• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Bukayo Saka: Saka The Net

Is Saka a world class player?

• Yes definitely

Votes: 54 37.5%
  • Close, he’ll get there soon

Votes: 71 49.3%
  • No no at all

Votes: 19 13.2%

• Total voters

Blankety Blank

emoji merchant
Completely agree with your post especially this part. Hleb over a shorter timeframe done a lot more than Rosicky but it’s not the popular choice due to the way he left us.

His contribution was so overlooked by our fanbase during that CL run to the final.
Hleb was a fantastic player, unbelievable on the ball but for an attacking player unfortunately offered virtually no goal threat. (it was kinda embarrassing)
If he had even a half decent goal output he would be rated way higher.

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
Completely agree with your post especially this part. Hleb over a shorter timeframe done a lot more than Rosicky but it’s not the popular choice due to the way he left us.

His contribution was so overlooked by our fanbase during that CL run to the final.
In most wing pairings, there is the main man and the backup dancer. Rosicky was always in the latter camp. As you have already mentioned, Hleb outshone Rosicky. Arshavin outshone Rosicky. Nasri outshone Rosicky. Hell, even Walcott outshone Rosicky at times.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

I’m not putting anybody down. It’s not a debate Sanchez hit levels that nobody in this current have, atm.
Not in a straight way, but it was in there. I'm sure you can understand what I mean. I rarely see you praise anyone without having even a minor dig at Arsenal in some way. But I'm hopeful still.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Hleb was a fantastic player, unbelievable on the ball but for an attacking player unfortunately offered virtually no goal threat. (it was kinda embarrassing)

He was more a link player and integral to our free flowing football which is why I wasn’t too fussed with his goal threat.

I think I appreciate him a lot more these days especially with the technical level of players around the world in the gutter and fans fixated on G/A. A stats padder like Bruno Fernandes can fool a team into thinking he’s a top tier player when in actual fact he’s very limited in his creativity and all round game.

Modern day fans need to understand a player can have a good game without scoring or assisting.

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
He was more a link player and integral to our free flowing football which is why I wasn’t too fussed with his goal threat.

I think I appreciate him a lot more these days especially with the technical level of players around the world in the gutter and fans fixated on G/A. A stats padder like Bruno Fernandes can fool a team into thinking he’s a top tier player when in actual fact he’s very limited in his creativity and all round game.

Modern day fans need to understand a player can have a good game without scoring or assisting.
It's all about balance. I don't think you can be considered a top attacker if you can't produce, at the bare minimum, respectable numbers. Hleb averaged three goals a season throughout his career - that is terrible, no matter how you look at it. The fact Hleb's career went down the toilet after he left Arsenal would suggest he wasn't that good either. However, I'm not going to downplay his 07/08 season, because he was immense, especially in the Champions League.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

It's all about balance. I don't think you can be considered a top attacker if you can't produce, at the bare minimum, respectable numbers. Hleb averaged three goals a season throughout his career - that is terrible, no matter how you look at it. The fact Hleb's career went down the toilet after he left Arsenal would suggest he wasn't that good either. However, I'm not going to downplay his 07/08 season, because he was immense, especially in the Champions League.

Thing is before he moved to Arsenal he was pretty productive for Stuttgart. He had 22 G/A in all comps but when he made the move he had 8 assists in one campaign which was followed by 11 in 07/08.

With players similar to him and his technical ability you can adapt the system slightly for him as long as you have a proper CF who can score 20+ goals like we had with Adebayor and goals from other positions in the team. There were many players in the late 90s and 00s who weren’t as productive in that era but were fantastic players, just have a look at Seedorf’s numbers as an example. Same goes for many others like Aimar, Ortega or even a Jay Jay Okocha who was class but wasn’t really as productive in front of goal.

Blankety Blank

emoji merchant
Yeah I kinda agree with most of this take tbh. I think to be considered very top level you have to produce a bit more.

No doubt Hleb was an absolute joy to watch though from a purist footballing pov.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Rosicky was a top player, was unbelievable at Dortmund as their main playmaker...when he came here we already had Cesc who was generational so he always kinda had to play out of position, and he was still quality there pre injury.

Funny character too...loved heavy metal, hated Sp**s, 18 month ban for a coke addiction...good guy all round!

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
Pires >>>> Sanchez > Saka >>Rosicky.

Pires is the GOAT Arsenal No. 7, but it's a toss-up between him and Overmars. I preferred the Dutchman growing up because he was more direct and tricky. Rosicky was overrated - good but not great and seldom available.

I have strong thoughts on Sanchez, but I will keep them to myself. I will say that his final season with us would make Bruno Fernandes look like Iniesta. Sanchez had no respect for ball retention and was a hero ball merchant of disastrous consequences.

Pires was levels above Overmars technically and superior.

I disagree with comments regarding Rosicky, who technically and football IQ wise was brilliant and I believe he was a very underrated player.

There a few contributing factor against Hull in the FA cup to end our trophy drought (Santi freekick being the instigator). However what was key for us to win that match was brining on Rosicky and Wilshere as we dominated when these two came on.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
I think Hleb would have been an elite 8 in modern football, tbh.

Crazy dribbler, brilliant passer (think his assist numbers are really good) and remember him having high workrate...would have suited that central role in an Arteta/Pep system perfectly.

His goal scoring is hilarious though, took him his full 3 year Arsenal carrer just to get double figures in all comps :lol:

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
Pires >>>> Sanchez > Saka >>Rosicky.

Pires is the GOAT Arsenal No. 7, but it's a toss-up between him and Overmars. I preferred the Dutchman growing up because he was more direct and tricky. Rosicky was overrated - good but not great and seldom available.
The amount of nonsense around past teams on this forum is unreal. That team (2002-2005) never managed to get past quarter finals of the CL but you guys see it as every player we've had was the best we've ever had.

No, Pires wasn't better than Sanchez or Saka, Campbell wasn't better than Saliba/Gabriel, Vieira wasn't a superior passer of the ball, and the list goes on.

The only player who stands above everyone else without competition is Henry, the rest are easily comparable to the players we see today or the likes of Sanchez/Fabregas who left us somewhere in between.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
The amount of nonsense around past teams on this forum is unreal. That team (2002-2005) never managed to get past quarter finals of the CL but you guys see it as every player we've had was the best we've ever had.

No, Pires wasn't better than Sanchez or Saka, Campbell wasn't better than Saliba/Gabriel, Vieira wasn't a superior passer of the ball, and the list goes on.

The only player who stands above everyone else without competition is Henry, the rest are easily comparable to the players we see today or the likes of Sanchez/Fabregas who left us somewhere in between.
So the team that went Invincible wasn't as good as claimed based on not getting past the quarterfinals of the CL when every big club had a Galactico XI but this present team that has won nothing is better than that team full of World Cup winners and generational stars because...
Calculating Figure It Out GIF

Paperino

It’s Timo Time

Clown.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
So the team that went Invincible wasn't as good as claimed based on not getting past the quarterfinals of the CL when every big club had a Galactico XI but this present team that has won nothing is better than that team full of World Cup winners and generational stars because...
Calculating Figure It Out GIF
This a classic AM post twisting, can you highlight where I've said that this team is better than them, or are you just gonna admit you twisted my post so you can put your funny meme on it?

I've never said it wasn't an amazing team, but I will also never say every player in every position was the best we've ever had like most people do on this forum.

Also, if you think Parker, Hasselbaink, Gudjonsen, Bridge, and Melchiot were Galacticos then maybe I should put in a funny meme for you

Arsenal Quotes

I am not arrogant and I'm not frightened to say it.. Arsenal can go through whole season unbeaten

Arsène Wenger

Daily Transfer Updates

Sunday, May 19

RB Leipzig want to offer Benjamin Šeško a new contract to stay for one more year [Fabrizio Romano]

Arsenal are the negotiating table for Fenerbache LB Ferdi Kadıoğlu [Takvim via Sport_Witness]

Latest posts

Top Bottom