• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Thomas Partey: Body Falling Apartey

Sebastes

Statbomb Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Watching that game compilation and realizing too many of the passes would fit on certain man’s season highlight reel be like

1713941907075.jpeg

Hleb's Sirush

Established Member
Not sure why AM needs to be reminded what a fit Partey brings to the table. Yes he will lose the ball on occasions in dangerous areas but that is because he makes daring passes that take out a few opposition players at a time. You will never get rid of that but the benefits are huge. Don't think Saka or Rice received the passes they were getting from him in just this game in 10 games when he wasn't there.

Also absolutely no coincidence that Ode reaches God level when Partey frees him up. I was convinced he would start Bayern away as that was just the game that suits him. Ah never mind now. Hope he stay fit AND focused for the rest of the season and we will be eating well.

LookingForEric

Patronize me again and I'll destroy you 😖

Not sure why AM needs to be reminded what a fit Partey brings to the table. Yes he will lose the ball on occasions in dangerous areas but that is because he makes daring passes that take out a few opposition players at a time. You will never get rid of that but the benefits are huge. Don't think Saka or Rice received the passes they were getting from him in just this game in 10 games when he wasn't there.

Also absolutely no coincidence that Ode reaches God level when Partey frees him up. I was convinced he would start Bayern away as that was just the game that suits him. Ah never mind now. Hope he stay fit AND focused for the rest of the season and we will be eating well.

It’s because he’s been out for so long and can’t be relied upon, we’ve given up hope with him. But it just shows even more that we need a deeper CM in the summer and not another 8.

Ødegaard doesn’t have to drop as deep so like you said just gets completely unlocked.

Tnegs

A lot of quick one passes. Rice has his qualities. But Rice doesn’t make that one touch pass Partey gave him. Not that it’s difficult. But he takes a touch and go forward before releasing it. Makes big difference in the flow of our game.

Why he wasn’t used vs Bayern or Villa I will never know
That choice of song tho lol. Dangerous world we live in where a man’s reputation can be ruined and judged guilty in the court of public opinion based on mere allegations.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
Was still in the pub sipping Guiness when the team news broke had to ask my mate 4 times if he made a mistake when he said TP5 was starting. We were all shocked and concerned if truth be told. The gamble paid off big time, will Arteta repeat against sp*rs??

Hleb's Sirush

Established Member
It’s because he’s been out for so long and can’t be relied upon, we’ve given up hope with him. But it just shows even more that we need a deeper CM in the summer and not another 8.

Ødegaard doesn’t have to drop as deep so like you said just gets completely unlocked.
I know he can't be relied on because of injuries. But people were questioning his quality. Think Mitch started the Shartey moniker but a few others jumped on it. Completely forgetting he was excellent for 2/3 of last season. Sadly don't think we can get those kind of performances from him for much longer.

Yes a Partey replacement should be a priority in the summer.

db10_therza

🎵 Edu getting rickrolled 🎵
Trusted ⭐

Player:White
I’m gonna zig while AM zags here and say we absolutely should not be looking for a Partey replacement.

Firstly I just need to be clear that I want him out of this club, but that has no bearing on the rest of the post.

Like @TheEliteMaster100_ and many others before him have said, Partey on the ball is a unicorn. Not even Rodri can play through the press like he can. He is a one off in this respect, regardless of some of his shortcomings when out of possession. Having him AND Rice at the base of our midfield with their ridiculously complementary skill sets is like a cheat code.

But….

The thing with Unicorns is that they don’t come around pretty often. Basing our entire tactical set up around a unicorn is a strategy fraught with key man risk. It is not easily repeatable. City have a similar problem with Rodri - just look at how they drop when he doesn’t play.

This is not just an issue when said player is unavailable but also when it’s time to get a replacement. Just look at the struggles AM is having in identifying possible replacements - even guys with ⚽🎓 like @2Smokeyy are out here on their knees suggesting names like plumbotka fs.

I can think of way way more elite b2b types than Partey types. Chain yourself to this ball at your own peril.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
I’m gonna zig while AM zags here and say we absolutely should not be looking for a Partey replacement.
Don't do that, you know well he will be broken again next season and we will regret it.

This only shows us how badly we need a midfielder of his quality. Our defense and midfield are amazing already and they would be perfect with that addition

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Firstly I just need to be clear that I want him out of this club, but that has no bearing on the rest of the post.

Like @TheEliteMaster100_ and many others before him have said, Partey on the ball is a unicorn. Not even Rodri can play through the press like he can. He is a one off in this respect, regardless of some of his shortcomings when out of possession. Having him AND Rice at the base of our midfield with their ridiculously complementary skill sets is like a cheat code.

But….

The thing with Unicorns is that they don’t come around pretty often. Basing our entire tactical set up around a unicorn is a strategy fraught with key man risk. It is not easily repeatable. City have a similar problem with Rodri - just look at how they drop when he doesn’t play.

This is not just an issue when said player is unavailable but also when it’s time to get a replacement. Just look at the struggles AM is having in identifying possible replacements - even guys with ⚽🎓 like @2Smokeyy are out here on their knees suggesting names like plumbotka fs.

I can think of way way more elite b2b types than Partey types. Chain yourself to this ball at your own peril.

:lol:

I just don’t want us splashing everything on a player who we’ll try to play in the 6 as a like for like replacement. In an ideal world if we’re selling TP5 then we need two midfielders in the 6 and 8.

I’d rather a cheapish 20m stop gap like Jorginho with a very good passing range as Declan Rice’s athleticism can bail them out which will enable us to spend the bulk on a Paqueta or someone of that ilk. The main issue for me is a creative 8 and that’s where I want us to place the majority of our focus next summer as another season of Ødegaard as our only or main creative player is risky to me.

db10_therza

Trusted ⭐

Don't do that, you know well he will be broken again next season and we will regret it.

This only shows us how badly we need a midfielder of his quality. Our defense and midfield are amazing already and they would be perfect with that addition

You didn’t read the rest of my post did you 😝 ?

I’m basically saying we shouldn’t replace him because to quote the bald one “we cannot replace him”…

I’m not saying we shouldn’t get a midfielder!

db10_therza

Trusted ⭐

:lol:

I just don’t want us splashing everything on a player who we’ll try to play in the 6 as a like for like replacement. In an ideal world if we’re selling TP5 then we need two midfielders in the 6 and 8.

I’d rather a cheapish 20m stop gap like Jorginho with a very good passing range as Declan Rice’s athleticism can bail them out which will enable us to spend the bulk on a Paqueta or someone of that ilk. The main issue for me is a creative 8 and that’s where I want us to place the majority of our focus next summer as another season of Ødegaard as our only or main creative player is risky to me.

Yeah ok we’re actually completely aligned on this in that case 👏

The main point I’m trying to make is that we shouldn’t be building a system where we need a unicorn like Partey to break through the press.

There are other ways to get through a press. More repeatable ways…

berric

Established Member

Player:Trossard
Guess we can keep him for a part-role next season unless an offer comes (which is doubtful). Jorginho is probably off to Italy, Elneny is gone. So to have new signing/Partey/Lewis-Skelly (pipe dream) is a good set of midfielders for different ocassions.

ArsenesCoatMaker

Established Member
He's been complete ass this season from the 3-4 games I've seen. Would be a disaster signing at 29 IMO.

if you want someone who can sit deeper and spray passes against a press I'd look at someone like Aleix Garcia from Girona instead, bit of a late bloomer but I've seen this guy control an entire game a handful of times this season.

I've called for him before, very classy player, a large reason Girona have somehow got to 3rd place in La Liga. I reckon he'll be coming to the PL soon. Look at his progressive passes and assists stats below. I don't see Arteta trusting the physicality of someone from a La Liga team. Although I'd be glad to be wrong. I imagine someone like Brighton first will go for him. Although if United's recruitment model has improved they should be all over him like a rash.

jaystewart

Low-key our best player. Crazy pedigree but his tenure here has been a disaster. He was injury free prior to Arsenal, its a tragedy.

Dennis_Bergkamp_10

Established Member
Trossard said in an interview this year that Partey is the most underrated player in our squad. Last night showed it.

Too bad he can't stay fit. But if he does the business at Sp**s we should rename the thread in a positive way.

Arsenal Quotes

When Patrick Vieira came over from AC Milan, he didn’t know a word of English. We gave him accommodation, phone, car and an English teacher. I talked to Patrick in fluent French and before a game I asked in French, can you speak a bit of English to me? Patrick nodded and replied: Tottenham are shit!

David Dein

Latest posts

Top Bottom