• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alexander Hleb

Status
Not open for further replies.

gunnertilldeath

Established Member
looks like he's in the bag. the BBC and the guardian confirm Arsène's comments and they usually do a good job of confirming statements. this is really good news for us. plus quincy is making scouts kiss donkeys with his incredible exploits at the youth championships. i think this could be his breakthrough season. the kid is really frightening. my nigeria play holland today. i'll be watching very keenly. looks like mikel obi is as solid a player as manure and chavski make him sound. i'm really happy about this hleb news though. hopefully there's an official announcement by monday.

PS. i'm not dead. just been in ghana. very limited internet access. thought i'd pay you folks a visit. i'll be back in the US in august and be reunited with my 247 connenction and all will be well with the world. later.

teitzo

I've never really been a fan of tribalfootball. and it kinda surprises me that their the firsts to report on it.
but if its true; 25k a week, not bad.
He'll be officially unveiled next week, can't wait.

Legend#1

Established Member
asajoseph said:
Apparently, according to this website, Dein flew to Germany to complete the transfer last night.

David Dein is an absolute legend in my eyes.. just for the record.

What website asa?

9Reyes

yahooo
Finally some good news this summer!!!
Hleb is going to strenght our very much.....if we just get a new goalie and maybe new striker.....we are going to win the league next season!!!!!!!!!!

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
i havent seen a thread this long in QUITE some time... longer than when Reyes actually DID sign...

on a different note, IF (and i mean IF) we have signed Hleb, I don't know that SWP will be coming this season....

stormtrooper

9Reyes said:
yahooo
Finally some good news this summer!!!
Hleb is going to strenght our very much.....if we just get a new goalie and maybe new striker.....we are going to win the league next season!!!!!!!!!!
sadly i dont think we will mate i can see those chelscumski dominating for the next few years iv got this bad feeling we wont be able to keep up with the **** i hope do im wrong but sadly i see scumski running away with it all :evil:

seb_afc

Established Member
dont be so pesimistic stormtrooper, ! im sure wenger knows what hes doing and has the situation under control. we can beat all these ****ty teams that we ****ed up against last year. i mean think about who we ****ed up against...southampton TWICE, west brom, palace, birminigham, Bolton... surely we can beat this ****. and as for chelsea..when was the last time they beat us in the league?

the dawn raids

Established Member
USArsenal said:
i havent seen a thread this long in QUITE some time... longer than when Reyes actually DID sign...

well how long have we been linked with him? quite a while, so i wouldnt say its that suprising.

teitzo

how come that sportnetwork site didn't show up on goonernews.com ??? thats annoying.
we don't need another no.1 keeper, maybe a new 2nd keeper though.
We should get 1 more attacking orientated player, maybe this adebayor guy who sounds alright (though i must admit i've never seen him play), but we should be getting ready to make one god-arwfully big bid for swp.

asajoseph

Established Member
Does anyone know if Hleb has dual nationality? Because it would seem that Hleb doesn't meet the work permit criteria listed here

http://www.workingintheuk.gov.uk/workin ... tonly.html
1- A player must have played for his country in at least 75% of its competitive 'A' team matches he was available for selection, during the two years preceding the date of the application; and,
2 - The player's country must be at or above 70th place in the official FIFA world rankings when averaged over the two years preceding the date of the application.

Belarus currently rank 83rd in the world over the last two years according to home office regulations here...

http://www.workingintheuk.gov.uk/workin ... kings.html

Erm... am I missing something obvious?

Spike

Established Member
I thought work permits only applied to those entering from outside Europe? And as Hleb is from an European country (Belarus), I presume he doesn't need a work permit.

Or am I missing something aswell like Joseph? :roll:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Dennis Bergkamp is the club's unconditional idol, a perfectionist whom I never saw make a careless technical move.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Daily Transfer Updates

Friday, May 17

Cedric and Mohamed Elneny will leave the clubs when their contracts expire this summer [Fabrizio Romano]

Newcastle have joined Arsenal and Liverpool in the race to sign Barcelona winger Raphinha [TBR Football]

Arsenal are keen on Benfica’s 21 year old striker Marcos Leonardo [TBR Football]

Aaron Ramsdale denies agreement to join Newcastle:

Talks have progressed over a deal to take Ramsdale to Newcastle, in a potential £15m deal [Luke Edwards and Sam Dean - Telegraph]

Latest posts

Top Bottom