• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Andreas Isaksson

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legend#1

Established Member
Well.. if he bought Isaksson.. he wouldn't be able to keep both him and Lehmann happy.. he probably feels he owes Lehmann this last season due to his World Cup chances.. so he'll look for a long term keeper next season.. i'm sure of this.

Legend#1

Established Member
fuma75 said:
Arsène doesnt owe Lehmann sh*t.
why the hell does he have to make him happy?

How do you know what goes on behind the scenes..

You know how close Wenger is to the players..

Capitano

Legend#1 said:
Well.. if he bought Isaksson.. he wouldn't be able to keep both him and Lehmann happy.. he probably feels he owes Lehmann this last season due to his World Cup chances.. so he'll look for a long term keeper next season.. i'm sure of this.
Agreed. I said the same thing in another thread.
I don't like it, but I think that's the case.
Maybe not so much owing, but more hoping/thinking he will bring a consisten, high-level of play with that added incentive (WC).

fuma75

he was same old Lehmann at Confederations cup.
slappy mistakes again and again....
i just dont wanna see him any more.

invisibleman18

Established Member
does seem strange not to be going for this guy. but i also think its the case of giving lehmann 1 more season.

PS. how come the jenas thread has been locked?

AFCG7

Established Member
fook Lehmann... he needs competition.. if we sign Isakksson that will make Lehmann concentrate harder. Its better for us to have 2 great keepers.

Legend#1

Established Member
AFCG7 said:
fook Lehmann... he needs competition.. if we sign Isakksson that will make Lehmann concentrate harder. Its better for us to have 2 great keepers.

It isn't my opinion.. it's what I think Wenger is doing though.

OneProudGooner

Established Member
I've thought the same all summer he is 100% behind Lehmann and doesn't want to replace him until at least at the end of next season the only keeper we would buy is someone like Shabaan like a few years ago.

asajoseph

Established Member
If Wenger doesn't sign a proper goalkeeper this summer to replace Almunia and challenge Lehmann, and instead plays a 'wait 'til it breaks before I fix it' with Jens, I'm going to be rather annoyed...

Arsenal316

asajoseph said:
If Wenger doesn't sign a proper goalkeeper this summer to replace Almunia and challenge Lehmann, and instead plays a 'wait 'til it breaks before I fix it' with Jens, I'm going to be rather annoyed...

Meh, you'll get over it. :p

gstew

invisibleman18 said:
does seem strange not to be going for this guy. but i also think its the case of giving lehmann 1 more season.

PS. how come the jenas thread has been locked?

Probably because Jenas became European Cup tied today by playing in the Intertoto.

ajameshowe

Alot of people seem to be saying that Jenas or any one else who is playing in the Intertoto is cup tied, but I can't see how you can be cup tied from a completely different competition as the Intertoto is qualifing for the UEFA Cup and not the Champions League??

Ratinho

Established Member
ajameshowe said:
Alot of people seem to be saying that Jenas or any one else who is playing in the Intertoto is cup tied, but I can't see how you can be cup tied from a completely different competition as the Intertoto is qualifing for the UEFA Cup and not the Champions League??

It's a UEFA tournament. You might not be able to see it, but that doesn't stop it being the case.

Canuck

Established Member
Ratinho said:
ajameshowe said:

It's a UEFA tournament. You might not be able to see it, but that doesn't stop it being the case.
But it's a qualifying tourney for the bigger UEFA Cup and it's played in the off season during a transfer window so I wouldn't be suprised to find out that UEFA have made allowances for players involved in Intertoto to be elidgable for Champs League.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Nobody has enough talent to live on talent alone. Even when you have talent, a life without work goes nowhere

Arsène Wenger

Daily Transfer Updates

Wednesday, May 22

Manchester United have joined Arsenal in the race to sign Ajax LB Jorrel Hato, but the player prefers a move to North London [HITC]

Benjamin Šeško will decide before the Euros whether he wants to leave Leipzig or sign a new contract [Fabrizio Romano]

Arsenal have made an official offer of €20m + €5m add-ons to Fenerbache for LB Ferdi Kadıoğlu [Sabah Spor]

Arsenal are interested in Feyenoord GK Justin Bijlow [Telegraaf]

Justin Bijlow could be available for around £10m [John Cross - The Mirror]

Newcastle are adamant Bruno Guimaraes will not be leaving the club unless his release clause is triggered [The Telegraph]

Arsenal admire Newcastle forward Alexander Isak, but the club insist they will not discuss a deal for less than double the £90m price being mentioned in the media [The Telegraph]

Sambi Lokonga says he has decided to leave Arsenal and his agent is now looking for a solution [Chris Wheatley]

Latest posts

Top Bottom