• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

📢 Rumour Bruno Guimarães

Keplaz

My reasons for not wanting him, have nothing to do with football. He seems like an Emi Martinez level bastard. That is all.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

My reasons for not wanting him, have nothing to do with football. He seems like an Emi Martinez level bastard. That is all.
The thing is, players like Martinez or Guimaraes seem to have a huge hunger to succeed. Neither seem to be like that off the field. Take a look at some of Guimaraes interviews, seems a good bloke to me. These players are also a bit like Xhaka, and you want some players like that in the squad.

I would also assume the Brazilians at Arsenal would warn the club if they don't think he fits the squad, as they have seen him enough in the national team. Guimaraes is also only 26,5 years old, and remember how Xhaka's red cards developed. He learnt the lessons later in his career. Guimaraes should have got at least one red card for the Jorginho elbow, but he has only one red card in his career.

Newcastle needing so much money is heaven sent for Arsenal. Guimaraes fits the DMF role much better than Luiz. You want two top DMF's, so in case one gets injured, the season isn't ruined. Luiz can play there, but Guimaraes is better defensively, and can still play even LCM. That's important when you field him with Rice, so they can switch positions seamlessly when the game demands it.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Do you like Ben White? Because he’s a bit of a prick too. Will do cheeky ****houze stuff all the time. But he’s our prick 🤣

drippin

He is faster and younger than Jorginho.

Guimaraes is the only DMF on this list...

82dd8e378613b2d703d66ff86c0f9877a85aa463.jpg

drippin

He is not DMF. Longstaff is Newcastle DMF
Okay, do you have anything to back it up that these are the clear positions for them? If you look at the heatmaps at Sofascore, Bruno has been all over the field, but Longstaff has been higher up also.

It doesn't matter much anyway as Bruno is the only DMF/CMF in that list, which was my point. He is in good company in that list, being a more defensive midfielder.

And either Rice or Bruno can play the DMF position. It's possible Arteta plans to use Bruno at LCM more also, because he is better creatively and both have great stamina to press. I think he might be needed in build up, but this might depend on the opponent, like it has with Jorginho occasionally.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Okay, do you have anything to back it up that these are the clear positions for them? If you look at the heatmaps at Sofascore, Bruno has been all over the field, but Longstaff has been higher up also.

It doesn't matter much anyway as Bruno is the only DMF/CMF in that list, which was my point. He is in good company in that list, being a more defensive midfielder.

And either Rice or Bruno can play the DMF position. It's possible Arteta plans to use Bruno at LCM more also, because he is better creatively and both have great stamina to press. I think he might be needed in build up, but this might depend on the opponent, like it has with Jorginho occasionally.

Bruno sitting as a 6 is waste of his strength. He is at his best when he has freedom to roam. We already seen Rice as a 6 he is not great on the ball and our general play suffers with him there. This screams awful lot of money to just create issues

drippin

Bruno sitting as a 6 is waste of his strength. He is at his best when he has freedom to roam. We already seen Rice as a 6 he is not great on the ball and our general play suffers with him there. This screams awful lot of money to just create issues
Rice was the Xhaka replacement last summer for LCM. Bruno is the Partey replacement. The line-up where there is a DMF & CMF & Ødegaard has worked very well in the past two seasons.

Where is the waste of money and creating issues? It's only solving issues long-term.

And yes, no proof for your claims either. Take a look at Dokaka's post above.

ArsenesCoatMaker

Established Member
He is faster and younger than Jorginho.

Guimaraes is the only DMF on this list...

82dd8e378613b2d703d66ff86c0f9877a85aa463.jpg

I think this shows that Brighton's key quality was Pascal Gross and Caicedo and Mac Allister got the plaudits because they were younger with potential upside. In reality he was running the show. And that's why against Arsenal Caicedo was a RB and not a CM

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Rice was the Xhaka replacement last summer for LCM. Bruno is the Partey replacement. The line-up where there is a DMF & CMF & Ødegaard has worked very well in the past two seasons.

Where is the waste of money and creating issues? It's only solving issues long-term.

And yes, no proof for your claims either. Take a look at Dokaka's post above.
Yeah let’s pretend havertz was not bought for midfield and after failing there he was moved upfront

drippin

Yeah let’s pretend havertz was not bought for midfield and after failing there he was moved upfront
You're such a great debater, I'm in awe. Keep on ignoring the topics where you have no counter arguments.

And yes, Havertz was bought mainly as a CF & AMF, which have been his positions for his whole career. But the Partey-Rice-Ødegaard happened basically only against City in Community Shield, because of injuries.

Now we have seen it again when everyone is fit, and it works. So Bruno coming in will also work very well.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Yes but did you see Eddies interview and when he told him we need you coming days, stay out of trouble and he said I will. Eddie said yeah sure and basically said he didn’t think he could
Who is this about?

CannonBals

This really is an awful take.
Bruno is a DMF. He is much much better on the ball than Rice.
The reason we are looking at him in the first place is to offset Rices passing issue.
You seem to have made up your mind on the players and are now trying to find reasons.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

This really is an awful take.
Bruno is a DMF. He is much much better on the ball than Rice.
The reason we are looking at him in the first place is to offset Rices passing issue.
You seem to have made up your mind on the players and are now trying to find reasons.
I’m at the place where I prefer Rice as 8 rather than 6. I think you need better ball distribution from your 6 than what Rice offers. My only issue with Bruno is he is slow as a snail.

CannonBals

I’m at the place where I prefer Rice as 8 rather than 6. I think you need better ball distribution from your 6 than what Rice offers. My only issue with Bruno is he is slow as a snail.

Yes I share the same view. Rice at 6 doesn't work. Prefer him at 8.

But Bruno at 6 would work as he is faster than Jorginho and current version of Partey and they both work.
From what I have seen he seems to me an upgrade on Jorginho and just a bit below prime Partey but without injury issues. So I am ok with that.

Goonger

Slow in comparison to who? Because as CannonBals has pointed out, he's quicker than both Jorginho and Partey, and plays with more intensity and aggression than both.

There's plenty examples where he bursts through midfield riding a tackle or 2, you don't tend to do that if your slow as a snail.

You realise you want a player with better distribution than Rice, so that's good. However the better distributers don't tend to be overly pacey, it's probably what makes them so good at distributing in the first place.

jaystewart

Didn't realise you were a big Lyon fan

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel

...be so funny if we start next season with him and Rice as our midfield, tbh.

Both transfer windows we have had to listen to both West Ham (1 trophy in 44 years) and Newcastle (0 trophies in 55 years) say how Arsenal isn't a step up from them...fans really are idiots 😅

Arsenal Quotes

When you grow up with a club and you end up playing for them and winning things, you are from that club. I was born here. I was formulated here.

Liam Brady

Daily Transfer Updates

Sunday, May 19

RB Leipzig want to offer Benjamin Šeško a new contract to stay for one more year [Fabrizio Romano]

Arsenal are the negotiating table for Fenerbache LB Ferdi Kadıoğlu [Takvim via Sport_Witness]

Latest posts

Top Bottom