• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Bernd Leno (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

UpTheGunnerz

Vrei sa pleci dar una una iei

Player:Elneny
What’s your beef with Martinez? Don’t know this Hein fella either, but I’m sure he’s better than Matt Turner.

He talks smack about Assna far too much for me to believe it’s in good faith or cheeky banter, he had a couple of months where he performed for us and then suddenly expected to be automatic number one, don’t like that attitude

Arsenal4life14

Gone backwards it seems, fix one hole and create another.
Tbh Leno had his moments of being suspect as well, at one point a lot of people on this forum wanted him out of the starting 11

I agree Leno is probably better than Turner but he's also probably on a lot higher wages and who knows he might have wanted to leave to get more game time.

And it makes no sense having a 2nd choice GK on the sort of wages Leno is on were just pouring money down the drain.

Its unfair to write Turner off already he's played a couple of friendly games that's it.

Halcyon Daze

How bad is Turner then? Lot of hate but know nothing about him and don’t watch American games. Just realised he’s 28 and never left America. Suspect in itself.

1970*Gooner

Established Member

Player:Rice
How bad is Turner then? Lot of hate but know nothing about him and don’t watch American games. Just realised he’s 28 and never left America. Suspect in itself.
We gorra pray that he is not as bad as some think otherwise we could be in Deep sh!t if Ramsdale blanks out.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
@A__G

If Ramsdale actually gets injured, we can now genuinely blame us not getting Champions League football, on Arsenal not signing The Cycling GK.

What a time to be alive :lol:

FinnGooner

Established Member
Well, no point keeping back-up GK with Leno’s wages but I’m not entirely comfortable with this. Would not be shocked if this season both Leno and Martinez outperform Ramsdale. It would classic Arsenal to fix the problems in the outfield position just to see it all go to waste due to series of GK **** ups. I hope Ramsdale’s second half dip of form last season was just some random hick up

Safe to say Turner is just a ****in’ mascot for US market so it’s all up to Ramsdale coming solid and not getting injured

lomekian

Essays are my thing
We bought Turner because Leno wanted to leave (quite rightly for his career) because there's a world cup coming up. With 1 year left to get a fee and £100k a week, and a player who wants to leave, I'm not sure what else the club could do (other than get a more proven back-up)

Malky

Established Member
Turner as backup to the already suspect Ramsdale, my word
Praying Ramsdale finds his form from the start or last season, because if he continues with the form from the 2nd half of the season we're ****ed - went from looking like he was unbeatable, to being beaten at his near post in nearly every game.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
We bought Turner because Leno wanted to leave (quite rightly for his career) because there's a world cup coming up. With 1 year left to get a fee and £100k a week, and a player who wants to leave, I'm not sure what else the club could do (other than get a more proven back-up)
Obviously this. It's daft to gamble on an MLS keeper when you know you have very fine margins to make it back into the CL. It would be one thing if Turner was some uber talent. He most certainly is not so for the club to just gift him the number 2 shirt when he hasn't even proven he can handle a farmer's league in Europe is monumentally dumb because it takes all of a second for Ramsdale to tear an ACL or something and now you have to rely on this kid until January and then get bent over in the market because teams know you're desperate for a replacement. God knows how many points you've dropped because he's not good enough by that point. The club already signed a token American who also looks clueless in that Trusty kid and thankfully he's going on loan. Turner was a weird, unnecessary and potentially costly signing if he has to be relied upon for any stretch of time.

Sammy1887

New Year, Same Hate For Reed
Runnarsson and now Turner..our GK business has been in shambles. There is no point selling Leno for peanuts unless there is a huge offer. He is a more than dependable backup keeper.

This Turner guy looks like a american version of Runnarsson.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

A fan and a supporter behaves in different ways and what we have experienced in the last two games is pretty unique and is related to our history

Mikel Arteta

Latest posts

Top Bottom