• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Anton Ferdinand

kel varnsen

Established Member
absolutely not. senderos will, imo, never be anything more than a decent central defender. ferdinand has the raw potential to become world class...

longrufus

Established Member
I like Anton Ferdinand and think he is a very good young player. If im being totally honest i prefer Curtis Davis, more to his game i think.
Senderos has got immense potential, and has outperformed both Davis and Ferdinand recently.

baccy_man

Established Member
fans fc is not the most reliable source for rumours like this, i would rather wait for other sources to confirm any interest .

kel varnsen

Established Member
longrufus said:
I like Anton Ferdinand and think he is a very good young player. If im being totally honest i prefer Curtis Davis, more to his game i think.
Senderos has got immense potential, and has outperformed both Davis and Ferdinand recently.

but the question has to be, does senderos perform well because of the team or does the team perform well because of senderos.

chicken or the egg. i think that ferdinand, or davis, could improve their game a lot if they were signed for us...

jay-d

Established Member
I would be very happy if we signed Anton Ferdinand, who I think will go onto big things. If we don't sign him another top club will and he will go onto be a success like his brother.

longrufus

Established Member
Good point Kel, i think it can only really be answered, if when the defense is plays poorly for a fun of games yet Senderos still plays well.

Another consideration when talking about Ferdinand or Davis is how they will cope. A lot of good young players struggle when they move to a big club, expectations, the pressure, a whole new enviornment. Lets not forget Senderos has aqquited himself amazingly well in his time here, and has settled in extremely well. Nothing seems to faze the big man, which is an admirable quality.

Reyes(9)

kamikaze80 said:
senderos does have a great mentality, i think we can all agree on that.

True ..but we really need back-up maybe Djouro will do ..then ? i mean other than Djouro whom? Cygan((NO NO NO)) or Campbell ((this guy must have a permenant place in the medical room(unlucky person) ))

A

Anonymous

i would like anton because he is so composed and i like his style. great prospect and i really feel we could get him if wenger makes him a real target of his

hollow

kel varnsen said:
absolutely not. senderos will, imo, never be anything more than a decent central defender. ferdinand has the raw potential to become world class...

Just what would Senderos have to do to prove himself? He has been chased by the top clubs in the world. He is part of the most resolute defense in the history of the Champions league. He keeps Sol Campbell, one of the finest and most consistant defenders England has ever produced, out of the Arsenal side.

Sometimes I think you just say things for the hell of it, Kel.

tactica442

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
hollow said:
kel varnsen said:

Just what would Senderos have to do to prove himself? He has been chased by the top clubs in the world. He is part of the most resolute defense in the history of the Champions league. He keeps Sol Campbell, one of the finest and most consistant defenders England has ever produced, out of the Arsenal side.

Sometimes I think you just say things for the hell of it, Kel.
If Senderos and Toure were English, those commentators would have praised the duo for the whole 90 minutes.

If Senderos were Woodgate, being an English defender reaching CL semi, he would be worth of the amount of what Real paid for Woodgate to Magpies.

Actually, I find it's a bit downgrading to compare Senderos with Woodgate. Big Phil is a much better defender. :thumbup:

Taozhe

I am sure Sp**s would put in a bid - they had been buying every promising british youngster to make the press lick their balls.

Arsenal Quotes

My job is to give people who work hard all week something to enjoy on Saturdays and Wednesdays

Arsène Wenger

Daily Transfer Updates

Saturday, May 18

Arsenal‘s interest in Ivan Toney has waned. It is unlikely he will join this summer and neither will Alexander Isak, with the club no longer interested at his £120m price [John Cross - The Mirror]

Benjamin Šeško will cost €65m this summer [Sky Sports Germany]

Latest posts

Top Bottom