• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Andreas Isaksson

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sammer

Established Member
Maybe we should rather sign the goalkeeping coach from Rennes.

First Cech, now Isaacksson - someone must have an extremely good understanding about goalkeeping there.

Taozhe

Sammer said:

First Cech, now Isaacksson - someone must have an extremely good understanding about goalkeeping there.

Sentiments the same Sammer.

Sammer

Established Member
How about that: as I will spend some vacation en Bretagne soon, Rennes is on my way...so I´ll just drop buy and make Lollichon&Hiard an offer they can´t refuse :wink:

arsenal4life

Sammer said:

very good point Sammer
and we really need some changs in our coaching stuff
and the goalkeeper coach is one of these positions indeed

Jkreffer

Established Member
Jens is suspended for the first to games of the EC. Almunia has broken his finger, so it looks like we will need to purchase someone quality. Isaksson would be fantastic, as he would push Lehmann to play well too. Almunia cannot do that as realstically he isn't good enough to disloge Jens full time.

GoonerGurjit

Established Member
£4m for Isaksson would be reasonable. You'll be hard pushed to find a quality, young goalkeeper with international experience for such a reasonable amount.

AFCG7

Established Member
Unless its not a bad break and Almunia recovers in time.. then we wont be going for anther keeper.

Sir YoL

Since I'm a swede I've followed Isaksson since the begining of his career in Trelleborg (at the time they were playing in Allsvenskan, the top league here in Sweden. Now they have dropped one division). You could tell he was class from day one and I think it was allready in his first year with the first team that Juventus spoted him and bought him, unfortunately it didn't work out for him there. He was very young and the fact he didn't seem to enjoy his personal life down there made him want to return home.

He returned to Allsvenskan and the team Djurgården. He was brilliant in basically every game and went on to be champions with Djurgården two times in about 2-3 years. The first league wins for Djurgården in a very long time. And once again he was the subject of intense speculation about a move abroad.

And after enjoying a hugely impressive Euro 2004 for Sweden which caught the eye of many top clubs in Europe he finally decided to joy Rennes, a perfect environment for him to follow in the foot steps of Petr Cech who of course joined CFC for rediculous money.

Now he's finished his first season abroad and is recieving glowing praise for his perfomances. The coach of Rennes for example thinks Isaksson has more talent than Cech, but needs be refined a bit more before he surpasses Cech.

He's tall, good in the air, athletic, agile, has very good reflexes, makes good decisions coming out of his area. The only thing he needs to improve is his feet, not that he's bad but not top class.

In my opinion I don't think there's much to think about, BUY HIM!! :D

Canuck

Established Member
I think that not signing a keeper because your striker doesn't like him is absolutely daft and I think Wenger is a much smarter man than that.

asajoseph

Established Member
You know, it's a neverending mystery to me why Arsène doesn't make a big push for Isaaksson. In one fell swoop we could remove Comedy Manuel from the frame and get us a keeper capable of playing for us for the next 12-14 years. And for far less than 10 million too.

Of course, if he were a forward, we'd have snapped him up ages ago...

Sorry for the double post.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I will sign every contract Arsenal put in front of me without reading it.

Tony Adams

Daily Transfer Updates

Friday, May 17

Cedric and Mohamed Elneny will leave the clubs when their contracts expire this summer [Fabrizio Romano]

Newcastle have joined Arsenal and Liverpool in the race to sign Barcelona winger Raphinha [TBR Football]

Arsenal are keen on Benfica’s 21 year old striker Marcos Leonardo [TBR Football]

Aaron Ramsdale denies agreement to join Newcastle:

Talks have progressed over a deal to take Ramsdale to Newcastle, in a potential £15m deal [Luke Edwards and Sam Dean - Telegraph]

Latest posts

Top Bottom