• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Cedric Soares (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
How much is the obligation? He has 1,5 years left.

Was really nice to realize that Arsenal has Walters. Otherwise wouldn't make sense to sell at this point.
I think will be 5M or less but not been mentioned yet

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

I wonder if they’ll buy a new RB in the summer, or promote an academy kid?
I assumed BNC and Walters would need loans. And with Arsenal having so many injury-prone fullbacks, they would keep Cedric for one more year.

But maybe they keep one of those youngsters for cup games and as backup.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
I think with white and tomi there no need depends on tomi fitness our fullback position is very comfortable so I think they'll try to sign backup center back to replace holding we heavily linked with n'dicka

Yh maybe, White and Tomi are both defensive though, they’re both CBs really. It would be good to have a more attacking option, just for variety.

TromsoGooner

Obsessed With Looking for Eric
I assumed BNC and Walters would need loans. And with Arsenal having so many injury-prone fullbacks, they would keep Cedric for one more year.

But maybe they keep one of those youngsters for cup games and as backup.
Think Walters go on Lian and BNC stay after being on loan this season. White,Tomi and BNC is plenty

drippin

Think Walters go on Lian and BNC stay after being on loan this season. White,Tomi and BNC is plenty
Yeah, just that I think BNC is still struggling a bit so one more loan might be better for his development than small minutes here and there.

yorch44

Commander of the Pelotudo Brigade
Yeah, just that I think BNC is still struggling a bit so one more loan might be better for his development than small minutes here and there.
Loan with option to recall. But I don't see both getting injured. So I feel we are ok in both FBs. We all know or problem is DPL and striker.

drippin

Loan with option to recall. But I don't see both getting injured. So I feel we are ok in both FBs. We all know or problem is DPL and striker.
If we have 4 FB's, White not being injury-prone, but Zinchenko, Tierney and Tomiyasu being so, I don't want Arsenal to risk the season like that.

N'Dicka could of course play LB better than Holding, if he comes.

Recall would be a good plan but serious teams won't likely agree to such a shock move during the season if they need the player. They will be fckd.

yorch44

If we have 4 FB's, White not being injury-prone, but Zinchenko, Tierney and Tomiyasu being so, I don't want Arsenal to risk the season like that.

Recall would be a good plan but serious teams won't likely agree to such a shock move during the season if they need the player. They will be fckd.
Maybe, but I don't think we will have long injuries in that regard because finally Tierney is getting some rotation. I think the main problem with Tierney is sadly his body can't take 2 games per week so I think him and Zinchenko can share a lot of minutes and help each other to stay healthy. Tomi... He is good but picking a lot of injuries, we are lucky White is not prone injury. But tbf... Playing Cedric is like playing no one there. If his money means better players in other areas I take the risk.

drippin

Maybe, but I don't think we will have long injuries in that regard because finally Tierney is getting some rotation. I think the main problem with Tierney is sadly his body can't take 2 games per week so I think him and Zinchenko can share a lot of minutes and help each other to stay healthy. Tomi... He is good but picking a lot of injuries, we are lucky White is not prone injury. But tbf... Playing Cedric is like playing no one there. If his money means better players in other areas I take the risk.
It's not luck with White. It was part of his price. The guy played a full Championship season for example. All the others were cheaper in part because of injuries.

4 FB's is just not enough when 3 of them are injury-prone, especially in an UCL season.

So either we keep one youngster RB, or get N'Dicka who can cover LB if necessary. Saliba can also play inverted RB I'm sure, but it's not optimal to change the CB pairing.

And would still require one more body just in case and for cups I think, so maybe keep Holding or something.

Blankety Blank

emoji merchant

I didnt think we were gonna get Ndicka til the summer tho?
Im with you & dont get all the crapping on cedric as a 3rd choice he is ok.
Experienced portugese international who can at least offer some cover at both FB positions.
Nobody wants him playing regular but as you say with the injury record of Tomi, KT & Zinny i certainly can see why hes here.

As for Fulham paying a decent fee?
Can people really see it happening
They barely stumped up 3m for Leno ffs.
It will likely be a callum chambers style giveaway.
TBF after he has left the building everybody else should fetch pretty decent coin if we move them on :applause:.

yorch44

It's not luck with White. It was part of his price. The guy played a full Championship season for example. All the others were cheaper in part because of injuries.

4 FB's is just not enough when 3 of them are injury-prone, especially in an UCL season.

So either we keep one youngster RB, or get N'Dicka who can cover LB if necessary. Saliba can also play inverted RB I'm sure, but it's not optimal to change the CB pairing.

And would still require one more body just in case and for cups I think, so maybe keep Holding or something.
If we have to use Cedric in UCL then is game over. I better use an academy guy with some potential.

drippin

I didnt think we were gonna get Ndicka til the summer tho?
Im with you & dont get all the crapping on cedric as a 3rd choice he is ok.
Experienced portugese international who can at least offer some cover at both FB positions.
Nobody wants him playing regular but as you say with the injury record of Tomi, KT & Zinny i certainly can see why hes here.

As for Fulham paying a decent fee?
Can people really see it happening
They barely stumped up 3m for Leno ffs.
It will likely be a callum chambers style giveaway.
TBF after he has left the building everybody else should fetch pretty decent coin if we move them on :applause:.
Leno was 4 million pounds, rising to 8 million if they stay up.

Yeah I was talking about summer because Walters can be ultimate backup until then. He has been injured so can stay.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

My job is to give people who work hard all week something to enjoy on Saturdays and Wednesdays

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom