Makingtrax )

TheEliteMaster100_

Turns up only when we lose
If the boys can't handle the pressure and adversity of this game to the worst Bayern Munich team in 15+ years then it says it all on the players and manager that they can't handle the pressure during the business end of the season when things matters. We have a full squad, it's for Arteta to make use of it, stop the tinkering.

Poch Sp**s era all but personified if that happens, people's doubts on Arsenal will magnifiy and we have nothing to refute them since there's enough tangible evidence on our lack of heart/mettle during run ins.

A season defining game to determine who has the cojones in our team and who we should be discarding.

A close eye will be on Ødegaard, 'Starboy' Magabozo, Saliba (great league form but can he replicate that in Europe?) Raya and Havertz.

Until then up the gunners. We went to the UCL final with a makeshift backline once.

Tuchel has nothing to play for other than this UCL since he's leaving in the summer.

Tomb Bombadil

There is a chance here but we'll need to play with discipline by keeping the distances tight between the lines and attack them in transition. I would start Tomiyasu, Partey and Martinelli.

Bayern are favourites being the home team and we're too mentally fragile after facing some setbacks. Whenever the game doesn't go to how Arteta planned, these players tend to crumble and self destruct. It's been like this for awhile now.

Hopefully Wednesday's different and we get a historic result.
Tomi yes
Partey no
Martinelli 50/50

Jorginho gives us more stability and I think we will play way more defensiv in this one. On the left side for me it's a 50/50 call for Martinelli or Jesus.

Raya
White - Saliba - Gabiel - Tomi
Ødegaard - Jorginho - Rice
Saka - Havertz - Martinelli​

Gunners1616

Need Rice at the 6 and Jorginho at the 8 this time around... No gift for Bayern. Also need Jesus for some chaos factor if he is motivated.

If you are going to go out, at least make it as hard as possible for Bayern.

Raya
Ødegaard - Rice - Jorginho
Saka - Havertz - Jesus

GoonerJay24

Tomi yes
Partey no
Martinelli 50/50

Jorginho gives us more stability and I think we will play way more defensiv in this one. On the left side for me it's a 50/50 call for Martinelli or Jesus.

Raya
Ødegaard - Jorginho - Rice
Saka - Havertz - Martinelli​

If we're playing more defensive, you'd want Partey over Jorginho. I know the latter provides more stability and maybe, experience but we saw how he struggled against them last match. Parteys physically better and at screening the defence. Just have him and Rice sitting with Ødegaard in the 10.

It wouldn't surprise me though if Jorgi plays as he didn't start yesterday. But I think Mikel should take a chance on Partey, our best midfielder when fit.

Gooner505

You brittle fans predicting collapse don’t deserve this team. I’m staying positive and hoping we get past that Villa game and win vs a shaky Bayern squad.

The whole point of being in this position is to enjoy it. What’s the point of building a contending team if you’re constantly miserable about the results? Winning elite leagues is extremely difficult. That’s why it’s a goal to strive for. If we’re not there this season, I have no doubt in my mind that Arteta will do what it takes to get us there in the future. Believe.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Raya
White-Saliba-Gabriel-Tomiyasu
Jorginho-Rice
Saka-Ødegaard-Martinelli
Havertz
...would slightly tweak it so it's a double pivot rather than 2 attacking 8s, feel we need that base here.

Just gotta hope the players aren't mentally broken after yesterday, hope and pray 🙏

Sapient Hawk

Destiny's Hand 🖐🏿
Trusted ⭐

Raya
Jorginho-Rice
Saka-Ødegaard-Martinelli
Havertz
...would slightly tweak it so it's a double pivot rather than 2 attacking 8s, feel we need that base here.

Just gotta hope the players aren't mentally broken after yesterday, hope and pray 🙏

Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment.

It's pretty much just the same "hope" that Wolverine had in the film Logan, I am just going through the motions waiting for an evil version of myself to kill me with titanium claws 👍

HighburyHigh

I'm not honestly even gonna bother watch it. I'm putting my phone on silent and I'll check in the morning how many we got beat by. I can't bare to watch that dribbly faced mong score against us to knock us out.

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
Raya
Jorginho-Rice
Saka-Ødegaard-Martinelli
Havertz

Have to say if they are mentally broken and not f*cking livid with their performance they are a bunch of absolute pussies.

Tom Mix

Losing team picks itself. If we play the team that drew at home, we lose. They couldn't do it here they'll struggle to do it there when they all looked whacked in the second half yesterday. Bayern had an extra day's rest and rested some key players.

No, something different is needed here. Look at the FA Cup win when we beat City in the semis, that should be the model.

I would play Kiwior at the back with Saliba, Gabriel and Tomiyasu. I'd start with Rice, Partey and White in midfield. Havertz up front flanked by Jesus and Saka. A big team with seven players who can head the ball. Jesus and Saka's role to get free-kicks and corners and put pressure on them.

Second half, depending on how things go, take off the hand brake and bring on Ødegaard and Martinelli and Trossard.

Hard to see how we win by just going through the motions. It's not about how good the players are it's about the advantage Bayern have from having a more rested team, apart from home advantage. Do something different or go quietly into that dark night.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
WELP, what a downer to play this after this weekend.

Hopefully the team responds well. My major concern is how their heads are going to cope with possibly letting the title slip vs. Villa, followed by a packed Allianz Arena.

Also hoping that Arteta keeps it simple, with Tomi at LB if his fitness permits and Havertz up top. Bring Jesus on if the game needs it or start him at the left wing over Martinelli/Trossard.

Just don't push Kai back to midfield.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
LB will be a dilemma. Can't be Kiwior, Zinchenko is a known risk defensively and going with Tomiyasu now feels a bit like just seeing what sticks.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

I expect
Raya
White Saliba Gabriel Tomiyasu
Rice Jorginho
Saka Ødegaard Jesus
Havertz

3-1 Bayern 2 from Kane 1 pen

HighburyHigh

4-0 Arsenal, with Kane sent off for allegedly licking the top of Jesus' head, with the former protesting his innocence saying playing with his tongue out is his natural resting b*tch face, Jesus tips his head to the ref showing the saliva patch and that was enough for the ref to show red.

We then we go on an amazing rampaging run in in the PL, winning every remaining game, we also beat Cheaty home and away in the semi final and beat Barcelona 3-2 in the final.

In the meantime prior to all this, because we humiliated Cheaty home & away, they lose 2 games in the PL with pundits putting it down to PTSD after suffering an Eddie Nketiah hat-trick at the emirates and a Jesus diving header into the top corner from around the penalty spot at the emptyhad to seal their fate, had us crowned champions of England & Europe.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I always wanted to play in English football and Arsenal and Highbury IS English football to me.

Dennis Bergkamp
Top Bottom