• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Anton Ferdinand

Mr. Hotshot

Established Member
Anton Ferdinand is a good defender. He can head out balls that are crossed into the box and apparently nobody in our squad can do that except for Lehmann who catches it. You saw the Man Utd game, Senderos and Toure are poor at high balls. How about last season when we lost 3-1 to Bayern and all 3 goals were crossed balls. And Toure made a lot of mistakes with his headers in the Villareal match. So yes we need someone like Anton Ferdinand who can clear balls with his head. However I think if he becomes a great defender, he'll probably demand high wages like his greedy brother, Rio.

longrufus

Established Member
Nonsense argument hotshot, Senderos is a great header of the ball. He was very unlucky at United, perfect ball he was unable to reach and if it wasnt for Rooney's amazin first touch he would ahve been round to cover.
Kolo toure may not be the best CB aerially, as you give in your examples of Villareal and Bayern away. Kolo has other attributes that make him world class.
And to speculate that Ferdinand is already more capable than both these players, is ridiculous. I lost count of how many european games he has played, oh, not to mention the vast international expeirence he has.
Anton Ferdinand is a good player, but so overrated. People talk about him like he is the finished article, which he is a long way off. Good player, would improve the squad but to say that he is the solution to our defensive "frailties" is rubbish.

For god sake, bang yer head against the wall. Anton Ferdinand is rubbish. Reminds me too much of his brother at Manure. Thats too much to take. Pay all it takes for John Terry or Frank Lampard. :evil:

jester

Established Member
*Cheeses of Nazareth* said:
For god sake, bang yer head against the wall. Anton Ferdinand is rubbish. Reminds me too much of his brother at Manure. Thats too much to take. Pay all it takes for John Terry or Frank Lampard. :evil:

yeah because i hear chelsea want to offload them :roll:

New Defender ??

OK. Well we all know that Curtis Davis is the best target in Engalnd. And we could get him at the right price. On a different note, who agrees with me that Pascal Cygan should be installed in the Jeff Blockley Hall of Fame -- that will test the memory of a few of you older gooners!!

kashif_wattoo

forget Anton Ferdinand, he will be over-hyped like his brother and then he will become an arrogant c$*t too, again like his brother..so get Curtis Davies for 5-6 mil poundsto get sufficient support to senderos and toure, offload Cygan and keep Campbell as 4th-choice/domestic cups only!!!

cheers...

Rocafella

Established Member
Anton is a quality defender and i'm sure he will go on to big things, probably not at West Ham but a better club.

kamikaze80

Established Member
kashif_wattoo said:
offload Cygan and keep Campbell as 4th-choice/domestic cups only!!!

cheers...
campbell fourth choice, youre having a laugh. if he stays healthy, campbell-toure is our first choice pairing next season.

yea, cheers.. :roll:

Arsenal Quotes

Thierry Henry was very quick at analysing everything that was going on and how he needed to react. This intelligence, this capacity to evaluate, understand and question oneself, is also the mark of great players... For everyone, for the fans and for us, he symbolised the golden age of Arsenal.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Daily Transfer Updates

Sunday, May 26

Talks have taken place between Marcus Rashford and Mikel Arteta [AFCamden]

Nothing is decided between Arsenal and Emile Smith Rowe [Fabrizio Romano]

Latest posts

Top Bottom