• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Bernd Leno (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bloodbather

Established Member

We bought Turner because Leno wanted to leave (quite rightly for his career) because there's a world cup coming up. With 1 year left to get a fee and £100k a week, and a player who wants to leave, I'm not sure what else the club could do (other than get a more proven back-up)
A proven, experienced back-up would be the right move. It still isn't too late, keepers like Salvatore Sirigu, Sergio Romero, Joel Robles are available on a free.

lomekian

Essays are my thing
A proven, experienced back-up would be the right move. It still isn't too late, keepers like Salvatore Sirigu, Sergio Romero, Joel Robles are available on a free.
Problem is they've all been poor for a while now. They are only worth looking at if Turner is a disaster.

lomekian

Essays are my thing
Obviously this. It's daft to gamble on an MLS keeper when you know you have very fine margins to make it back into the CL. It would be one thing if Turner was some uber talent. He most certainly is not so for the club to just gift him the number 2 shirt when he hasn't even proven he can handle a farmer's league in Europe is monumentally dumb because it takes all of a second for Ramsdale to tear an ACL or something and now you have to rely on this kid until January and then get bent over in the market because teams know you're desperate for a replacement. God knows how many points you've dropped because he's not good enough by that point. The club already signed a token American who also looks clueless in that Trusty kid and thankfully he's going on loan. Turner was a weird, unnecessary and potentially costly signing if he has to be relied upon for any stretch of time.
Glad to see a guy regarded as the best in the MLS gets to be written off after a couple of soft pre-season goals at his new club.

I mean, I'm not convinced he's the guy, but I'd want to see him actually play a bit before making too many conclusions. After all, for 2 months Alex Manninger looked like a world beater, and equally Emi Martinez looked like Runnarson the first few times we saw him

Arsenal4life14

Glad to see a guy regarded as the best in the MLS gets to be written off after a couple of soft pre-season goals at his new club.

I mean, I'm not convinced he's the guy, but I'd want to see him actually play a bit before making too many conclusions. After all, for 2 months Alex Manninger looked like a world beater, and equally Emi Martinez looked like Runnarson the first few times we saw him
Exactly this, he's played a few games and a lot of people on here now believe he's a disaster. Plenty of players have joined clubs and had rough starts and turned out to be very good players including our club. To write a player off before he's even played a competitive game for us is everything that's wrong with this fan base.

It's no wonder the majority of our players play with fear most of the time.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
Thanks for the memories Bernd
EjRYQZTWAAIq8Cx

'Leno's rubbish, won't save a pen'.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Good luck to Leno hopefully he don't get relegated with Fulham he don't deserve that. They getting goal keeper too good for them

carter777

Thinks Poch Is The GOAT

Player:Saka
There's some sort of pun on "I hope Fulham don't get Bernd on this" but it's late so I'll just wish him all the best.

Malky

Established Member
We'll regret this and realise how good we had it having Leno on the bench for Ramsdale.
Ramsdale starts this season how he finished last season, or we need to rely on Turner for a long period, and we're in deep ****.
Wish Leno all the best.
Great keeper who never got the full respect that he deserved because he wasn't a passion merchant who goes OTT fist pumping every time he saves a shot, or cries when he wins a game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I think I lost my hair flicking the ball on for all them years at the near post from Brian Marwood's corners

Steve Bould

Latest posts

Top Bottom