• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Bitello

lomekian

Essays are my thing
Don't get me wrong, i like Rice, but i can't help thinking we've targeted the wrong West Ham midfielder for our current set up. Lucas Paqueta, imo, is the ideal player for that LCM spot. I think he is brilliant and would show a lot more playing our brand of football.
Jury's slightly out on Paqueta. Found his form well in the last two months of the season, but for most of the season before that was very poor. Like the player's profile and talent, but he's always blown a little hot and cold. More obviously makes sense than Havertz, but the German has a higher ceiling if Arteta can give him his confidence back and undo the bad habits in his game he developed to cope with being played as a targetman by successive idiots at Chelsea.

Rice is just in a different league, and as a lone 6, double pivot or more defensive 8 has vast potential to go with an already impressive level of consistency.

Heavy Duty Rom

Outdated Tweets Merchant
Jury's slightly out on Paqueta. Found his form well in the last two months of the season, but for most of the season before that was very poor. Like the player's profile and talent, but he's always blown a little hot and cold. More obviously makes sense than Havertz, but the German has a higher ceiling if Arteta can give him his confidence back and undo the bad habits in his game he developed to cope with being played as a targetman by successive idiots at Chelsea.

Rice is just in a different league, and as a lone 6, double pivot or more defensive 8 has vast potential to go with an already impressive level of consistency.

I don't mind the Havertz signing, but was more keen when i thought he'd be an alternative to Jesus, Ødegaard, Saka (Jesus RW). As a LCM, i am not sure, does he have the mentality to play there, press with aggression, attack the box, put his foot through the ball rather than these casual passes and shots we often see from him? Needs to lose that timid streak he has, but lets see how it plays out.

I really like Paqueta, feel he has it all to be a true box to box and a difference maker. I can't see a weakness, he's basically the complete footballer. Finished the season strong, i feel he really would have suited our style of play.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

I don't mind the Havertz signing, but was more keen when i thought he'd be an alternative to Jesus, Ødegaard, Saka (Jesus RW). As a LCM, i am not sure, does he have the mentality to play there, press with aggression, attack the box, put his foot through the ball rather than these casual passes and shots we often see from him? Needs to lose that timid streak he has, but lets see how it plays out.

I really like Paqueta, feel he has it all to be a true box to box and a difference maker. I can't see a weakness, he's basically the complete footballer. Finished the season strong, i feel he really would have suited our style of play.
Paqueta has 4+1 years in contract and Rice 1+1 years. And Paqueta isn't a DMF.

I wanted Paqueta at the time, but why are you talking about him? Havertz also had 2 years left. West Ham won't sell him unless silly money.

Are you aware how contract lenght affects transfer fees? Arsenal won't buy overpriced players with 4+ years left.

Paqueta isn't an option anymore. That's a fact.

lomekian

Essays are my thing

I agree the jury is def out on Havertz, but would say that he can attack the box and put his foot through the ball, but at Chelsea the former was undermined by his usage and the latter disappeared as his confidence suffered.

Pacqueta at his best is an excellent player who would suit us well, but has always been inconsistent, and doesn't (to me) show much growth potential. Havertz a bigger risk who might not fit at all, but could also go supernova. Wouldn't have been my choice, but the potential is there.

Heavy Duty Rom

Outdated Tweets Merchant
I agree the jury is def out on Havertz, but would say that he can attack the box and put his foot through the ball, but at Chelsea the former was undermined by his usage and the latter disappeared as his confidence suffered.

Pacqueta at his best is an excellent player who would suit us well, but has always been inconsistent, and doesn't (to me) show much growth potential. Havertz a bigger risk who might not fit at all, but could also go supernova. Wouldn't have been my choice, but the potential is there.

Yeah, the backlash over his 45 minute cameo is incredibly harsh. Lets see how he gets on with Zinchenko and Martinelli on his side, with Ødegaard next to him. I just hope this fanbase gives him a little time and don't just jump on his socials the second he has a bad shot.

Henry boi

Yeah, the backlash over his 45 minute cameo is incredibly harsh. Lets see how he gets on with Zinchenko and Martinelli on his side, with Ødegaard next to him. I just hope this fanbase gives him a little time and don't just jump on his socials the second he has a bad shot.
Kinda like you did with Viera albeit it seems you've been proven right lol

Heavy Duty Rom

Outdated Tweets Merchant
Kinda like you did with Viera albeit it seems you've been proven right lol

I don't jump on Vieiras socials and would always want him to do well if he's on the pitch for us. What i mean with Havertz is there are fans who can't seem to get over the signing Chelsea 'rejects' thing, they are hoping for them to fail.

db10_therza

🎵 Edu getting rickrolled 🎵
Trusted ⭐

Player:White
I don’t rate Paqueta that highly tbh. Bit of a jack of all trades master of none imo. He was admittedly good in the last 2 months but can’t tell if that was a flash in the pan or not. He was soooo bad apart from that and has also never impressed me for Brazil.

I’m curious what Brazilians make of him actually. @El Duderino care to share before you lock this thread?

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
I don’t rate Paqueta that highly tbh. Bit of a jack of all trades master of none imo. He was admittedly good in the last 2 months but can’t tell if that was a flash in the pan or not. He was soooo bad apart from that and has also never impressed me for Brazil.

I’m curious what Brazilians make of him actually. @El Duderino care to share before you lock this thread?

Paqueta? He's well liked here.

People just don't get the Westham move, tbh. Yeah, it's the Prem, but Lyon are just are better "brand" so to speak.

Just don't know what he's doing in a Moyes team, really.

Arsenal1508

Mods are unethical! Özil, come assist me please!
Lol, you've seen nothing if thats your assessment of him.
He disappears - not courageous. Reason I guess he is at West Ham fand failed at AC Milan.

Honestly, Brazil really sucked at the World Cup - neither him nor Neymar should be starting.

At Westham, he might have had a good match every 1 out of 7.

I say he is the Sambi Lokonga as he doesn't make an impact or make you aware you are facing a battle. The guy doesn't show for the ball. Yes he got the pass for the winner in the Conference League, but honestly he flattered to deceive in Premier League. You can blame Moyes if you want.

Let's play Aubamawang

People are soo blinded when it comes to Ramsdale. He’s made more mistakes than Leno ever did for us. Better quality keepers have moved since we got this clown.
Leno made frequent mistakes. Arteta likes that Ramsdale isn't afraid to play the game the way he wants to even after a mistake. Leno wasn't great at the things Ramsdale does well, although we can debate whether there's more chance of the opposition missing a penalty if there's no goalie in the net.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Paqueta? He's well liked here.

People just don't get the Westham move, tbh. Yeah, it's the Prem, but Lyon are just are better "brand" so to speak.

Just don't know what he's doing in a Moyes team, really.

Teams like West Ham taking Lazio and Lyon's best players the last few years, feels so weird to me.

The Prem has ruined football really 😅

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Teams like West Ham taking Lazio and Lyon's best players the last few years, feels so weird to me.

The Prem has ruined football really 😅

And it's not like Tevez and Mascherano, where they were there only there for that one season because Kia was moving some pieces around.

Proper mental stuff.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Massive ****s? Yes.

People in brasil hardly know them, Elijah Wood was the most people got close to ln knowing their name.
That’s their song. West Ham are massive, everywhere we go. The fact they feel they have to remind everyone every game says they not so massive

Blankety Blank

emoji merchant
That’s their song. West Ham are massive, everywhere we go. The fact they feel they have to remind everyone every game says they not so massive
West Ham tbf have a good support base. They have sold out the big stadium since moving.

They also have quite a rich history. But way behind the really big clubs.

However their fans unfortunately think they are far bigger than they are.

Seriously they can only ever at their best be the 4th biggest team in London.

Thinking they are our rivals is kinda crazy.

Our London rivals are Chelsea & Sp**s. End of discussion.

On the World stage they are seen as mid to smaller level club.
As for in the capital city they are more Palace, Fulham level & those clubs should be their London rivals.

Arsenal Quotes

Have Tottenham closed the gap on Arsenal?
Last time I checked they were still 4 miles and 11 titles away

Arsène Wenger

Daily Transfer Updates

Saturday, May 18

Arsenal‘s interest in Ivan Toney has waned. It is unlikely he will join this summer and neither will Alexander Isak, with the club no longer interested at his £120m price [John Cross - The Mirror]

Benjamin Šeško will cost €65m this summer [Sky Sports Germany]

Latest posts

Top Bottom