• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Bukayo Saka: Saka The Net

Is Saka a world class player?

• Yes definitely

Votes: 54 37.5%
  • Close, he’ll get there soon

Votes: 71 49.3%
  • No no at all

Votes: 19 13.2%

• Total voters

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Sanchez only had 1 season (though arguably his best, tbf) as our number 7, with the first two as our number 17...his last season was just a blur really...always think of Alexis as 17 anyway, luke Özil is number 11 to me.

So yeah Saka is probably our 2nd best number 7 of the Prem era, tbh... Rosicky injured too much to really be in this discussion sadly.

Riou

A fit Mozart beats them all imo

Nah, not Bobby.

2001/2002 Pires before his injury was basically playing with prime Henry and Bergkamp, and he was still the best attacker in the team.

Think that will remain the peak for our number 7 shirt for quite some time, imo.

Sanchez11

Nobody Is Coming!

Nah, not Bobby.

2001/2002 Pires before his injury was basically playing with prime Henry and Bergkamp, and he was still the best attacker in the team.

Think that will remain the peak for our number 7 shirt for quite some time, imo.
Didnt see him there mate, i agree. Mozart was underrated by many though.

Riou

Didnt see him there mate

You didn't see our most famous number 7 of the Prem era in that list...how!?

Be liking asking you to rank our number 14s in Prem history and you going, "Gotta be Aubameyang number 1 for me" 😅

Riou

The full clip of this, Jesus.

Pires done SO dirty in it 😅

@GDeep™

Steve Nicol said that if Pires wasn't playing back in the day, Arsenal still would have won those trophies.

What is this nonsense on ESPN FC!

• Funny
Reactions: A_G

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Sanchez was better, done more, and won more.

I’m sure you would agree with that. In the future he might surpass Alexis.
For once I can like your post, and naturally it's still a post that "pushes" our current star player down. What a surprise. :lol:

Sanchez was almost 26 years old when he joined, so Saka will absolutely be better in the end, barring any bad injuries.

Which he seems to have a talent to avoid. Not being injury-prone is also related to avoiding the worst scenarios when playing. You have to find the perfect moment to pull out, especially depending on the game situation, but still play until the end when it's required. Wilshere was "too tough" for example, plus injury-prone otherwise too.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

I’ve only had three players on the back of my Arsenal shirt ever before and Pires was one of them.

Him, Dennis and Thierry were different gravy. Everything after that was a blur 😂

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
Pires >>>> Sanchez > Saka >>Rosicky.

Pires is the GOAT Arsenal No. 7, but it's a toss-up between him and Overmars. I preferred the Dutchman growing up because he was more direct and tricky. Rosicky was overrated - good but not great and seldom available.

I have strong thoughts on Sanchez, but I will keep them to myself. I will say that his final season with us would make Bruno Fernandes look like Iniesta. Sanchez had no respect for ball retention and was a hero ball merchant of disastrous consequences.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Rosicky was overrated - good but not great and seldom available.

Completely agree with your post especially this part. Hleb over a shorter timeframe done a lot more than Rosicky but it’s not the popular choice due to the way he left us.

His contribution was so overlooked by our fanbase during that CL run to the final.

Blankety Blank

emoji merchant
The Giggs and Saka comparison is one of the dumbest I’ve ever seen. Giggs was never a numbers guy and Arsenal fans are too thirsty.

Many of the sick wingers at that time like McManaman, Giggs, Beckham Overmars etc had very ordinary numbers because the role was different. Waste of time comparing.
Yeah No doubt Giggs was a top player. High quality at least on the pitch from 17 to mid 30s ffs
Yeah & you also have to factor in a lot of them played most of their career in a 442 so it was not the same role. The wingers were not expected to get the numbers. Double digits was a very good return.
Playing with a front 3 is different dynamic.

GDeep™

League is very weak
For once I can like your post, and naturally it's still a post that "pushes" our current star player down. What a surprise. :lol:

Sanchez was almost 26 years old when he joined, so Saka will absolutely be better in the end, barring any bad injuries.

Which he seems to have a talent to avoid. Not being injury-prone is also related to avoiding the worst scenarios when playing. You have to find the perfect moment to pull out, especially depending on the game situation, but still play until the end when it's required. Wilshere was "too tough" for example, plus injury-prone otherwise too.
I’m not putting anybody down. It’s not a debate Sanchez hit levels that nobody in this current have, atm.

Arsenal Quotes

As far as i'm concerned, Tony Adams is the effing Empire State Building

Ian Wright

Daily Transfer Updates

Sunday, May 19

RB Leipzig want to offer Benjamin Šeško a new contract to stay for one more year [Fabrizio Romano]

Arsenal are the negotiating table for Fenerbache LB Ferdi Kadıoğlu [Takvim via Sport_Witness]

Latest posts

Top Bottom