• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Charlie Patino (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bucephalus

It may or may not work out, for us, or Patino. But this has to be the textbook path for a youngster who gets to that point by virtue of elite technical/footballing skills rather than elite athleticism. (Unless you're Cesc or Saka, and it's a different story).

1. Hale End, up to the u23s, developing those technical skills.
2. Loan to just about anywhere. Whole point isn't further technical development, but proving you can stand up to the rigors of fully adult football. Minutes are more important than results.
3. Now you've proved that, loan to somewhere that plays at least vaguely similar football to Arsenal. Results now matter.
4. Come back to Arsenal and fight for your place.

Patino needed those minutes getting clattered for a bad Championship team, just to prove that he could do that part. Skipping over step two and sending him directly to Swansea just risked him being stuck on the bench. And it still might not work out. But the progression up to now absolutely makes sense, and I hope we get to see step 4.

Rattata

I think we just weren't happy with the permanent deals that teams offered us for him. So rather loan him for another season in hope that he has a great loan.

Makavelii

A

Arteta must have some serious powers of seduction with the amount of players he has convinced to stay or sign for us.

There’s no way that tweet was true lol.
It’s just jumping on the theme of Arteta’s charm. But he wouldn’t have bothered convincing an unproven player to stay with us when we only have 1 year of his contract left. We would’ve preferred to sell.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Some necks are about to get a bit of whiplash if he stays...

With Partey staying another year and Jorginho staying another 12 months, there might be a way for him to play for us.

Even if he is just a serviceale squad player, that's a win as far as Colney goes.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Some necks are about to get a bit of whiplash if he stays...

With Partey staying another year and Jorginho staying another 12 months, there might be a way for him to play for us.

Even if he is just a serviceale squad player, that's a win as far as Colney goes.
Considering how the first team is going, very very few of our academy players will move on to play for us. That being said, the academy can give many a great start in a future career. We had players like Seb Larsson who forked out a decent career.

Most will not make it here, many will not make it in football. The eye of the needle has probably narrowed at Arsenal in recent years.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Difficult to succeed at Blackpool, they were very poor last year. I thought he did alright everything considered.

Swansea ought to be a better fit.
Yeah he was a very awkward fit even when Appleton was there. Swansea actually try to play possession football and I think he'd very much fit their style of play. Will be interesting to see what role he plays there, as I could see them using him as the deepest midfielder for some games given his main skillset. He's actually a fairly decent ballwinner, although I think he lunges in a bit too much to overcompensate for his lack of speed and acceleration. I think of the role Jorginho plays and I think Patino can become a very similar player with perhaps a little more versatility with his ability to carry the ball and his eye for goal.

I'm honestly glad he's staying - for now. It's probably still a longshot now for him to make it here IMO but I think he has a fairly unique skillset in comparison to the players we're currently producing and indeed players that we're linked with bringing in.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
This loan to Swansea will probably be make or break for his Arsenal career.

He's got to show something this season if he's going to be in Arteta's plans next season and receive a new contract.

I'm skeptical but I hope he makes it here.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

I took a gander at some of the Swansea forums, and many there seem to think they got a decent shot at signing him next season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Everybody knows how much I love Arsenal - I became a fan. And to be out here [in front of the Emirates as a statue] celebrating a goal against Sp*rs, there's not much else to say after that. Like I've said before: Once a Gooner, always a Gooner.

Thierry Henry
Top Bottom