• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arteta’s Transfer Targets: Summer 2024

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 4,587
  • Views 234,643

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

We need more pace up front to supplement Martinelli/Saka - I would say Kai has shown enough at CF for us to continue with him there; we score a ****load of goals but I would love for us to be able to manage Saka's minutes better. Top class wide forward + CM please.

Zazu

the issue is G.Jesus nowhere near of giving you 15 goals in league if he was capable him and havertz can get you 30 goals combined in league but he not and he getting worse so we have to sell Eddie and get a CF that can help us and use G.Jesus in wings or a CF if there injury crisis.

first we have to sell ESR Nelson and Eddie to create some space for tow extra attackers we won't buy anyone if these guys still here.
Can we afford to sell all 3 with regards to the home grown quota?

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Think guys like Raya, Saliba and Martinelli count as home grown.

But do take your point, couldn’t mind an English back up keeper to come in. Think we’ve been linked with Patterson from Sunderland recently.

Sapient Hawk

Destiny's Hand 🖐🏿
Trusted ⭐

I noticed that too.

The club definitely wants and needs to bring in another top forward player.

Would Jesus, Martinelli and Trossard all be content with a place on the bench?

Jesus definitely needs to be made aware that his future at the club is predicated on his acceptance that he is destined only for a bit-part role.

He does not contribute enough end product to justify starting over better players.

My preference is for him to be sold outright along with Zinchenko & those who no longer have a future here.

The more I watch Kai, the more comfortable I am with him as our starting 9. Even if we do bring someone in, I don’t see Arteta trusting anyone over Kai at the moment. He’s firmly in the Ødegaard, Rice, Saka, Gabriel, Saliba group now I think.

If we can get a quality starting LW along with Bruno G in the middle, I’m more than content with that.
I agree with this. Kai's obviously not the most lethal, but he does just about everything else at a really high level. There's not many super lethal strikers out there right now. If you can't make that "Phase 5" massive statement signing at striker (Isak, etc) then I think the resources are better spent improving the rest of the squad and sticking with Havertz up front. Anyone who thinks Sesko, Zirkzee, etc are going to displace Havertz as the preferred striker are detached from reality/haven't watched them play.

CannonBals

+ Ramsdale

We still have
Saka Saliba Martinelli as academy homegrown
White Rice Raya as homegrown.

So 6 players.

Maybe backup GK we get is homegrown. In any case we may not need the additional place as u21 guys don't have to be registered and we anyway won't/shouldn't have more than 23 players older than them as Arteta hardly rotates.

Sapient Hawk

Destiny's Hand 🖐🏿
Trusted ⭐

They were more like undamaged hoes like Julia Roberts is n Pretty woman. Rashford is like her friend who is ran through with drug problems. Later in the movie Julia realised her friend is too damaged and gone to save and accept it. Rashford is too far gone

:lol::lol::lol:

9rcNKZINI76yay5yH7WuVPSlDhU=.gif

Jesus definitely needs to be made aware that his future at the club is predicated on his acceptance that he is destined only for a bit-part role.

He does not contribute enough end product to justify starting over better players.

My preference is for him to be sold outright along with Zinchenko & those who no longer have a future here.
I just don't know which team out there is signing up to take on Gabi's ~265k/week wages. And to a lesser extent, I also wonder about Zinchenko's 150k/week, which is easier to move, but given the injury history...

I think a Gabi Jesus transfer would only happen to Saudi, or mayyybbbbeeee PSG if they want a 4th attacker and good locker room presence for their young squad.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I agree with this. Kai's obviously not the most lethal, but he does just about everything else at a really high level. There's not many super lethal strikers out there right now. If you can't make that "Phase 5" massive statement signing at striker (Isak, etc) then I think the resources are better spent improving the rest of the squad and sticking with Havertz up front. Anyone who thinks Sesko, Zirkzee, etc are going to displace Havertz as the preferred striker are detached from reality/haven't watched them play.

Kai’s record since he moved to 9 has been immense. Across a season I back him to hit 15 league goals, with a decent number of assists, and that would be a great return.

There’s no way Mikel is dropping Kai, after all of the **** they both took, he’s his guy.

Agree completely on the other two, they’d be Eddie MK2.

I’d like us to see us bring in Bruno G, and then go and get the best possible starting LW (although concede it’s a tough market).

Kai’s record since he moved to 9 has been immense. Across a season I back him to hit 15 league goals, with a decent number of assists, and that would be a great return.

There’s no way Mikel is dropping Kai, after all of the **** they both took, he’s his guy.

Agree completely on the other two, they’d be Eddie MK2.

I’d like us to see us bring in Bruno G, and then go and get the best possible starting LW (although concede it’s a tough market).
Yeah I mean Kai now leads the team in non-PK EPL goals, and he's basically done it in the just the second half of the season when you consider he was hardly scoring/his form from the 1st half of the year. He does leave me wanting more in the big games, when chances are harder to come by. But between his off ball movement (his runs in-behind are extremely underrated imo), hold-up play, and defensive abilities, it's hard to meaningfully upgrade on him right now if you're not getting someone that's world class.

db10_therza

🎵 Edu getting rickrolled 🎵
Trusted ⭐

Player:White
They were more like undamaged hoes like Julia Roberts is n Pretty woman. Rashford is like her friend who is ran through with drug problems. Later in the movie Julia realised her friend is too damaged and gone to save and accept it. Rashford is too far gone

This is why I come to this forum man :lol: :lol: :lol:

ArsenesCoatMaker

Established Member

He's played 9 times in the PL as striker and has 7 goals and 4 assists in those games. If he could do that for a season it'd be 28 goals and 8 assists across 36 games. So I think he should be 20+ if he carries that form forward.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵

So what does this mean? No Mbappe?
Depends. It would based on a multiple of what the bottom club earned from TV and other revenue. So if the bottom club earned £100m and the cap was for 5 times that, you wouldn’t be allowed to spend over £500m on wages, amortised transfer fees and agent fees.

Based on this season, Chelsea are the only team that would be over the cap if they used a factor of 5:
IMG_2970.png

City would be on the edge, but we’d still have some breathing room

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Depends. It would based on a multiple of what the bottom club earned from TV and other revenue. So if the bottom club earned £100m and the cap was for 5 times that, you wouldn’t be allowed to spend over £500m on wages, amortised transfer fees and agent fees.

Based on this season, Chelsea are the only team that would be over the cap if they used a factor of 5:
View attachment 23951

City would be on the edge, but we’d still have some breathing room
Now I know why man city and utd voted against

• Funny
Reactions: A_G

Arsenal Quotes

It is well known the referees are protected very well like the lions in the zoo so we have to live with their decisions

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom