• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Bernd Leno (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
I danced with his mom once on national country ball. Cant dislike him with his mothers hips moves. Awful GK though. I said to AM but you had guys like Aþerican Gooner and Gspot twerking for him because they badly want to get one W over me.
Oh well in that case I understand. :lol:

Blankety Blank

emoji merchant
As the sensible posters have mentioned.
Bernd is too good to be a number 2 & obvs wants to play after a season bench warming.

Good luck he seems like a nice guy & has been a solid servant.

Turner is hopefully a capable enough deputy. The outrage on here because he didn't look like the best keeper on the planet in a friendly is frankly a fkin joke.

All keepers make errors. Sure Ramsdale had some 'moments' 2nd half of season but he absolutely smashed it 1st half & looked like a World beater.

Sensible opinion is he can mature. His distribution is excellent & although a baby by keeper standards he is one of the better No 1s in the league.

Take out the Man C & Liverpool keepers & I'm not sure there are too many that I would definitely say are a guaranteed upgrade.

boonthegoon

Arteta In by November

Player:Ødegaard
He could have gotten a better club. Now hoping he can keep them from getting relegated. Mostly will have a relegation clause anyway I think.

Energoto

Viel Glück Bernd, one of the best Emirates era goalkeepers, and a decent guy, never heard him complain like others in his position

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Leno was a very good keeper and a great pro. Turner on the other hand looks shyte but he’s a gooner. An injury to Ramsdale could be disastrous. I rate Ramsdale but he’s very young and there will be bumps along the way. Turner doesn’t give you the option to take heat off Ramsdale. The GK situation is suspect now. £8m ffs 🤦🏼‍♂️

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
Leno had one amazing season which we shouldn't forget (was it Emery's second?). He looked class almost every match even when the team was really poor. I honestly have no idea if Ramsdale is going to be better than him but if he can rediscover some form them we should be fine. Fulham are getting a really good player though - quality shot stopper and 1v1 keeper. Bargain at 8 million pounds (surely it's pounds not euro's...) This is one of those Arsenal players that other Prem Clubs should have been interested in.

I'm not as fussed about Turner as some others, very shaky start but I think he'll be ok as a backup when he's found his feet.

KrissKringle

Reinventing VAR 😡
Lol gone down to 8mil euros?
We are probably the worst selling club over the past 10-15 years, tbh.

Can't remember when we sold someone for stupid money and in recent years we seem to be either letting them go for peanuts or tearing their contracts by mutual agreement to get them off the wage bill because no one wants to buy them.

It's absolutely abysmal from a business pov when the likes of Porto and Dortmund have been moving players for ridiculous amounts.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Defo one of the best keepers of the Emirates era. Guy regularly played behind clowns like Mustafi, Sokratis, Holding ect. Didn't even think he really needed replacing much but guess Arteta wanted someone who's better on the ball. Absolute steal for Fulham, one of the signings of the summer. Good luck to him.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐

83bd0cde12473086f27a08eac618cbf1.gif

Arsenal4life14

Sad to see him go but Ramsdale is a better fit for our style of play, and he is on too high wages to keep him, It was a luxury last season having a back up like Leno, No other club had a back up on Lenos level.

I can understand why we want to sell it's really a waste of money paying your 2nd GK 100k a week. I would have liked more than 8m he is easily worth 20m, But I think Leno really wanted to stay in London, seems him and his wife like London a lot. So the club didn't have much choice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Football is a bit like elections. Before it's unpredictable. After it's unexplainable... But there's an opportunity for us to make it unforgettable.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom