• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Anton Ferdinand

Ratinho

Established Member
There, you see??

No I don't. At no point have I suggested Chelsea's defence isn't far stronger than ours, infact I've pointed out how much stronger they are in all areas on more than one occassion.

Try reading what I was replying to first.

Wenger14

Established Member
No team has 4 quality CB's, but most top teams do have 4 reliable decent players at the CB position. Cygan can't be included as one of them, simple as that. Especially with Cambell picking up injuries at a regular interval, we need another CB, Ferdinand sounds very tempting to me.

ajaxgunner

Ratinho said:
And Barca's strength in this area beyond moving midfielders back there?
Like Toure and Lauren? :wink: Actually this points to another reason why I believe Arsenal could use another quality centerback (besides Sol and Senderos). If Gilberto couldn't play for whatever reason, Kolo could move up into his position without having to rob peter or whatever the saying is. Though I don't think Wenger is considering moving Kolo back to midfield.

jeromelee

I seriously doubt Wenger will play Toure anywhere other than CB although personally I thought he'd do well in RB as well.

Ziontrain

jeromelee said:
I seriously doubt Wenger will play Toure anywhere other than CB.

Cnosidering that Toure's career under Wenger started off at Midfield, left back and even attack, before ending up at defense, I'd beg to differ.

Clearly Wenger thinks of Toure as a guy he can "rely on", period. AW will find a jersey for Toure, as long as the guy is putting out that effort. That is actually how Toure ended up at CB. Keown was flagging and Weeger said, "I know you can play there, you've done it before". But I think Wenger was really looking at Toure as going permanently in in midfield for is unflagging work rate and "never say die" attitude.

With that in mind, I'd be very nervous if I was Lauren.....

Ratinho

Established Member
I'm willing to bet large amounts of cash that Lauren is, and shouldn't be nervous about his position or his future.

Toure was moved around when he was younger when he was a utility squad memeber. Wherever he plays in the future, he is a CB now.

gunner_down_under

I've never considered Lauren as a weak link.....if you guys are referring to Cris Ronaldo tearing him apart, consider this, he would do that to pretty much all RBs in the world at the moment....the only player who completely dominated him in all areas I've seen is Ash......just be happy that the ugly one doesnt have a good end-product to go with his dazzling dribbles and footwork!

liridon

i really hope we will get the guy... he is really good and helpful for arsenal FC... but i think manutd has better chances to get him because of his brother

maxxspeed

I think he his very good defender, but he his not worth 10 mil. He his worth 2 - 5 million and even 5 million his too high for him

Ricky_AFC

Very good first season in the premiership. I think being the younger brother of that **** Rio has inflated his price too much for me. If he came at a reasonable price i would welcome him.

blueeyes_74

maxxspeed said:
I think he his very good defender, but he his not worth 10 mil. He his worth 2 - 5 million and even 5 million his too high for him

I agree with you "maxspeed"
I dont think what player like Anton Ferdinand is worth
10 miljon euro.
Price you say 2-5 is likely for player like him, he is very good
defender.

nazo

Established Member
10mil... yah right.
Might as well bring in a better defender for the same price or even half that.
He is good but the price is high and i don't think he would come to us anyways.

Arsenal Quotes

When Patrick Vieira came over from AC Milan, he didn’t know a word of English. We gave him accommodation, phone, car and an English teacher. I talked to Patrick in fluent French and before a game I asked in French, can you speak a bit of English to me? Patrick nodded and replied: Tottenham are shit!

David Dein

Daily Transfer Updates

Sunday, May 26

Talks have taken place between Marcus Rashford and Mikel Arteta [AFCamden]

Nothing is decided between Arsenal and Emile Smith Rowe [Fabrizio Romano]

Latest posts

Top Bottom