• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alexander Hleb

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spike

Established Member
I thought work permits only applied to those entering from outside Europe? And as Hleb is from an European country (Belarus), I presume he doesn't need a work permit.

Or am I missing something aswell like Joseph? :roll:

Spike

Established Member
Damn, you're right, I just checked on the EU site and they aren't part of it. I'm sure he will be given the work permit though, it's very unlikely that he will be rejected entry.

sukiarsenal

the laws are different for uk. hes only got 10 caps for belarus also. isnt it something like u have to have played 75% of your countries internationals in the last 2 years ?

lets hope they've only played 10 games in the last 2 years

seb_afc

Established Member
yeah he plays all the time for belarus so he shouldnt have a problem. he probably has a german passport anyway.

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
although, just looked at WC qualifiers, he has only played in 3 of 6 for Belarus so far... dont know if he was hurt for the rest, but he may not have played in 75% in the last 2 years

A

Anonymous

if he's so good at 24 and belarus only star, why the hel did he only play 10 times for his country- owen for example is a year older and has played over 60 times!!!

that IMO, is a poor return...

turtle

Playing in 75% of the games in the last 2 years is one way of getting work permit. Arsenal can also appeal and say he is an extraordinary talent that will improve the team, the office can grant a work permit for a player that can contribute significantly to the development of the game at the top level in UK.

Soler

Established Member
VavaGoon said:
if he's so good at 24 and belarus only star, why the hel did he only play 10 times for his country- owen for example is a year older and has played over 60 times!!!

that IMO, is a poor return...

Belarus don't exactly play the same amount of games as England do, and there's a good chance in that he doesn't play in their pointless friendlies like Owen does for England.

asajoseph

Established Member
People missed the point about Hleb and his work permit - the issue is that Belarus are currently not in the top 70 in the world (by home office measures, link provided in earlier post). The number of games he plays for them is irrelevant.

Therefore, he has to take it to appeal and prove this

The panel's terms of reference are to consider whether the player is of the highest calibre and able to contribute significantly to the development of the game at the top level in UK.

in front of a review panel. Hopefully, that part shouldn't be a problem, although you never can tell...

Jens1893

The 6m thing from the Mirror is bs. No fee has been agreed. This has been repeatedly said over the past few days and every paper or website that reported it quoted the Mirror. The player himself has been given an extended summer holiday and isn´t expected to report back until Thursday.

asajoseph

Established Member
Thursday (30th) is the first day of Stuttgart's pre-season training. If he turns up there, I'd suspect any deal is dead.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

There is no chance of Sol ever leaving for Arsenal. He is a Spurs fan and there is not a hope in hell of him playing in an Arsenal shirt.

David Buchler, Tottenham Vice-Chairman, 2001

Daily Transfer Updates

Wednesday, May 22

Manchester United have joined Arsenal in the race to sign Ajax LB Jorrel Hato, but the player prefers a move to North London [HITC]

Benjamin Šeško will decide before the Euros whether he wants to leave Leipzig or sign a new contract [Fabrizio Romano]

Arsenal have made an official offer of €20m + €5m add-ons to Fenerbache for LB Ferdi Kadıoğlu [Sabah Spor]

Arsenal are interested in Feyenoord GK Justin Bijlow [Telegraaf]

Justin Bijlow could be available for around £10m [John Cross - The Mirror]

Newcastle are adamant Bruno Guimaraes will not be leaving the club unless his release clause is triggered [The Telegraph]

Arsenal admire Newcastle forward Alexander Isak, but the club insist they will not discuss a deal for less than double the £90m price being mentioned in the media [The Telegraph]

Sambi Lokonga says he has decided to leave Arsenal and his agent is now looking for a solution [Chris Wheatley]

Latest posts

Top Bottom